Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Family followed law when coming to U.S.

From our newspaper this morning
    http://www.sun-herald.com/NewsArchive2/ ... ry=op9.htm

Family followed law when coming to U.S.

Editor:

Dear Mr. President: What don't you understand about the term "illegal?" If you give all the illegal aliens citizenship without doing it the legal way, you are not only giving them a free ride, you would be making a mockery of your own country's immigration laws.

Many years ago, when we were asked to come to this country -- and my husband had a job waiting for him -- we were investigated (going back several generations) to verify we had never been affiliated with any undesirable organization (think Homeland Security), and this was weeks before we arrived in the U.S.A.

Once here, we registered as aliens every year for five years before being allowed to apply for citizenship. I am sure there are thousands of others who, like us, are madder than you-know-what at the thought of illegals being given a free ride, but sadly I don't hear them.

To all those who came here the wrong way, I say good luck if you want to do hard, dirty work to earn a living, but do it the way we had to. If any of you think about demonstrating again, what would you think if you saw coming toward you a huge counter-demonstration of people who did it the right way, who have the right to be as mad as I am.

Mr. President, we didn't ask for a hand-out, we did it the right way, and on our own merits. Are you listening, Mr. President?

The Legal way is the Right way. But this and most other letters and statement to Our President, Our Senators and Our Congressman will not be falling on deaf ears but on Politicians that just dont CARE. They are the Sellouts and seem happy to continue down their road of selling Out Our country.
    Your Rights END where MY Rights Begin. You have NO Rights if You Are ILLEGAL.