Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ex New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson’s Insane Open Borders View

I read last week on Vdare.com that Ex New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson is being presented as a new force in the Tea Party movement - Ron Paul supporters attempt to challenge mainstream Conservatives.

Gary Johnson is presented as a principled Libertarian who's most controversial positions in the past were supposedly his move to legalize/decriminalize pot smoking.

But, Johnson's insane/treasonous open borders immigration views are the real scandal - and these idiot/treasonous views on immigration are frankly what makes virtually all Libertarians useless.

Here are some quotes from a 2000 Playboy Magazine interview:

PLAYBOY: Would you open the borders and make it easier to immigrate legally?

JOHNSON: My vision of the border with Mexico is that a truck from the United States going into Mexico and a truck coming from Mexico into the United States will pass each other at the border going 60 miles an hour. Yes, we should have open borders. It will help enormously with the drug issue, too, by the way. One of the huge raps on Mexico is that it is a drug supplier, that it’s the drug corridor. But there wouldn’t be drugs coming in illegally from Mexico if there weren’t the demand in the United States. We have a militarized border with Mexico, and it’s a shame. It doesn’t work very well, either. Mexican mules get paid a king’s ransom to carry marijuana or cocaine across the border, but they are just mules. If they get caught, they’re the ones who get locked up, not the drug lords. One out of eight gets caught. Whoever’s paying them south of the border knows that equation and understands the risk.

PLAYBOY: In California, there was a backlash against illegal immigrants. Voters passed a proposition that would have denied them medical and other services.

JOHNSON: It wouldn’t be a problem if they were legal, so the process to make them legal should be easier. (From an interview given to Playboy Magazine in 2000)

He could not possibly have actually thought it through. He was know for his strict opposition to budget expansion and unlimited immigration is an unfunded mandate.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is clear to me that he is smoking that pot on the truck from Mexico.

What I can't understand is why these people are not vetted by the Tea Party people. How do they get hired, and who makes the decision to have Sarah Palin speak on their behalf? There appears to be no structure or discipline on leadership roles. They better get their act together because I personally will no longer support or even attend a tea party function that worships the very people who betrayed our country thereby assisting the rise to power of our present administration.