Thread: Fight's On!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fight's On!

Want to help me out? I finally got a discussion going on in my local paper. There's a couple of Reconquistas on it now arguing with local people who probably don't have the vaguest inking of what they're dealing with. I've had a real problem even getting this far with getting it addressed in my local paper.

Here's the link:

http://www.oaoa.com/articles/mexican_11 ... exico.html
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Here's what's going on.

Immigration problems
    Faye Hall | Odessa
    2007-12-09 06:00:00

I agreed with most of what the OA had to say in the Nov. 18 editorial. As usual, I have to take exception with the position on immigration.

Comparisons to past immigrations are pointless because this situation is not like those in the past. To not recognize this fact is to avoid reality.

To be sure, the OA might have its heart in the right place, but its head is in the sand. Otherwise it would not be participating in a spread of propaganda generated by a foreign government.

If I cared less for my country, sitting back and watching the flow of things would be laughable.

Take recent events, for instance. Mexico funded Mexican consulates in the U.S. to establish programs to promote anti-defamation, anti-racism, anti-racial profiling and anti-hate crimes in their quest to make us give amnesty while they commit genocide at their own southern border.

The Mexican consulates, in turn, funded programs in National Council of La Raza, LULAC and others.

Then came a flurry of sympathy-seeking stories, two of which were picked up by the OA — the three-part series about the Mexican man who died while crossing the border and the good Samaritan Mexican who saved the 9-year-old American boy.

The local ACLU attacked our police department for racial profiling and there were other similar happenings in various places around the country until police cannot even issue a description of a criminal without risking a lawsuit.

We even got a new department at the University of New Mexico out of all of this funding: Institute of Diversity. In turn, that funds a campus organization called El Centro de la Raza. El Centro de la Raza conducts classes for students who are teaching that the southern United States was stolen from Mexico, that it’s going to take it back and chunk everybody else out. The U.S., in the meantime, sent Mexico $1.4 billion to help with the war against the drug cartels while the army and police are known to be so corrupt as to be involved with the transport of drugs and humans.

As for reprogramming schools to teach the fundamental American principles found in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and other founding documents, as the OA suggested, I’m all for it. Especially since I am aware that in South Texas and South Louisiana, some are attempting to introduce saying the Mexican pledge of allegiance at some elementary schools, teaching half the classes in Spanish and half in English and want to change the history books to the Mexican version of the U.S. having stolen the southern U.S.
    The Mexican consulates are also delivering thousands of instruction booklets to elementary schools in California and as far as Idaho that teach “our historyâ€
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

I left a comment as well.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Well, I've tried twice to answer ole Cherokee. I guess they have me blocked.

Thanks Bren.

Yea, Dragonrider! That was so well said.

Now 3 more are in on it. They've pulled the Jesus card.