Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Some of the ways H-1bs can be fraudulent are:

1. No seeking of qualified American candidates. In most cases there is no legal requirement to seek a qualified American, which shocks a lot of people. Even so, it violates the spirit of the law which is that an H-1b should not be used where an American can be found.

2. Displacment of incumbent American workers. (i.e. H-1bs come in, local workers get pink slips) Again, not illegal per se, but not what the visa was intended for.

3. Inflated credentials. According to one study, nearly half.

4. Playing games with compensation. Paying the lowest possible by misstating the job location, title, etc. Maine saw a lot of this.

5. Violations of other rules - for a time L-1s were brought in and shopped out to other company locations. This was illegal.

6. Other games to shortchange the foreign worker: manipulating vacation and overtime, demanding tax refunds be signed over to the company, not paying the promised wage, etc.

7. Recruiting H-1bs for fake jobs. A recent case involved Chinese nationals at a university (higher ed is exempt from the caps) creating fake jobs for other foreign nationals just so they could come here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks BetsyRoss.
    You covered those well (much appreciated)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you PhredE - there are so many games to be played with the loopholes in guestworker visa laws.

OK

Look, maybe you guys are very far removed from the immigrant chain and hence you feel like this is not relevant but for some of us, our families immigrated here (legally).

You lump all migrants - legal and illegal together as some kind of mass murderers. According to what you say, even legal non-immigrants (H1bs) are all per se frauds, guilty until proven innocent.

When I lived in Texas, I carried my passport with me all the time just in case i got caught in a sweep (near the border). I had a bank teller refuse to open an account though I had a valid ID because she wanted to see my social security card as well - she did not ask my friend (guess why).

When you guys make these sweeping generalizations and inflame passions - do you think if you are condemning many people who have done no wrong?

Banned
    AD,

What you say may be true, but if it is it is the result of the massive numbers of illegals we face. It seems like every time we turn around somebody else is coming in to take a slice of OUR pie.

I'm to the point where I believe we need to slam the damned door shut for about 5 years until we can get a handle on the 35 million illegals already in the country. If you have a problem with that, tough cookies.

Thanks Pinestraw - I think that sums up my feelings perfectly as well.

Here's an FYI for our visitor - please do some Google searching on the info below:

Kevin Flanagan
    Software Engineer/Project Mgr.
    Bank of America

Re: OK

Quote Originally Posted by AmrikiDesi
    Look, maybe you guys are very far removed from the immigrant chain and hence you feel like this is not relevant but for some of us, our families immigrated here (legally).

You lump all migrants - legal and illegal together as some kind of mass murderers. According to what you say, even legal non-immigrants (H1bs) are all per se frauds, guilty until proven innocent.

When I lived in Texas, I carried my passport with me all the time just in case i got caught in a sweep (near the border). I had a bank teller refuse to open an account though I had a valid ID because she wanted to see my social security card as well - she did not ask my friend (guess why).

When you guys make these sweeping generalizations and inflame passions - do you think if you are condemning many people who have done no wrong?
    OK, you can talk about immigrants but if you weren't one of them, I WAS, LEGALLY, and I am so outraged as all other born citizens, these illegals are with no exeption CRIMINALS, LAW BREAKERS, INVADERS, who don't deserve to be on day in this great country which they don't respect and the people who they want to force to accept them, invaders, into their own homes.
    I'm talking about ALL FOREIGNERS who come or stay in this country AGAINST THE LAWS.
    CRIMINALS, LAW BREAKERS, INVADERS, ALLIENS.
    I WELCOME people who does what I did, within the LAW, with RESPECT to other peoples homes.
    If you become citizen as I did, do it with your heart not with your greed .

Oh, I forgot to mention: people overstay expired H-1b visas all the time too - only ICE doesn't round them up. They've taken 'survival' jobs in downturns and competed with us there too.

I agree. All immigrants must understand our frustration and worry about the costs incurred to bring so many people into the fold. I agree with Pinestrawguys. We should close the door for five years. We want all to learn English and assimilate. We have a right to keep our American culture. This country is not just a place to do business. It has a culture and language that is unique like all other countries.

The American citizens also are concerned if our government is doing background checks, are our laws being enforced, are companies laying off American's just to turn around and expand and hire visa workers for a lower price!

[b]We have to put food on our tables too and we are the taxpaying,American voters who want our livlihoods protected. The American citizens got a wake up call on 9/11 and we want to know who is coming into our country.

Americans are distrustful of our government and all the backdoor deals that have been going on to sell out our country for a buck. Our organization, like many others springing up across this nation, want accountability. We want our country back, our border protected and our jobs and livelihoods protected.

I make no apologies for wanting my nation, culture and citizens protected at any costs. If it takes closing up shop for 5 years, so be it.

Just my two cents...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123