Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UB

Federal Troops to Washington, DC - Edited

What's up with this ?

http://www.wesh.com/news/13949580/detail.html

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Members of the 1st Battalion 265 Air Defense Artillery have mobilized and are on a plane headed first to Ft. Bliss, then for federal active duty in the capital region.

The troops will be deployed for a year.
    The 265th is part of Operation Noble Eagle.

They are ordered by the president to the nation's capital, where they will operate high-tech weapons systems against any potential air threat.

This kind of thing just creeps me out.

UB

http://www.democraticunderground.com/di ... 89x1650150
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

Could you post the print of the story, UB? I'm having a hard time getting into the link.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

link will not load
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

my neighbor is a D.O.D. contractor and he said the Government is worried about the protests in September. Alot of activity in the works.

Try this link, its one found on the page where the first link takes you:

http://www.wesh.com/news/13949580/detail.html
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Members of the 1st Battalion 265 Air Defense Artillery have mobilized and are on a plane headed first to Ft. Bliss, then for federal active duty in the capital region. The troops will be deployed for a year.

"It's going to be all right It's OK if he helps people and everything, and it's his job. He’s got to do it. He just got to do it," Jessica Ward said, whose father is being deployed. Jessica speaks for many when she talks about her father's deployment.

Michael Ward and company are leaving for a year, and that weighs heavy on families. The 265th is part of Operation Noble Eagle. They are ordered by the president to the nation's capital, where they will operate high-tech weapons systems against any potential air threat.

Yolanda McCormack is relieved husband Charles isn't headed to Iraq, but there is always a risk.

"Doesn't mean he won't be in the line of fire in Washington, D.C., but it does give me a little comfort," Yolanda McCormack said, whose husband is being deployed.

Families may get one or two opportunities to see loved ones during this year-long deployment, but it’s not encouraged. Though the solders are staying in the states, they are on serious business. Staff Sgt. James Todd said duty at home is just as important as the mission overseas.

To comment on this story, send an e-mail to Claire Metz.

Interesting.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

What potential air threats to DC? I mean, it's how many years after 9/11 and they are just taking these precautions now?

Peculiar...............

Operation Noble Eagle has been a DHS

ongoing air defense since 9/11.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

HMMMMMM! I don't take this as a good thing. And I think HLS is a joke. How the hell do you call it security when you leave the doors wide open? How do you call it security when anyone can just walk into our country from the south?
    Then there are troops going to Mexico along with $90.
    We need our troops on the border with orders to not allow anyone to invade our country no matter what they have to do to stop it.
    Something is up. I'm not so worried about air strikes as I am the terrroists in our own country allowed to roam freely. They want to hit the little towns and schools. But geez, we gotta take care of bush and the others in Washington. Screw the rest of us!
    Something stinks here.
    I'd rather die living then live dying!

Troops for DC but not for where they are really needed on the border or in LA?

W

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast