Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I heard on the radio (Jeff Bolton - KLIF) this morning that the city’s attorneys have sent up a trial balloon asking the attorneys for the petitioners (the pro illegals) to agree not to file suit if a public vote is held in May. The petitioner’s attorneys responded that it is illegal for the city’s attorneys to make such an offer. The city’s attorneys have stated that this is not an offer but a discussion. The question is, will the city enforce the ordinance until the vote in May?

Has a restraining order or something been filed to stop them from doing so? I know in Hazleton the ACLU kept them from enforcing the law until a judge had made the final decision. I'm still curious to see if the secretary will validate the signatures. She only has a certain amount of time to do so and to turn them over to the city council. The plaintiffs are also upset about that saying there is no law about the secretary having to verify the signatures. I believe Norm from cheers would have said it best, "Lawyers, can't live with 'em, pass the beernuts."
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12