Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Few Andy Rooney-isms

I don't agree with this guy on a lot of things, but these are pretty good....

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.
    Hoorah, Andy!
    When we gonna wake up?

This is exactly the way I feel about it. I would have more to add to it though. The part about disrespecting America, and having our citizens off fighting wars only to come home to this....I've thought about this many times.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: A Few Andy Rooney-isms

Unfortunately, this is a hoax. The website Snopes.com is an excellent website for determining if information is a hoax. Here is a link to the Snopes.com piece about some Andy Rooney quotes: http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp . Even if Andy Rooney didn't say any of these comments, they are still good sentiments.

Ouch!!! I should have known these were far too reasonable to come from that old geezers mouth!!!
    When we gonna wake up?