Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hmmm...........interesting discussion on this particular website.

As a "European-American" (with some Native blood), if WE dared to become a force on our own - which some have done like the white separatists up in Idado or somewhere - we'd be labeled racist more than we already are. Can you imagine? White power? Caucasian power? Euro-American power?

LOL

Welcome Hispanic_Guy. You are a breath of fresh air here for the Hispanic community. I respect your response about the "emotional response". That's exactly how it works. I've seen it on many forums.

"You Don't Speak For Me" is a group against this bill and is Hispanic based. They are for legal immigration as we are. I really respect them. I've seen members on Neil Cavuto's business show at 1:00 p.m. Pacific time on Fox Cable News.

Welcome again and spread the word. I've never been political but I am now and fighting for my kids, grandkids and generations to come.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Interesting bit of trivia from Doug McIntyre's program yesterday...

Albert Einstein became a US in the 1940's; BUT his son, who evidentally had severe mental problems, WAS NOT allowed to emigrate from his homeland in Switzerland. He was denied US citizenship. Once he became a US citizen, Einstein never left the US; and sadly, never saw his son again!

How things have changed! US citizenship is a meaningless piece of paper that may be replaced by the Z Visa! Bush is selling this country out for 30 pieces of silver...make that pesos. I can tell you first hand that I am seeing 100's of the poorest of the poor 'new arrivals' appearing DAILY in my city...it's a real culture shock (and I am NOT easily shocked!!!).

CA is the staging ground...we see everything BEFORE it comes to a city near you, and I weep for America...for what the future holds!

And, welcome HispanicGuy! Your comments are spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by VaMinuteMan
    Daedalus you are certainly entitled to your opinion - I just happen to believe most strongly that people like you hurt us more than help us.
    Once again, I speak for myself. We are not on your side. We believe that being an American is more than belonging to a legal category. If your definition of being an American wasn't so hopelessly unattractive, maybe more immigrants would bother to assimilate. In a few days, a very good chance exists that the Senate will pass "comprehensive immigration reform." The House might sign off on it later this summer. Bush will certainly sign it into law. If that happens, the whole "law and order" red herring will disappear from this debate. All the "illegal aliens" will become legal residents. All the "illegal aliens" of the future will come here legally (the current bill more than doubles legal immigration). The case for immigration reform will have to be based on more important concerns. At that point, conservatives like you will either disappear or go silent.

Maybe you should check the large words at the top of this web page because obviously you aren't in agreement with them. We're not anti-immigrant here, we're anti ILLEGAL immigrant.
    I'm well aware of that. In your view, legal groups that agitate to advance Hispanic group interests like the National Council of La Raza, LULAC, and MALDEF are fine. Your major complaint is that some of the immigrants are trespassing. If the U.S. was utterly transformed into something like Brazil, provided it was done legally, you are fine with that. Obviously, I disagree, and so do many others.

If you want to just stir up trouble that's fine, I'm sure a mod will be more than happy to play tag with you. As for me, I'm done with your diatribes.
    I'm not here to "stir up trouble." I have simply pointed out why the American immigration reform movement is failing to acheive its goals, unlike a similar movement in France and other European countries. I'm a political scientist, btw. The American national identity is 1.) now too thin to be attractive to new immigrants and 2.) too weak to resonate with American natives.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus
    I'm not here to "stir up trouble." I have simply pointed out why the American immigration reform movement is failing to acheive its goals, unlike a similar movement in France and other European countries. I'm a political scientist, btw. The American national identity is 1.) now too thin to be attractive to new immigrants and 2.) too weak to resonate with American natives.
    Political scientist my foot. And what "scientific" organization do you work for? What a crock of garbage that is. Your extreme racist views are an addition to our problem not a help. You obviously don't know your history - or let me rephrase that: you pick and choose your history to fit your Euro-centric mantra. If you want to model America out of that joke of a country called France - you go right ahead. In case you haven't been paying attention - they are pretty much a bug on the windshield of history and haven't been able to return to the level of relevancy since Napoleon Bonaparte. It was the French my young political "scientist" that got their rears handed to them by the MEXICANS back in the mid 1860s.

Here's a link to help you in your "scientific" research...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximilian_I_of_Mexico

Welcome Aboard Hispanic Guy
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Daedalus said:

Then it is our serve.
    Who's serve and what will "they" be doing?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's not Hispanic Americans who have their loyalties skewed. It's the
    CORPORATION'S who are pushing this "BILL".

To my fellow Hispanics out there, who do you think is going to come out winners in all of this?
    Do you HONESTLY THINK that it's going to be us "Latino's"?

Why do you think that they are saying to us; You don't have to learn English, You don't have to do anything "We will take care of you".

The Corporation's ARE going to take care of us "STRAIGHT DOWN THE SEWER".

Y tu sabes que eso es verdad. La unica cosa a que ellos le importa es el color verde.

Quanto nostros mas tenemos que pasar por esta Verguenza?
    Son Las CORORACIONE'S que estan ENPOHANDO ESTO.

POR FAVOR HABRE TU OJOS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Hispanic_Guy, this is good to hear as so many Hispanic Americans have their loyalties skewed. As Americans we CANNOT afford to have loyalites only to ones own racial group, we have to be loyal as a whole, as Americans, nothing else.

Human2...excellent post...so completely agree
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    Human2...excellent post...so completely agree
    So do I and welcome to you and Hispanic Guy! Good post both of you!
    Human2 hit the nail on the head when he said all the corporations care about is money, the workers mean nothing anymore, I have seen it myself. Use them up and spit them out is now the mantra.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast