Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhino
    No websites are illegal to the veiwer
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Bootsie: I was warned about this last week. Rest assured if the FBI wanted to talk to they wouldn't be sending an e-mail. They would be knocking on your door.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Bootsie thanks for posting this. I've received two or three email from the FBI but the virus blocker on my email deletes them automatically & just lets me know they've been deleted.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is a mass mailing of the W32.Sober.X@mm!zip virus, they come with different subject lines making them look official, for instance some from the FBI, or your conformation number, your registration number, so on.
    It has been reported on the radio and TV. I have been getting one almost every day but Norton's anti virus catches them and I delete them. If opened they go through your address book and send one to every one listed. That is why so many are getting them. I haven't got one from the FBI yet. I update my virus definitions every day before I open my mail now. It is getting tiresome.

Darlene, that's the virus that's being deleted before I ever get the email. I just get a message they've been deleted. They're coming from all over but all have the date/time GMT which I thought was unusual.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Every one I talked to has been getting them, I never had so many sent all in a row. Norton's does delete the virus before it lets it trough, then I put it in my "block messages from this sender list" and they are all from someone different, then I delete it. I remember when the virus warning used to come up I would panic and delete at least four letters all at once. Never reading who is sending it, just getting rid of it. Now I take my time and look it over, see who it is from, check out what virus it is. I guess I am getting to be a old hand at this. I have my mail set up in the larger pane and they will not open up unless you click on them, the default setting when I got the computer opened them in a few seconds. I read somewhere how to change that and I did but can't remember how. I never open anything if it looks suspicious. It's bad enough that I can't get SP1 or SP2. SP1 broke my computer and I did a System Restore and never touched either one again. Needless to say I can't get any Microsoft security patches anymore, so I am bound to get something one of these days through their crappy browser. I hate Microsoft, I hate Bill Gates, I think I am in a bad mood.

I get them by the dozens every day. I just figured I get them because I join so many political forums. It is for sure that our addresses aren't exactly safe out here in cyberspace. My husband never gets any. My sister never gets any. But their surfing is limited to tools, cars and craft sites.

I also get e-mails supposedly bounced from servers I didn't send any mail out to. Fortunately, they go in my junk box but I figure it's only a matter of time before someone figures out how to get them into the real mailbox.

I, too, wonder what makes people want to mess with others all the time but apparently there is some thrill to it for the people who do it. From time to time, someone will come out and say that the people inventing the viruses are the people who invented the virusware. I wouldn't doubt that to some extent.

I don't think mine come from the immigration forums, in fact I know they don't. They come from all the people that forward you the jokes and you are my best friend letters. All of the names on there with yours go into your address book, take a look at it some time. It becomes like a giant pyramid. Soon you are in all of your friends, friends address books.

tms

I received tons of those in one of my e-mail addresses, the file size is always 75kb. There were some other ones too with the file size 75kb. I was getting up to 20 a day with this virus then it stopped.

The other e-mail address I have is only used for trusted friends and relatives. I sitll get a few jokes. It doesn't get any junk e-mail or anything like that. That is why I have more than one e-mail address. The other one is for putting on websites, forums and e-mail lists and newsletters. This one I get 20-30 junk e-mail a day or more. Lot's of companies have a database of your e-mail address, access it when you visit their website and even sell this list to spammers etc. Watch out when you register or fill out a form on the net!
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

LOVE your avatar, tms. HE is ADORABLE!!!

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one getting these emails. Fortunately, my ISP provides a really good filter so these have not even gotten far enough to have my virus program catch them.

Speaking of Norton, about 10 months ago, I noticed that, EVERY TIME I ran my weekly scan, Norton was finding viruses. I thought this was VERY strange so I went into Virus reports and started plowing through all of the reports. It was then that I noticed that THE ONLY TIME Norton was finding viruses was when I ran the scan. It was NOT CATCHING them as they came through. Then, my brother just happened to mention that his Norton was finding a BUNCH of viruses every week when he ran his scan so he had his computer person go through his computer and he recommended that he change to a new virus program called Trend Micro. I had just renewed my Norton a month or so before and I was FINALLY able to get a person at Symantec and told them what had happened and told them I wanted them to cancel my service and send me a refund. They did so without an argument. I then warned several of my friends about the problem but, 2 weeks ago, my best friend called and said her computer had crashed. I asked if she had checked her Norton to see if there were any viruses because what she described sounded like a virus caused the crash. So, she goes in and checks and it had not even RUN A SCAN IN SIX WEEKS since she had renewed her Norton. She had to wipe everything off her computer and start from scratch. She contacted Norton and they refunded her money too. So, any of you who use Norton might want to go into the Virus Report section and see if you are having any of the problems like I've listed.

Darlene--back when they first came out with the SP1, I downloaded it and it also messed up some things on my computer. I was IRATE. When I called Dell tech support about the problems I was having, they asked me if I had recently downloaded SP1 and I told them I had. He told me that that was likely the cause of the problems I was having so I removed that sucker. BUT, since then, I had bought a new computer and it CAME with SP1 on it and it's been fine. What concerns me is that, every time I go to Microsoft to download the security things, they want me to download SP2 and I REFUSE. I download the rest of the security updates but I am NOT going to do that SP2! BUT, I would be willing to bet that it won't be long before you won't be able to get the updates for the SP1.

I HATE BILL GATES TOO!! Microsoft is just a monopoly and they can get away with just about ANYTHING.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast