Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Everybody a wake yet????

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Everybody a wake yet????

A wake yet this need to be stopped spread the word....This traitor "Presidiente'" want to give our sovereignty over the the UN....

http://nagr.org/2013/un-gun-ban-june.aspx?pid=fb4

Bloomberg Uses Commencement Speech to Push Gun Control, Rail Against ‘Extremist’ NRA

May 20, 2013

(CNSNews.com) – New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg used a commencement speech to push his gun-control agenda, telling graduates of Kenyon College in Ohio that gun control is “something you really should think about.”
    Bloomberg, who co-chairs Mayors Against Illegal Guns, spent at least $14 million in support of legislation that would have required universal background checks for all gun-buyers. Although the bill died in the Senate on April 17, Bloomberg said the battle isn't over.

video at link below

“I believe we will win, sooner or later, because I believe that all of you, your generation more than any other at least since the 1960s, is reshaping society in fundamental ways by making your values known and your voices heard.”

Bloomberg said Congress's failure to pass the gun control bill was "Washington at its worst -- the worst thing that it's ever done."

"We'd not be fighting for change, I'd not be fighting for change and you would not be fighting for change if we didn't believe we could win.”
    Bloomberg's theme was "courage," something too many members of Congress lacked in the gun control debate, he said.

“Have the courage to think for yourself and to believe in your ideas. That kind of courage lies at the heart of human invention and progress, and the lack of it lies at the heart of our political problems today,” he told the graduates.

Bloomberg listed various mass shootings from Pittsburgh to Portland. “And after each one, those in Washington just shrugged,” he said.

“Then Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut -- 20 children, six faculty members, all gunned down,” Bloomberg continued. “As a parent I can tell you it is just unthinkable if it happened to one of your children. After Newtown, President Obama and some congressional leaders finally, finally stood up and said something has to be done.”

“I did everything I could to support them and to push Congress to act, but our efforts so far have not been enough to pass a piece of legislation requiring background checks for all gun purchases, that 90 percent of Americans agree with, including more than 80 percent of gun owners,” he said.

“Why? Why do I tell you this?” Bloomberg asked. “Number one, this is one of the great tragedies happening in America and two, because I believe it comes down to one word, and that word is courage.”

“Too many members of Congress did not have the courage to stand up to the increasing extremist views of the NRA's Washington lobbyists,” he said. “Many of them feared that voting for a common sense
    policy that would lead to someone challenging them in a primary, or hurt their chances to win a party's nomination to higher office is too big a price to pay for saving 30-odd thousand lives a year.”

Bloomberg spent the better part of his 15 minute address on gun control, telling the graduates that since they were freshmen four years ago, more than 40,000 American people have been murdered with guns.
    "That's nearly as many Americans we lost in combat in the entire Vietnam War,” he said.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...-extremist-nra

Too many members of Congress did not have the courage to stand up to the increasing extremist views of the NRA's Washington lobbyists,

Anytime someone doesn't agree with the government they are called extremist, Could this same word be applied to our government and politicians?

noun- According to online dictionary-http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fanatical

One who advocates or resorts to measures beyond the norm, especially in politics.

noun- (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a person who favours or resorts to immoderate, uncompromising, or fanatical methods or behaviour, esp in being politically radical

adj- (Psychology) of, relating to, or characterized by immoderate or excessive actions, opinions, etc.extremism

One might also apply this word to most of our politicians and president, or our current government -Extremist government, Extremist politician pushing their own opinions, with no thought or care to the people that will be effected, or how it will effect the future generations. Their only concern is current satisfactions and today's popular needs that suite them now. With the immigration issue; fanatical methods; (fanatical - marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea) Sort of like the politician pushing the immigration bill, while American workers are still without jobs and will add trillions of debt to our already massive national debt should be considered fanatics. The excessive use of executive orders being signed could be considered uncompromising or considered extreme. So should our government and current president be considered Extremist?

Quote Originally Posted by kathyet View Post

A wake yet this need to be stopped spread the word....This traitor "Presidiente'" want to give our sovereignty over the the UN....

http://nagr.org/2013/un-gun-ban-june.aspx?pid=fb4
    Kathyet
    yes some American are still out of work .& some company close down . I know many company in Pa close
    & the only one that do have our job is the Illegal Immigrants & china . I saw this out Pittson Pa
    only 5 american have jobs , the rest are china & Mexico & some came in by van from nj .
    No amnesty Or dream act Or DR LIC

they say the unemployment has dropped, only because it has ran out. People are still unemployed. They also say that people have give up looking, well when there is no one hiring American taxpayer, they would rather hire illegals or immigrants than put us back to work.
    The same thing is happening here and all across the country. We see it and live with it everyday.
    The politicians live in their own little world and have no clue what is really going on.