Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Famous Republican 'to be booted by January' Warning for GOP leader: Your days are num

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Famous Republican 'to be booted by January' Warning for GOP leader: Your days are num

Famous Republican 'to be booted by January'

This political giant is perhaps the most-famous name in the Republican Party right now.

But GOP insiders say this lightning rod of controversy could very likely get the boot by January ...
    WND EXCLUSIVE

Famous Republican 'to be booted by January'

Warning for GOP leader: Your days are numbered

Published: 1 hour ago
    Garth Kant

U.S. Speaker of the House John Boehner, R-Ohio

WASHINGTON – One of the tea-party leaders in Congress believes the days of Rep. John Boehner, R-Ohio, as speaker of the House of Representatives are numbered.

Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas

Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, told WND he predicts Boehner will no longer be speaker “by next January,” regardless of the outcome of the midterm election in November.

The Texan doesn’t think it will take a coup to remove Boehner, believing the tide is already moving in that direction, and saying, “I think people are ready for a change.”

And Gohmert would see that as a change for the better, because, he says, “We’ve got to have someone who is smart enough to realize” it was (Sen. Majority Leader) Harry Reid (D-Nev.) who shut down the government, not the GOP.

In addition to predicting the downfall of Boehner as speaker, Gohmert also told WND:

• He believes the majority of GOP voters have tea-party values

• He approves of GOP primary challenges to establishment incumbents by conservatives

• He suspects the establishment GOP is at war with the tea party because of “fear”

• He feels it is realistic to believe a tea-party candidate could win the presidency

The issue of GOP leadership is a timely one because Gohmert just announced he has formed a political action committee, or PAC, called GOHconservative.

The congressman told WND it was necessary to raise funds to protect conservatives from a “war on the tea party” waged by Karl Rove and other establishment Republicans.

Karl Rove

“Someone asked me why I am going on the attack. I said, ‘You don’t understand, setting up this PAC isn’t an attack; it’s a defense against those who want to attack tea-party candidates.’ I want to raise money to help conservatives. And to show them we can raise money and we will help.”

As Gohmert sees it, GOP leaders have stopped listening to the base of the party, which he believes is represented by tea-party groups.

He acknowledged that Rove had retracted a statement that he was at war with the tea party, but observed, “There just too many people who feel like the tea party is a threat instead of recognizing it like they should, as a God-send. Instead of being afraid of the tea party, I think they ought to embrace it.”

Gohmert said he believed tea-party conservatives represent the majority of Republican voters and described it as self-defeating for Republicans to alienate them. In fact, he suspected most taxpayers, including even Democrats and Independents, identify with tea-party ideals, based on polls he has seen.

So, why would the GOP leaders go to war with a faction that represents the majority in their party, and perhaps a majority of all taxpayers?

“I guess that’s a fear of something one doesn’t understand, because this is a group that, clearly, got us the majority in the House in 2010,” he said. “And they’re rising up and getting active for us.”

An estimated one million people attend 2009 tea-party protest in Washington, D.C.

Gohmert described tea parties as the GOP’s natural constituency, taxpayers who are tired of seeing government waste and abuse.

“So, there shouldn’t be a fear of the tea party, there should be a fear of alienating the tea party,” he said.

The lawmaker predicted that if the GOP disenfranchises tea-party voters, they will stay home on Election Day.

“Look at 2012,” he said. “You had millions and millions of Americans who were so turned off by an extremely nice, but moderate (GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney) that the Republican establishment put up for us.”

Soft-spoken but adamant, Gohmert insisted, “It should be pretty clear by now” that what he called “a very nice moderate like Bob Dole, or a moderate but good man with the Hanoi Hilton in his background, like John McCain, or an extremely nice moderate like Mitt Romney, are not the answer to getting voters out and taking the senate majority back.”

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

He warned, “I hope they’ll wake up before they ruin the chance of taking the Senate this year.”

Does he think a tea-party candidate could win the presidency?

“I think one could,” he said. “But, it would be difficult if the Republican establishment is fighting him or her, as hard as they have been fighting against rank-and-file tea-party folks. Look, we’ve given moderates a chance over and over, and they are not winning.”

Gohmert said moderates keep insisting the GOP needs someone “who reaches out to the other side, who will compromise on his own principles, like John McCain. Well, you got him and he got obliterated in the election.”

The Texan said, instead, the GOP needs somebody who has a track record of doing what he or she says, and that’s basically what the tea party wants.

Does he think tea-party voters should support conservatives who challenge GOP incumbents in “safe seats,” even if, as some critics claim, that could hurt Republican chances of retaking the Senate?

“I think it’s a good thing when there’s competition,” he said.

He even implied that retaking the Senate may mean very little if leadership does not change.

“Our country is in enough trouble,” Gohmert said. “We just passed a trillion-dollar debt ceiling increase without any fixing of anything, and that was led by establishment Republicans. So, if we’re going to save this place, we’re going to have to have people who are men and women of conscience, who are not afraid to stand up (for what they believe) before we lose this country entirely.”

Tea party rally

“I think if somebody’s not doing their job, they’re not keeping their promises, and we’ve got to have people who will do that,” he added.

Gohmert feels GOP leadership is making a key mistake by listening to insiders like Rove more than tea-party voters, and he cited last autumn’s government shutdown as an example.

The Texan was encouraged when Boehner initially supported the effort of conservatives to defund Obamacare in September as part of an attempt by Republicans to broker a deal with Democrats to keep the federal government funded.

But, after the battle was lost, the congressman was particularly disappointed when Boehner went on “The Tonight Show,” called the government shutdown a disaster and blamed conservatives, even though, Gohmert said, they tried “compromise after compromise.”

The congressman took exception when Boehner said he knew it would be a disaster to shut down the government, “but he decided to go along because that’s what people wanted.”

