Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Face It: Republicans Want Amnesty

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Face It: Republicans Want Amnesty

Rush Limbaugh

The election was the only way people in this country have of saying "stop." Well, the people they elected to stop it, at least in the case of amnesty, don't want to stop it. But they can't come out and say that.

RUSH: The election results are clear. The voters don't want any more of what Obama is promising, implementing or offering. They don't want any more of it.

Face It: Republicans Want Amnesty

December 03, 2014

Windows Media

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: Since I have explained all this logically -- and the end result of explaining this logically is to illustrate the on-the-surface illogic of all of these people afraid of the government shutdown. It simply is illogical. Everybody bleating about, "No, no! No, no! Ohhhh, no! Shut down the government? Oh, my God! Shut down the government? We're gonna get blamed. We're gonna get creamed! No! No!" They don't really mean that. Here's what it all means.
    They may mean that, but when you strip all this away, what it really means is -- and batten down the hatches here. It means that the vast majority of the membership of the Republican establishment and their donors want amnesty. That's what all this means. You've gotta cut through the noise here, which is one of the things I always try to do, not get distracted, 'cause all of this talk about a government shutdown is a sideshow. These people are smart enough to know.
    Hell, if I can figure it out, they can.

"A government shutdown is so devastating that we can't recover! Oh, my God," and we only won a landslide election? What this is about is the establishment concocting an excuse where they don't have to stop Obama because they don't want to, folks. That's the only logical interpretation for all of this. The election results are clear. The voters don't want any more of what Obama is promising, implementing or offering. They don't want any more of it.
    The election was the only way people in this country have of saying "stop." Well, the people they elected to stop it, at least in the case of amnesty, don't want to stop it. But they can't come out and say that. They can't come, after all of this, and act like they are as eager for amnesty as Obama, but they are. We know it to be true. We know the Republican establishment, we know the Chamber of Commerce, we know that many of the donors want amnesty.
    They want all of these low-skilled and low-educated workers because they're low-wage. They've not even denied this, in recent months/years. So what this is really all about is it's just easier for these people to hide behind the dangers of a government shutdown as the excuse for not stopping Obama. That's all this really is, because they're not this shortsighted.
    They don't really think we can't shut down the government and stop Obama because of a poll in the Washington Post about being blamed for a shutdown. It's that they don't want to. The polling data is a convenient excuse. "Hey, look, if we do it we're gonna get creamed! We just won, and you want us to throw away this victory by ticking off the people who just elected us?" It's a sideshow excuse. That's what it is. Face it.
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: Yeah, yeah, I know, I really did. I meant to get a phone call in the last hour, but look, it was important to make the point that I made in the final closing segment of the previous busy broadcast hour. There is no logical explanation for all of this so-called Republican fear over how bad they're gonna get beat up if they get blamed for shutting down the government. All that is -- and I think it's time to cut to the chase here. They're hiding behind that because the more obvious conclusion is we know it's true in the case of Republican donors, Chamber of Commerce, and affiliates, they are in favor of amnesty.
    Look at Romney. Romney is a Republican establishment member, and he came out and said Obama didn't go far enough. You might have missed this, but Mitt Romney said that Republicans need to swallow hard and go all-in for amnesty, not just five million, but for all of them. So the Republican Party, the establishment position is that they're in favor of amnesty, but they can't come out and say that. They just won an election. They just won a landslide election, and the intention of the people that voted for 'em was to stop this. Well, the Republican establishment apparently doesn't want to.

So I think they're hiding behind this shutdown talk, because this is so silly, A, it's not a government shutdown. B, nobody remembers last year other than the World War II vets which the Democrats got blamed for. The government kept running. The functions that people associate with government, i.e., Social Security and Medicare and all that, kept happening. And the Republicans won a landslide election after supposedly getting creamed in the polling data last year for their government shutdown. So here we are back on the exact same page in the exact same place, exact same table, and forces are repeating themselves?
    The Republicans, the only difference is they won a landslide election. I mean, the Democrats just lost a landslide election, and yet the Republicans are saying, "We can't shut down the government, no, no, because that would make the people that just voted for us, they would hate us." No, no. That's what they elected you to do. They didn't elect you to shut down the government. They elected you to stop the Democrats. They don't want any more of this quest for utopia. They elected the Republicans to stop this. Well, when it comes to amnesty, the Republicans don't really want to stop it, so they're hiding behind this government shutdown business.
    If anything would really make you mad after electing them in a landslide, it would be for them to come out and publicly support Obama on amnesty. So what they're doing instead is making it look like their hands are tied, they can't stop him. "Oh, my God, if we shut down the government, oh, my God, they're gonna hate us." So they want you to believe their poor hands are tied and they just are paralyzed. "They can't do anything, damn it, Obama got 'em again. But you wait 'til next year when we finally run everything, and then we'll show 'em." And that's the message.
    It's the same thing on the budget. The Republicans today, in this lame duck, are all for letting Harry Reid and Obama write a budget that would complete the fiscal year. We've been running on continuing resolutions up 'til now. And the logical thing is, do a continuing resolution again for a couple of months here and then when the Republicans take over the Senate along with the House, then go in and kick ass and then do the budget for the remainder of the fiscal year.
    But they're not doing that. They're gonna let the Democrats dictate the terms of a budget that'll run through September 30th of next year, and they're saying the same thing. "Well, no, what we gotta do here, see, if we do this, if we shut down the government over this, why, people that just elected us are gonna be mad as hell and we're gonna blow every ounce of goodwill we got, so what we gotta do, we just gotta be smart. We have to go ahead and just give them a budget through next September and then next year when we start the budget process in February, that's when we kick ass for fiscal 2016." And that's what they're doing.
    It's actually a policy or a strategy, for whatever reason. In the case of amnesty, I think it's because they want it, they support it. The budget, I don't know what it is, but they want you to believe that their hands are tied, that if they do anything before next January, that they're gonna squander all the goodwill they got in the election. So they want you to feel sorry for 'em and understand their hands are tied, they really can't do anything. You just gotta be patient and wait until January, and then that's when we're gonna kick butt. Yeah, yeah, yeah, boy, man, that's what we can't wait for. And for whatever reasons they're hiding behind all that so that they don't engage. Okay, so that's that. One humble little radio guy's opinion.
    END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...s_want_amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Most of what is said here by Rush has been the truth since November of 1986 when that acting President signed THE amnesty.

The GOP is making a huge mistake the base won the election this year but it will turn on them in 2016.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    the firings will continue in 2016/2018/2020
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    The GOP is making a huge mistake the base won the election this year but it will turn on them in 2016.
    It is quite obvious that we cannot elect a republican President to go along with his Congress. If we do, we lose!

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7 View Post
    the firings will continue in 2016/2018/2020
    How much damage to the nation will be caused by giving them 6 years. That is why I voted against them this year to begin that prevention of additional damage. At my age I do not know that I can count on 6 years, I may seek alternatives!