Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Eva Longoria, must write her Network

Sex-Mex Eva Longoria: Don't deport illegals
    'Mexicans contribute an enormous amount to our society'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: April 18, 2006
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Actress and model Eva Longoria on cover of USA Weekend last week

"Desperate Housewives" vixen Eva Longoria is stepping out of the house with her political views on immigration, saying it's "unfortunate" some American lawmakers are looking to deport illegal aliens and build a barrier on the U.S.-Mexico border.

"Mexicans contribute an enormous amount to our society, economically and socially," the Texas-born Mexican-American actress told Reuters. "I don't think this administration can afford to have things end badly."

In an interview published in Ireland Online, the actress who worked with the John Kerry presidential campaign in 2004, accepted the fact she has become a role model for the Latin community, and is looking to effect change in the lives of foreigners living below the poverty line in the U.S.

"I work a lot with the National Council of La Raza, which is the largest Latino civil rights organization in the country and I work a lot with the United Farm Workers," Longoria, 31, said. "I've been in the fields with these people and I've tried to experience a day in the life of these people. I'm producing a documentary on the labor workers."

She added: "We're in this big debate about the future of our immigration laws which is colored by the often negative media portrayals of Latinos in television and film. In the 1940s, after the Great Depression, they did a huge deportation of Mexicans and Mexican-Americans who were American citizens ... .

"Everyone has a right to be treated as a human being. There are slavery lawsuits in Florida right now against some orange growers. ... The fact that the year is 2006 and slavery's still happening is insane."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=49785
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Eva Longoria, must write her Network

Eva is on Desperate Housewives. When we write her network, ABC, we can let them know that we will not watch DH because of her statements concerning illegals.
    And we should also let her network know that we have no problem with LEGAL immigrants from Mexico or with Mexican-Americans. Our problem is with ILLEGAL immigrants no matter where they come from.

There goes my Desperate Housewife's! How can I ever watch it anymore. I have to boycott it now and write ABC.

My world is shattered.

She was on Cavuto yesterday and gave brief statement and she used the word ignorance ..and that did not sit too well with me.

I think there's a bigger picture here, and I get very frustrated when I see things like this.

A role model? She's famous because she looks great. Not because she's smart. Not because she's done anything of merit. Not because there are any outstanding accomplishments. She's famous because she looks good.

If people start looking to bad TV series of people like this for role models we're in even bigger trouble.

She's just a typical actress. They have this wild misconception that their opinion somehow means more than others. Even though in most cases they've done much less than the average American to contribute to their community. Spending a day with an entourage with people doing back breaking work is hardly getting to understand. Try it for a month with no money, and no help. Let's see how far it goes then. I'm betting she's never done a day of hard work in her life.

Madonna has this same ridiculous problem. So did Pamela Anderson. Nobody has EVER paid these women to think.

I emailed Cavuto the moment I heard Longoria.
    She needs to stick to her job of acting and keep her political aspirations to herself since they are based on ignorance as well. Does Longoria understand La Raza's true agenda? Maybe she believes the US belongs to Mexico too.

Quote Originally Posted by jtttest2
    I think there's a bigger picture here, and I get very frustrated when I see things like this.

A role model? She's famous because she looks great. Not because she's smart. Not because she's done anything of merit. Not because there are any outstanding accomplishments. She's famous because she looks good.

If people start looking to bad TV series of people like this for role models we're in even bigger trouble.

She's just a typical actress. They have this wild misconception that their opinion somehow means more than others.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. I never much liked lil' Eva anyway and now I don't for sure! Nor can I tolerate that stupid excuse of a television show.

It's wrong for her to use her "star" status to attempt a political statement.

Hope we don't have to endure the outspoken Streisand on this one.

And I care about what some halfwit celeb who's only talent is to spread her legs on national tv thinks because?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    And I care about what some halfwit celeb who's only talent is to spread her legs on national tv thinks because?
    Good one dman1200. ROFL! :P