Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Added a bunch of new articles today to the first thread in the news forum, plus another couple of articles below.

Farmers Branch residents clash over illegal immigrant plan

Cities, states tackle illegal immigration on their own

Protesters denounce illegal immigration ordinance
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 0ee46.html

Letters: Suburb takes on immigration law

08:30 AM CDT on Thursday, August 24, 2006

It's not racist to enforce laws already on books ...

Re: "Residents clash over illegal immigrant plan – City's divisions brought to light at council work session – Farmers Branch: Backers cite quality of life; foes call measures racist," Tuesday Metro.

Protesters accuse the Farmers Branch City Council of racism for trying to make it harder for illegal aliens to live and work there. What's racist about that?

An illegal alien – whether from Mexico, China, Iraq or Germany – has chosen to break our laws by being here without going through channels and using fake documents to secure employment. There are federal laws barring employers hiring illegal aliens, with penalties.

It doesn't sound like Farmers Branch is being racist. It sounds like a city trying to obey and enforce federal laws already on the books.

Betty Burks, Duncanville

... and changes are based only on legal status

Have you noticed that when people can't stay on topic that they resort to name-calling? So it is with the immigration issue.

To stop spending taxpayer resources on foreigners who should not be here in the first place is common sense to reasonable people. What could be said against such policy? Nothing. So out comes the word that stops every argument in its tracks and makes politicians quiver: racism.

Now re-read the proposed Farmers Branch policy: Changes are based on legal status and nothing else, as it should be.

Margret Braun, Dallas

I hope my hometown sends message to D.C. ...

I am so glad to see Farmers Branch stand up and take action. I grew up there, and it saddens me to see what it has become. I am tired of hearing Spanish in the streets and trying to figure out if someone understands what I'm saying.

I am an American, I speak English and this is America! Let's all say a prayer that this helps Washington see that people at the local level are fed up.

Do your job up there and enforce the law!

Lib Grimmett, Carrollton

... and perhaps O'Hare is the man to carry it

Hooray for Farmers Branch City Council member Tim O'Hare. Finally, someone who will stand up and say what a mess our illegal alien policy is – and how it can be corrected in Farmers Branch.

The only thing he forgot to mention is that a single-family home is for a single family, not a hotel for six or seven families.

This man should run for legislative office in Washington. He has my vote.

Harry Thompson, Wolfe City
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

i don't think this protestor was there against the proposal. The Dallas morning news sucks at covering these issues.

It made the Washington Times tonight.

Texas city eyes alien crackdown

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 5b412.html

More letters for Monday

06:56 AM CDT on Monday, August 28, 2006

'Study up, Farmers Branch'

Learn this: Illegal activities don't benefit society

Re: "Study up, Farmers Branch," by Macarena Hernández, Friday Viewpoints.

Ms. Hernández accuses the Farmers Branch City Council of not doing its homework regarding illegal immigration, but it appears she is the one who needs tutoring.

She points out that illegal immigrants pay taxes in their rent checks and mortgages. What she doesn't mention is that there are often multiple families living in one household, significantly reducing the amount that would be paid by individual households. Any code enforcement officer will back up this statement.

Ms. Hernández also argues that illegal immigrants pay income taxes, based on using false Social Security numbers. However, the same Dallas Morning News article she uses to support this statement also reports that many immigrants use stolen Social Security numbers, names and birth dates. This is called identity theft, and it's illegal.

Maybe if Ms. Hernández did her homework, she would understand that illegal activity does not benefit society.

Now, where do I send money to help Farmers Branch fight LULAC's proposed lawsuit?

Alaina Ray, Plano

If you like, I can move in now and stay awhile

Macarena Hernández asserts that illegal aliens have "earned a place" in Farmers Branch. I guess that means if I break into her house, clean up a bit and do some gardening, I will have earned a place in her family.

See you in the morning, Ms. Hernández. I like my eggs scrambled.

Orlyn Bostelmann, Richardson

New article posted. Also check the other link I have above for more assorted articles that gets updated almost daily.

LULAC Shopping For Homes In Farmers Branch

More letters.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... d779c.html

07:05 AM CDT on Tuesday, August 29, 2006

FARMERS BRANCH AND BEYOND

I support immigration, just not the illegal kind

Re: "Latinos getting to work to pack polls," by Mercedes Olivera, Saturday Metro.

Ms. Olivera's column seems to imply that Latinos support illegal immigration. I happen to support immigration without numerical limits, but not illegal immigration.

Why do so many Latinos ignore that word? I don't care how expensive a head of lettuce gets, the law trumps economics.

If legal American Latinos support illegal immigration, then I must become an anti-American-Latino. Tell me it isn't so.

Dick Rochester, Plano

Racist? Maybe, so don't scapegoat all Hispanics

Re: "I guess I'm racist, too ...," by Wally Underwood, Saturday Letters.

It's so nice that a citizen of Rockwall would be so concerned with the economic and social problems of Farmers Branch.

Perhaps Mr. Underwood is racist, but let me point out that everything he mentioned – "enter this country legally, learn English, get an education, pay taxes and become Americans" – is exactly what most of these people would like to do. Unfortunately, our government has not made it possible for them to continue the process in a fair and consistent manner.

Both parties will spew rhetoric on this as we close in on November. Until then, suggest to the great citizens of Farmers Branch not to use this issue (and the Hispanic community) as a scapegoat for their inability to progress as a local form of government. Have them call their representatives.

Edward Esquivel, DeSoto

Breaking the law is not the way to earn a place

Re: "Study up, Farmers Branch – A council member blames illegal immigrants for his city's struggles, says Macarena Hernández, but the facts don't back him up," Friday Viewpoints.

Some facts for Ms. Hernandez:

People living in this country illegally are breaking the law. People working in this country illegally are breaking the law. People using fake or stolen Social Security numbers are breaking the law.

No matter how you spin it, one does not "earn a place" in a community by breaking its laws. And not holding illegals accountable to the same laws applied to citizens is, itself, racist.

D. Lawzi, Dallas

Racist? Darn right, and we'll fix these unjust laws

The recent attempt by Farmers Branch City Council member Tim O'Hare to force illegal aliens to obey the laws of the U.S. is certainly racist. My organization, Criminals R Us, pledges to overthrow some of these unjust laws.

Not only will we repeal the illegal immigration laws that prohibit freedom lovers from entering our country, but also the racist laws against murder, rape, robbery and assault. We have the backing of the ACLU, LULAC, Fidel Castro, Boris Yeltsin, Osama bin Laden, President Vicente Fox and other notable world leaders.

After we have achieved this goal, we will then attack churches and other illegal organizations. We hope The Dallas Morning News will support us in these endeavors.

Harold J. Gross, Waxahachie

Will post this community's activities on OJJPAC for other to read.

Just another community responding to the federal government's failure to meet its responsibility.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123