“I thought he had an actual change of heart,” said the congressman, but, he added, “He just wanted to stay in his leadership position.”

Should House conservatives try to replace Boehner as speaker?

“I’ve already sought to do that,” he said. “I think we’ll have a new speaker next January. Hopefully, a Republican. I think we’ll have a new speaker because the tide is going in that direction. Because we have got to have someone who recognizes that when we compromise over and over, and when Harry Reid says, ‘It’s my way or a shutdown, no compromise, no negotiations,’ it is Reid who shutting down the government.”

That’s when Gohmert said, softly, “We’ve got to have someone who is smart enough to realize that, so I guess that will take a change in leadership.”

Follow Garth Kant on Twitter @DCgarth

Should John Boehner be ousted as House speaker?

• No need to. He'll be supplanted by a Democrat speaker soon enough
    • No, he's doing a lovely job of destroying the Republican Party
    • No, the Republicans can't afford to allow their infighting to become that crippling
    • No, he's doing as good a job under the circumstances as could be expected
    • No, I want the Republican establishment to tank as soon as possible
    • Perhaps a fresh face would allow the GOP to put a fresh face on its message
    • Yes, he's just been too ineffective countering Harry Reid
    • Yes, he's largely to blame for the GOP's struggles
    • Yes, he's the definition of a RINO, a Republican in name only
    • Yes, his kowtowing to the establishment and failure to capitalize on the tea party has been a colossal blunder
    • Yes, he just doesn't represent the grassroots Republicans in America
    • Yes, time for a REAL American in that position
    • I don't know
    • Other

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Should John Boehner be ousted as House speaker?

• Yes, his kowtowing to the establishment and failure to capitalize on the tea party has been a colossal blunder (36%, 54 Votes)
    • Yes, he just doesn't represent the grassroots Republicans in America (21%, 31 Votes)
    • Yes, time for a REAL American in that position (20%, 30 Votes)
    • Yes, he's the definition of a RINO, a Republican in name only (8%, 12 Votes)
    • Yes, he's just been too ineffective countering Harry Reid (7%, 10 Votes)
    • Yes, he's largely to blame for the GOP's struggles (5%, 7 Votes)
    • Perhaps a fresh face would allow the GOP to put a fresh face on its message (1%, 2 Votes)
    • No, he's doing as good a job under the circumstances as could be expected (less than 1%, 1 Votes)
    • No, the Republicans can't afford to allow their infighting to become that crippling (less than 1%, 1 Votes)
    • I don't know (0%, 0 Votes)
    • No need to. He'll be supplanted by a Democrat speaker soon enough (0%, 0 Votes)
    • No, I want the Republican establishment to tank as soon as possible (0%, 0 Votes)
    • No, he's doing a lovely job of destroying the Republican Party (0%, 0 Votes)
    • Other (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 148

Vote

http://www.wnd.com/2014/02/famous-re...ed-by-january/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Speaker Boehner on Borrowed Time Says Rep Louis Gohmert

Posted on 24 February, 2014 by Rick Wells

The rumblings are getting a little louder and more direct regarding the longevity of House Speaker John Boehner’s tenure in that position. One of those raising questions is Texas Representative Louis Gohmert.

Rep. Gohmert is a Tea Party favorite and no-nonsense supporter of smaller government, the rule of law and the Constitution. He also believes Representatives should be counted and stand with their constituents. On that score, Boehner gets low marks.

Congressman Gohmert predicted in an interview with WND that Speaker Boehner will no longer be speaker “by next January,” regardless of the outcome of midterm elections.

He doesn’t believe the leadership change will be the result of a coup. Acknowledging that support is heading in that direction, Gohmert says, “I think people are ready for a change.”

Gohmert and a lot of other believers in the Constitution would see that as a positive development.

He says, “We’ve got to have someone who is smart enough to realize” it was Harry Reid (D-Nev.) who shut down the government, not the Republicans.

Gohmert said of the current state of the GOP that:

• He feels that Tea Party values are held by a majority in the GOP
    • Primary Challenges to GOP establishment incumbents by true conservatives is a good thing
    • He believes the GOP establishment fears the principled Tea Party candidates
    • A Tea Party candidate could realistically win the presidency.

In regards to winning elections, Gohmert just formed a political action committee called GOH conservative.

He plans to be prepared to meet the Republican establishment assault of Karl Rove head-on by raising money to respond to an expected “war on the Tea Party.”

Gohmert said, “Someone asked me why I am going on the attack. I said, ‘You don’t understand, setting up this PAC isn’t an attack; it’s a defense against those who want to attack tea-party candidates.’ I want to raise money to help conservatives. And to show them we can raise money and we will help.”

Rep. Gohmert believes that the GOP has stopped listening to the base of the party, and moved too far toward the left in an effort to win elections at all costs. That hasn’t produced positive results and has probably been counter-productive, resulting in an unprincipled Democrat-lite rather than reflecting conservative, traditional GOP values.

While acknowledging that Rove had withdrawn a statement in which he stated he was at war with the Tea Party, he said, “There just too many people who feel like the tea party is a threat instead of recognizing it like they should, as a God-send. Instead of being afraid of the tea party, I think they ought to embrace it.”

He thinks the GOP leadership is responding to a perceived threat to their power saying, “I guess that’s a fear of something one doesn’t understand, because this is a group that, clearly, got us the majority in the House in 2010,” he said. “And they’re rising up and getting active for us.”

Clearly Rep Gohmert is standing on his principles.

Rick Wells is a conservative Constitutionalist author who contributes to conservative media outlets. “Like” him on Facebook and “Follow” him on Twitter.

http://gopthedailydose.com/2014/02/2...louis-gohmert/