Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Federal Prosecutors Refuse to Prosecute Major Drug Crimes

If anyone you know doubts the current administration's allowing major crime by illegal aliens to go unpunished, have them watch this from a recent broadcast of Lou Dobbs.

http://jillosophy.blogspot.com/2007/03/ ... rican.html

Federal prosecutors are allowing drug smugglers to walk free, after bringing hundreds of pounds of marijuana into this country. Now local authorities are being forced to deal with an emerging crisis that federal prosecutors are refusing to address and in fact are creating. Two local prosecutors in Arizona say federal attorneys refused to prosecute smugglers moving less than 500 pounds of marijuana. They say it's an unwritten rule. George Silva is the prosecutor in Nogales, Arizona. He says he doesn't have the money to prosecute the criminals ignored by the federal government. "It's disgraceful that that happens in this day and age. We have a war on drugs, and we're not really serious about the war on drugs."

Johnny Sutton, Alberto Gonalez, Campeon and Ramos, it's all smelling so bad. I would have thought this would have Congress and The Senate squealing!
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Oh wow...this is crazy. All the Americans in jail for possession
    of marijuana,etc. Are you kidding me? They are letting these
    people go? And there are Americans in jail for much, much less...
    and when they do get out...they have to go to counseling, probation
    and loads of extremely expensive other punishment? This just about
    takes the cake....and just the other day I read about some cancer
    patients who were being prosecuted for trying to get medical
    marijuana for pain. What a fr....joke this country is becoming.
    A joke....it gets more disgusting by the day.

All the Americans in jail for possession of marijuana,etc. Are you kidding me?
    Sad but true. Please pass this on to all of your friends and family that are not involved in our cause. I think it will completely shock them, it shocked me. I thought I had seen the lowest point for this administration. What's next?
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Yes. I saw the show and it was disgusting.
    First of all...I didn't know that 480 lbs of pot was less of a crime then 500.
    But I am betting that the illegal is glad to have that information now. They can be sure to come in just under "the" prosecutable amount.

Second...isn't this almost the same principal as Halzelton is going thru? Since the feds aren't doing their jobs, the local law enforcement must do it and at their own expense exhausting their funds and resources. I wonder if their ability to prosecute what the feds won't might somehow be a loophole that Hazelton could legally use in its lawsuit.

MW
    There was a time when those that pushed and distributed drugs received the tougher sentences, but now it appears there is a change in priority. Perhaps forgetting the smugglers, pushers, and distributers is Bush's way of toeing the line with President Calderon. Didn't he recently demand that Bush deal with the American users? Personally, I'm all for prosecuting drug abusers to the fullest extent possible under the law, but I'm not for giving AMNESTY to Mexican distributers, pushers, and smugglers!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I bet it's part of NAFTA. Wouldn't drug smuggling be considered commerce? Isn't that what it's all about the free flow of goods across the border?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Dixie wrote:

I bet it's part of NAFTA. Wouldn't drug smuggling be considered commerce? Isn't that what it's all about the free flow of goods across the border?
    You're probably right about that. I'm sure the drug trade brings as much money into Mexico as criminal alien remittances do.

Mexico is one screwed up country. How else can you describe a country that depends on drug money, American taxpayer charity, American businesses, and criminal alien remittances from the the U.S. to survive? Mexico is nothing more than a leech sucking America dry!

Has anyone noticed that the Mexico/American relationship is similar to a drug user and pushers relationship? We are the pusher and Mexico is the abuser. I for one think it's time we cut them off, cold turkey! No more remittances (deport criminal aliens), no more American business moving to Mexico (create stiff penalities that would no longer make such a move feasible), stop drug cartels from importing their product (build fences and militarize the border), etc. Just like kicking a drug habit, the withdrawls will be extremely tough for the first decade, but in the end Mexico will be forced to deal with its issues by relying on itself. I say let's quit making Mexico dependent on us by forcing them off their habit!

I have no problem with continuing legal commerce and trade with Mexico, but it's time to relieve them of their dependency on us. We should not be responsible for their survival.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn