Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

father held on murder charge

I'm putting this here because there isn't any mention of the "legal status" of the people. However, the so-called financial straights mentioned shocked me considering he was driving a Cadillac Escalade!

4-year-old boy succumbs to injuries; father, who authorities said crashed SUV in suicide attempt, held on murder charge

By: JOHN HUNNEMAN -- Staff Writer

WILDOMAR ---- The young boy who was ejected from his father's SUV when the man crashed into another vehicle on Clinton Keith Road on Thursday in an apparent suicide attempt, has died from his injuries, officials said.

The boy, identified by a family friend as 4-year-old Javier Terrones Jr., died at Loma Linda Medical Center on Thursday after being airlifted to that hospital from Inland Valley Medical Center in Wildomar.

The father, Javier Terrones, 30, of Lake Elsinore, was booked Thursday night at Robert Presley Detention Center in Riverside on suspicion of murder, attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon other than a firearm and two counts of child endangerment.

He is being held in lieu of $1 million dollars bail, court records state, and is scheduled to be arraigned at 8 a.m. Monday at Southwest Justice Center.

Deputies from the Lake Elsinore sheriff's station went to a home in the 17000 block of Raley Avenue Thursday morning after receiving a call from a distraught woman who said her husband had threatened to kill the boy and their 10-year-old daughter as well as himself, because of marital problems, Detective Sgt. Evan Petersen said.

Terrones was driving the couple's burgundy Cadillac Escalade when he made the call to his wife, Petersen said.

Several minutes after that call the California Highway Patrol notified deputies the Escalade had been involved in a major traffic collision on Clinton Keith Road.

The Escalade, which had been reported by witnesses as going in excess of 100 mph south on Interstate 15, left the freeway near the Clinton Keith Road offramp and traveled up the side embankment. When it reached the bridge, the large SUV flew into the air and landed on top of a Ford Explorer Sports Trac that was westbound on the bridge.

The driver of the Ford was treated at Rancho Springs Medical Center in Murrieta for minor injuries and released.

Terrones and his two children were taken by ambulance to nearby Inland Valley Medical Center. The 10-year-old girl, whose name has not been released, was treated there and released.

Javier Terrones Sr. was transferred to Riverside County Regional Medical Center in Moreno Valley and treated for minor injures before he was arrested.

On Sunday, worshippers at the Aliento de Dios Church in Wildomar, which the family attends, will pray for the family and will be asked to provide assistance, the church's pastor said.

"They weren't set too well financially," the pastor, Peter Montalvo, said Friday. "They are going to need some help."

Donations will be accepted at the church, 25319 Bundy Canyon Road, or by mail at Breath of God Christian Outreach, 33039 Robert St., Wildomar, CA 92595.

Checks should note the donation is for "Javier Jr." on the memo line, Montalvo said.

The investigation is continuing and authorities ask that anyone with information contact Investigator Eddie Vargas at the Sheriff's Central Homicide Unit at (951) 955-2777 or Investigator Tina Woodard at the Lake Elsinore Sheriff's Station at (951) 245-3300.

Contact staff writer John Hunneman at (951) 676-4315, Ext. 2603 or hunneman@californian.com.
    http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/11 ... 643210.txt
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The family is not well off but he drives a Cadillac Escalade! Give me a break. There goes the church again getting involved again.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This accident happened about 7 miles from my house, and my family drives on this street almost every day.

I keep trying to get North County Times to print my comments but they would only post one.

Gary wrote on November 04, 2006 7:39 PM:"I still say that there is a third world spin to this incident."

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/11 ... 1_3_06.txt

In the Press Enterprise they had the following about the driver:

"Arrest of dad stuns friends"
    http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stor ... b58ea.html

"Neighbor Martinez said the family seemed happy. They were nice, church-going people, said Martinez, whose 15-year-old son helped Javier work on church projects."

The family attended Aliento de Dios, or Breath of God, a church in Wildomar. Pastor Pete Montalvo said Terroneses were new to the church but attended regularly.

Javier Terrones' cousin Martha Terrones, who lives a few blocks away, called him a mellow person and said Thursday's events surprised her.

"I don't know what came over him that day," she said in Spanish.

Martha Terrones said the only thing she could think of that could hint at such behavior was his recent drinking.

"All my life, I saw him sober. Not one drop of beer, not one drop of wine," she said. A few months ago, she said she found out that her cousin was drinking.

Martha Terrones said she thought the drinking had affected him and that his wife was trying to save him and their marriage by taking him to church.

R/ Skip
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/closebordersgroup/

SKIP,

Welcome to Alipac. What a terrible time when the Church will Lie for you.
    I guess they were going to sit back and wait for donations.

Dixie

Banned
    According to the Riverside County Sheriff, there is no immigration hold on the suspect, leading me to believe he has legal status.

We'll see what his staus is when he meets his Maker...

Thank You Dixie,

I found this blog while I was looking for information on the "Crash", since it was so close to me, and that I expect there to be a third world connection, if you know what I mean.

In my spare time I help Marci with her group "Close Borders". I have been active in that group for over two years now.

R/ Skip

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/closebordersgroup/

I am also a prolific poster on the "North County Times" webpage news story Blogs ( under about 6 different names + Skip)

http://www.nctimes.com/

Rights groups file lawsuit against Escondido housing ordinance

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/11 ... 1_3_06.txt

I stiil have my doubts

Notice that the father has the exact same name as the son. It helps them to get Social Security Numbers.

It seems that they are uneducated but are very knowledgable how to take advantage of the system.

THE PLOT THICKENS

Nov 6, 2006 5:05 pm US/Pacific

Father Charged With Murder In Death Of Son, 4

(CBS) MURRIETA Murder and other charges were filed Monday against a man, 30, accused of deliberately driving his Cadillac Escalade into a freeway embankment in Temecula, causing the death of his son, 4, and injuring his daughter, 10.

Javier Terrones, who was allegedly upset about marital problems, made his initial court appearance Monday afternoon on charges of first-degree murder, attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon and two counts of child endangerment, but did not enter a plea.

Deputy Public Defender Colleen Ann Lawler told Superior Court Judge Curtis Hinman that she needed time to review discovery evidence.

Arraignment for Terrones, who requires an interpreter, was reset for Thursday at the Murrieta courthouse.

The Lake Elsinore resident faces a life term if convicted of all the charges stemming from last Thursday's crash, Deputy District Attorney Dan Detienne said outside the courtroom.

Terrones was southbound on Interstate 15 at about 100 mph when the Escalade hit an embankment, went airborne and landed atop a Ford Explorer idling at an intersection on Clinton Keith Road, according to the California Highway Patrol and sheriff's Sgt. Michael Lujan.

Terrones' son, 4, was ejected from the vehicle and declared dead at a hospital.

His daughter suffered minor injuries, as did the driver of the Ford SUV, sheriff's deputies said.

Minutes before the 9 a.m. crash, Terrones' wife called authorities to report that her husband said he was going to kill himself and their children in their burgundy Cadillac Escalade because of marital troubles, sheriff's Sgt. Evan Petersen said.

Terrones was treated for injuries at Inland Valley Medical Center, then jailed on $1 million bail, which was revoked Monday by Hinman.

http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_310200531.html

Dad Pleads Not Guilty To Murder, Attempted Murder

Nov 9, 2006 6:11 pm US/Pacific

Dad Pleads Not Guilty To Murder, Attempted Murder
    30-Year-Old Man Accused Of Intentionally Crashing Car

(CBS) MURRIETA, Calif. A 30-year-old man accused of deliberately driving his Cadillac Escalade into a freeway embankment in a murder suicide attempt that killed his son 4-year-old son and injured his 10-year-old daughter pleaded not guilty Thursday to murder and other charges.

Javier Terrones of Lake Elsinore was driving south on Interstate 15 at about 100 mph last Thursday when the Escalade hit an embankment, went airborne and landed atop a Ford Explorer idling at an intersection on Clinton Keith Road, according to the California Highway Patrol and sheriff's department.

Terrones' son was ejected from the vehicle and declared dead at a hospital. His daughter suffered minor injuries, as did the driver of the Ford SUV, sheriff's deputies said.

Minutes before the 9 a.m. crash, Terrones' wife called authorities to report that her husband said he was going to kill himself and their children in their Escalade because of marital troubles, sheriff's Sgt. Evan Petersen said.

He was charged Monday with first-degree murder, attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon and two counts of child endangerment, and his bail was revoked by Murrieta Superior Court Judge Curtis Hinman.

Today he pleaded not guilty to all the charges.

The Lake Elsinore resident faces a life term if convicted on all counts, Deputy District Attorney Dan Detienne said.

A felony settlement conference was set for Nov. 30.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast