Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Evidence of self deportation underway?

[quote]Comment by hllnwlz
    2007-09-10 16:25:31
    Maybe OT, but let me know what you think. I’m a high school English teacher in OC. Some very interesting things are afoot in Anaheim public schools.

The AP in charge of scheduling says our freshmen enrollment is down 100 kids, about 5% off normal. We’ve been reading about decreasing enrollment coming through the elementary schools, but didn’t expect it to hit us so quickly.

In five classes, I SHOULD have 100-110 kids.

I have 71. Any of you familiar with OC public schools knows how low that number is.

Also, I’ve got many, many more white and asian students than ever before. I *think* what’s happening is that many of those families have downsized into our lower-middle class neighborhood.

On top of that, the recently immigrated Mexican kids seem to have *poof* vanished. (Note: I have no knowledge of their status, illegal or legal.) ALL my students, for the first time in my career, have insisted that I eschew their given names and use an anglicized version (e.g. Mary for Maricruz, Judy for Yuridia, Tommy for Tomas, etc.) instead. No one is speaking Spanish inside or outside the classroom.

This leads me to believe either (a) all the enforcement ICE has been doing is scaring the crap out of the (legal and illegal) immigrant community and/or b) people are ditching Cali for greener pastures.

My money’s on b.

Also…

My dad, a roofing contractor in the OC, says there is zero work for anybody but the most skilled low-wage labor in the county; day labor waiting areas are virtually deserted. The average contractor’s crew has decreased radically .

Per my father, there is NO high end work happening in Newport, Laguna, Corona Del Mar, Irvine, Shady Canyon, etc. This weekend he told me, “People aren’t willing to do anything to their houses. They’re afraid to put any money into them, knowing they’re hanging onto a depreciating asset.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Some are not leaving the U.S.

They are just coming here to Texas. Our governor loves having them here!
    We the People. You the Invader

School systems use enrollment numbers to determine how many teachers they need. This year's enrollment in Gwinnett is about 2 percent less than what the district projected. As a result, county staffing directors are trying to find a place for the system's nearly 11,000 teachers
    Could it be less taxes to follow, or am I just dreaming?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm waiting for the schools' October count here - any real deviation from what they were expecting will be front page news. They've had to build schools like crazy around here, and lots of housing construction (low end) too. If this trend it real, it will hit us big.

But of course, the overbuilding of our economy was due in large part to the presence of a near infinite pool of cheap labor. Adjustments will have to be made to get us back to where we should be.

As bad as the housing market is and the sub-prime credit disaster, it is helping us to rid ourselves of the illegals one or two at a time or hopefully whole families at at time?

The longer it lasts, the more pressure there will be on them once they are fired from their construction/ factory jobs and seek new employment opportunities elsewhere. They will have to turn to stealing jobs from each other as the opportunities dwindle, which is very ironic.

The longer we can hold out, the better, for Americans. All signs point to hope for legal citizens as our economy tightens the thumb screws down on them. Let the bottom feeding begin!
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

I think they are coming to New Haven, I know spill off is in our town.....

After all DeStefano welcomes with open arms and and ID to boot!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Well BetsyRoss, it would seem something is happening. I do firmly believe that they are getting the hint that they are no longer being tolerated and/or accomodated.

My nine year old daughter has convinced us to let her try out fourth grade in the public school. We are highly hesitant, but will give it a try for this year. So when I go to the school I will give things a look around and see how it all looks. Another issue which we have run into before was the level of BS that the illegals kids give and never get punished for, and the American kids did, maybe her being there will give me a chance to be able to make some observations of how the schools are handling these kids and those situations.

Watch out public schools, here comes an ALIPAC mama, geared up to make some waves.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think definately relocating as apposed to self deporting. There are probably allot more just moving around till they find another community that they can blend in and find work. Sanctuary citys will probably see a steady growth in the # of illegals until they either notice the associated problems or the local politics becomes "ciminalized" and the "latino vote" has a heavy hand in furthering the decay of those citys. I have seen this in several smaller towns in Texas. The town just decays and goes to crap. I would use the term "infested" because that is generally what it is. Overcrowded small towns with a large crime rate and a racial feel to them for anyone non latino.

I have been watching and reading lately of all the people either leaving or wanting to leave California. If you think about it, it seams like the illegals are winning there. The more good folks that move to keep their familys safe, the further the scales tip in their favor. At what point will LA just be concidered a part of Mexico? At what point will the city just fail to function without massive government aid? Will we just keep giving ? Keep moving? Keep readjusting to a lower quality of life??

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    I'm waiting for the schools' October count here - any real deviation from what they were expecting will be front page news. They've had to build schools like crazy around here, and lots of housing construction (low end) too. If this trend it real, it will hit us big.

But of course, the overbuilding of our economy was due in large part to the presence of a near infinite pool of cheap labor. Adjustments will have to be made to get us back to where we should be.
    Right and well need to make sure that congress doesnt just increase legal immigration to fill these empty houses. I dont care if builders go bankrupt, we shouldnt let our government help our economy by hurting our country as a whole.

Ive long thought that the federal gov't was hoping to solve the social security problem through population growth rather than real reform. Of course real reform requires policians to do work and make choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    School systems use enrollment numbers to determine how many teachers they need. This year's enrollment in Gwinnett is about 2 percent less than what the district projected. As a result, county staffing directors are trying to find a place for the system's nearly 11,000 teachers
    Could it be less taxes to follow, or am I just dreaming?
    Two nearby Alabama counties held referendums last month to vote on a raise in property taxes to offset the increased enrollment in the schools. Both were overwhelmingly defeated - about 75% to 25%. Both of the counties have had a reputation for responding any time the schools asked for money. One of them passed a similar increase about 10 years ago and built a state of the art high school with a campus that would rival any college.

American citizens are sending the message that they've had enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast