Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FBI arrests Indiana man for threats against John Boehner

FBI arrests Indiana man for threats against John Boehner

By Gregory Korte 1 hour ago

The FBI has arrested an Indiana man and charged him with making threats against Speaker of the House John Boehner over Congress’s failure to extend unemployment insurance.

Brandon J. Thompson, 32, was arrested Thursday night at his home in New Castle, Ind., and appeared in federal court in Indianapolis this morning. He’s charged with making interstate threats.

The evidence against Thompson was laid out in an affidavit by FBI agent Michael Alford of the Indianapolis Field Office.

The threats began the night of March 31, when someone sent a message via Boehner’s web site, the affidavit said. “You want to play with 2.7 million peoples lives I am going to take yours you will never see it coming with my sniper rifle….” the message read.

Then, on May 1, Boehner’s wife reported she received a threatening message on her cell phone while in Washington. “I’m coming after your oompa loompa (expletive) husband,” the caller said. “He shoulda extended unemployment insurance. Now, it’s too late. Imma rip his (expletive) head off.” Another threatening message followed on May 6, with the caller saying, “He’s not untouchable. I will get my hands on him.”

The FBI traced the source of the messages using internet provider and cell phone records, which revealed 19 attempted calls to Boehner’s wife over 30 days.

Health and Human Services records obtained by the FBI showed that Thompson was receiving $341 a week in unemployment benefits before they expired Jan. 11. Congress has not voted to extend those benefits. Thompson has had five protective orders filed against him in Indiana since 2001.

“Free speech is the cornerstone of our democracy but threats of violence have no place in our civil society,” said Joseph H. Hogsett, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of Indiana, in a statement announcing the arrest. “People who are inclined to make them need to know that they violate the law and they will be aggressively pursued.”

Boehner’s office would not comment on the arrest.

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2014/...ent-insurance/

Last edited by JohnDoe2; 05-09-2014 at 06:12 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn