Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Facebook Suppression of Freedom warning issued now!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    It's probably just an empty threat meant to scare the people posting misinformation.
    If law enforcement could arrest people for posting "misinformation" on the internet most internet users would already be locked up. Just look back at the stuff posted during the election.
    Empty threat or not, I do not appreciate any sworn officer of the law speaking in a way that would menace the Bill of Rights.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Another "privacy" policy change geared to make money for Facebook.

Facebook testing 'pay to message' feature

Published December 20, 2012
    AllThingsD

Want to send me a Facebook message? But you’re not my Facebook friend? Pay up.

The social network is overhauling its in-house messaging system with a new set of filters that it says will help users reach out and poke each other more effectively. Part of the overhaul: A test that will allow some users to ping people they’re not friends with, if they’re willing to spend a dollar.

Facebook says the changes are primarily designed to let Facebook users who already know each other make sure their missives connect. But the most interesting part of the move is what the social network is calling a “a small experiment to test the usefulness of economic signals.”

Here’s how it will work: A limited number of U.S. Facebook users will now have the ability to pay Facebook a fee to send a message other U.S. Facebook users who they don’t know. Facebook isn’t spelling out the cost publicly, but people familiar with the company’s plans say it will start at a dollar a message, and will tinker with the fee over time. The option will only be available to individual users — not marketers and brands — and Facebook will only allow users to receive a single paid message per week. But users can’t opt not to receive paid messages.

Here’s Facebook’s rationale for the move:

This test is designed to address situations where neither social nor algorithmic signals are sufficient. For example, if you want to send a message to someone you heard speak at an event but are not friends with, or if you want to message someone about a job opportunity, you can use this feature to reach their Inbox. For the receiver, this test allows them to hear from people who have an important message to send them.

Glass half-empty translation: Facebook is selling access to your inbox, which you previously could have kept closed to anyone you don’t know, to the outside world.

Glass half-full version: Maybe you do want to hear from those people! And the one-message-a-week cap, combined with the $1 fee, will prevent your inbox from filling up with spam.
    For more on Facebook's change to e-mail policy, see AllThingsD.com.

Read more: Facebook testing 'pay to message' feature | Fox News
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Another "privacy" policy change geared to make money for Facebook.

Facebook testing 'pay to message' feature
    Facebook is a business
    and the purpose of any business is to make money for the people who own it.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Facebook is a business
    and the purpose of any business is to make money for the people who own it.
    I am reminded of the old cowboy quote "There were a lot things they didn't tell me when I hired on with this outfit". First the information was to be private, now that they have it, they are selling it for a profit. To me it smacks of bait and switch.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No one is forced to use facebook.
    Anyone who does if free to quit at any time. As I did a long time ago.
    NO AMNESTY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12