Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Female reporter: Trump called me the c-word

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Female reporter: Trump called me the c-word

Female reporter: Trump called me the c-word

By Alexandra King, CNN

Updated 3:58 PM ET, Sat October 1, 2016

(CNN)A former Philadelphia Inquirer reporter alleged Saturday that Donald Trump called her the c-word [B]back in the 1980s.[/B
    ]
    Jennifer Lin, who was based in New York, wrote a story about Trump's business dealings in Atlantic City in 1988 when she received a phone call from Trump, she told CNN's Michael Smerconish Saturday.

"The woman said hold for Mr. Trump. And then Mr. Trump began to yell at me. He told me I had s--- for brains. He told me I worked for a s----- newspaper and said what sort of s--- was I writing. I was stunned. He hung up."

Then, Lin claims, Trump called her boss in Philadelphia, where the insults continued.

"He referred to me as the c-word," she said.

Lin said she decided to share her story after watching Monday's presidential debate, when Hillary Clinton berated Trump for calling women "pigs" and belittling a Miss Universe winner for gaining weight.

Smerconish said that Lin's former editor at the Philadelphia Inquirer, Craig Stock, had confirmed the story to a member of his show team.

"He remembers it exactly the way that you told it," Smerconish said to Lin.

Trump campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks, however, told CNN Saturday "there is absolutely no truth whatsoever" to Lin's charges.

And David Urban, a Trump adviser, said in a statement that "I find it incredibly coincidental that this person's crystal clear recollection of one sentence, one word, spoken nearly 30 years ago just happens to coincide with Mr. Trump's surge in Pennsylvania. This is nothing more than an avowed liberal reporter who is trying to exploit Mr. Trump's reputation as click-bait for her tabloid stories."

Lin, who said that she left the newspaper business two years ago to write a book about Christianity in China, remains unrepentant.

"I'm offended by the way that Donald Trump treated me 20 years ago. He bullied me. And I'm offended now at the fact that the Trump campaign is trying to discredit me," she added.

"This is a true story. It happened to me," she said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/01/politi...ord/index.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hmmmm.

First you say he called you something, then go on to say he said you were something to someone else. So you don't actually know what he said because he didn't say it to you.

Second, you said it was in the 1980's, then said it was 20 years ago. Well, the 1980's were 30 years ago, not 20. So I'm thinking a reporter that can even get the number of decades right, probably isn't getting any of the rest of it right either.

I have no doubt he called you up and chewed you out for writing an article he found to be bad for his business. Why would write such an article to begin with? Businesses have a hard enough time succeeding without having newspaper reporters hounding them with bad articles they probably didn't deserve.

Even if he told your boss you were a "c-word", these are words used in our language, especially when people are upset abou something they don't think is right or fair that impacts them. There's certainly no lack of unflattering words used against Trump by those who don't like him.

It would also have been nice if you'd reported the story you wrote with the actual date and year so people could read it to see what Trump was upset about.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    More distractions. I hope Trump leaves this one alone.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn