Thread: Fax url needed

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fax url needed

I believe the majority of senators would be more inclined to listen to constituents who snail mail in comments and concerns. I'm not positive, but I also believe faxes create more impact than emails. Politicians likely pass these faxes and letters around to shore up their positions or to assess the impact their policies make.

Does anyone know of software (preferably freeware or trialware) that will send faxes through your email program? It should be capable of sending the same fax to multiple recipients.
    I've looked myself, but those I've found are either expensive or only allow a few trial faxes to be sent.
    If you know of a good program please post the url.
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

I did it the old fasion way today. sent fax from home fax machine to my two slack senators as well as First and Hastert.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My windows program has a thing called phone tools that came free with it. But it only seems to work with dial up. There is also a fax tool in Works, in Word, in Lotus Suite, etc. that are part of the program. All you have to do is set them up.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    My windows program has a thing called phone tools that came free with it. But it only seems to work with dial up. There is also a fax tool in Works, in Word, in Lotus Suite, etc. that are part of the program. All you have to do is set them up.
    I noticed something called Faxworks in my computer, but it has errors and doesn't install and the more I read on it I realize it only receives faxes. I already have a good fax receiving program, but not a fax sending program. I think those programs you mentioned may also just receive, but I will canvass my computer again just in case. Thanks.

you have to set up faxworks to send as well as recieve. Apparently you set it up to receive but not send. Unless it doesn't work with DSL or whatever form of modem you have, either. Unless your computer has been upgraded beyond it somehow.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    To send faxes using any program on your computer for free (besides phone charges) you need to have a modem hooked up to a phone line. Even if you have broadband as long as you have a modem and phone line you're set.

Here's a program that's free and should work: http://www.download.com/Venta-Fax-Voice ... ag=lst-0-6
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    you can also fax through numbersusa.com for free
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

No Illegals. That is true but you can only fax your own through Numbers or FAIR,. Sometimes we need to tweak the others.

I don't want to double post , but seems my last post got cybersidelined somewhere. Just want to thank you all for your help. For the time being I think I will go with GrassFire.org (which was posted on this forum somewhere). They will broadcast faxes for a donation. Well worth it.

They will broadcast faxes for a donation. Well worth it.
    this is true but think about this:

unless a senator receives 200 messages a day -- a day! on any given subject, he doesn't consider it an issue to contend with at all.

that means you would need to pay that "donation" a hundred times over to get the faxes sent to all of them. You could buy a fax machine and program it to send out your own faxes for a whole lot less money than it will take to do it through one of those services that charges you each time.

I'm not saying they aren't good and that they don't provide a service. I'm saying , "Can you afford to do it enough times to make a difference?" I can't.