Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

establishing local PAC's with state reps

I would like to make a suggestion and solicit the help of everybody. As y'all know, it's my opinion that this country can only be saved through the legistures and/or governors of the states.

I have talked extensively with my state rep and also a staff member in the governors office. He advised me to meet with the state senators as well as the represenatives. He has read over some of the documents and proposals that I submitted and believes that WE do have valid concerns. I believe we could get the states to request a 'special session' to address some of our concerns.

What I would like to do is establish a political action group consisting of the members of the state legislature in my county -- republican and democrat and I suggest that each of you do the same.

While I do know how to run my mouth, I do not know about organizing a political action committee.

what do y'all think?
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

is there anything you don't know anything about????

Political Action Committees, commonly called "PACs," are organizations dedicated to raising and spending money to either elect or defeat political candidates.

I guess a "PAC" wasn't what I was thinking about --- I don't care about raising money or spending money. I guess I just want an "activist" group that connects with the state legislature.
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    is there anything you don't know anything about????

Political Action Committees, commonly called "PACs," are organizations dedicated to raising and spending money to either elect or defeat political candidates.

I guess a "PAC" wasn't what I was thinking about --- I don't care about raising money or spending money. I guess I just want an "activist" group that connects with the state legislature.

I am a quick learner. A PAC is a great way to form an activist group. Think about it this way, it gives you clout with legislators when you can donate money to their campaigns and even pay for political ads on their behalf. Some would call it legalized bribery but I say, if you want to play with the big boys, you have to play their way.....

Many companies spend millions of dollars "helping" their favorite candidates. http://sopr.senate.gov Take a look at this company
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)