Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

FINAL THOUGHTS TODAY (Numbers USA )

FINAL THOUGHTS TODAY

There is much more to be said, friends. But not today.

You can tell from the sampling of my quotes in the media that I think we have just ended an era of DEFENSE.

And you can see that NumbersUSA is ready for aggressive offense. Our top staff has already met to strategize that OFFENSE for 2011. We have met with key Members of Congress and key staff. We are improving our activist tools.

I will talk to you more about all of that after Christmas.

For now, I just want to thank all of you for what you were able to do this week, this fall, this year and, for many of you, for this entire decade!

For those of you who didn't watch our live webcast of the Senate vote and our analysis of it this morning, I'll say what I said into the camera:

You created the political conditions that caused 12 of the 15 Republican Senators who voted for an amnesty in the past to NOT vote for the amnesty today.

You created the political conditions for 6 Democratic Senators to go against their Party and their President to NOT vote for the amnesty today.

That's why we won today.

As Jim Robb said on our live webcast: We didn't have wealthy lobbying groups that stood to make money off defeating the amnesty the way that wealthy groups stood to make money by passing the amnesty. We didn't have any of the country's blocs of elites helping us. All we had was individual citizens who banded together in an internet grassroots mobilization to defeat an amnesty for the 10th year in a row.

THANKS FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS GIFT TO THE NATIONAL INTEREST,
    Roy Beck http://www.numbersusa.com/content/

Banned

Thanks ALIPAC

Thanks again to William and all of the Mods on ALIPAC. We have great friends at numbers USA,and I am sure that they are keenly aware of the Impact our members here at ALIPAC have made In this tremendous fight for OUR country.... Thanks again to everyone here at ALIPAC ,and to all of the new members that have joined us very recently.... With the help of William and all of his staff,we will all be ready for the next fight,but this time we will be the agressor,and we will take this fight right to their front door..... Good Night, and Merry Christmas, TS

Banned

Just Posted

The tale of the tape... Analyzing The Votes In Our Defeating the DREAM Act Amnesty in Senate Today

By Roy Beck, Saturday, December 18, 2010, 12:39 PM EST - posted on NumbersUSA

Our victory was closer than it looked.

I told our Web Editor Chris Chmielenski after the vote this morning that my body felt like it does when I just missed a terrible car accident in which nothing bad happened at all but I can clearly see how close I came to being killed.

Yes, the PRO-amnesty folks were 5 votes short of the 60 needed. But I can pick several NO votes that could've gone the other way. And if any two had done so -- especially if they had done so a couple of weeks ago -- at least three other votes would have gone with them and we would have lost.

The incredible efforts of ordinary citizens like you, communicating with those key Senate offices, saved the country from a nightmare this morning.

Now, let's look at the individual votes ( asterisks *** before names means they are Lame Ducks who leave office Jan. 5) . . .

DEMOCRATS WHO SHOWED WONDERFUL VALOR AND VOTED 'NO' (against the amnesty)

•(Ark.) Pryor
    •(Mont.) Baucus
    •(Mont.) Tester
    •(Neb.) Ben Nelson
    •(N.C.) Hagan
    Where would we be without you activists in Montana? Congratulations to all of you in those four states for helping these Senators understand the importance of ignoring the appeals of their Party leaders (including the President) to support an amnesty.

•(W.Va.) Manchin didn't vote but issued a statement that he opposed the DREAM Act amnesty.
    All other Democrats voted YES for the amnesty today.

In a Senate filibuster roll call like this one, the effect of not voting is the same as voting NO. Sen. Manchin is brand new and takes the seat held close to forever by the late Robert Byrd who was one of our most reliable Democrats to stand for American workers against unfair foreign labor competition. We are looking to West Virginians to make sure Sen. Manchin continues that tradition (although you didn't succeed with your Sen. Rockefeller today).

REPUBLICANS WHO VOTED 'YES' FOR THE AMNESTY

•(Alaska) Murkowski
    •(Ind.) Lugar
    •*** (Utah) Bennett
    In a Senate filibuster roll call, the effect of not voting is the same as voting NO. Our whip counting beforehand indicated that the following three were committed to vote NO, even though they didn't end up voting at all.

•(Ky.) *** Bunning
    •(N.H.) *** Gregg
    •(Utah) Hatch
    All other Republicans voted NO against the amnesty.

That accounts for all 100 of the Senators.

The next sections just look at groups of those Senators in a different way.

WE TRIED TO KEEP THE SUPPORT OF THE 7 CURRENT DEMOCRATIC SENATORS WHO VOTED 'NO' AGAINST THE DREAM AMNESTY IN 2007

Certainly now with unemployment so high, we thought these Democrats should have been even more interested in standing against the amnesty.

We kept three of them who voted NO today:

•(Ark.) Pryor
    •(Mont.) Baucus
    •(Mont.) Tester
    But we lost 4 of them who voted YES today:

•(La.) Landrieu
    •(Mo.) McCaskill
    •(N.D.) *** Dorgan
    •(N.D.) Conrad
    We're going to have to do a lot of work in North Dakota. To lose 2 of only 7 Senators because of that one state is really tough. It was especially disappointing to lose Conrad and McCaskill who will run for re-election in 2012 in states that are trending strongly Republican. Why were they moved more by the illegal-alien students and by the religious leaders than by the larger constituency? Did we not have enough effort in North Dakota and Missouri?

OUR TASK AMONG REPUBLICANS WAS NUMERICALLY EVEN BIGGER AS WE SOUGHT TO 'FLIP' 15 SENATORS WHO PREVIOUSLY HAD VOTED AT LEAST ONCE FOR AN AMNESTY

The PRO-amnesty forces put a huge amount of energy into getting another YES vote out of 15 Republicans who had voted for amnesties in the past.

11 of those Republicans had voted for the DREAM amnesty previously.

10 of them had previously voted for the CIR blanket amnesty.

The only thing that could save the country from the passage of the DREAM amnesty today was for the citizens of those 15 Senators' states to have convinced most of them that they were wrong in the past to support an amnesty.

YOU FLIPPED 12 OF THEM (the years they voted for an amnesty are in parentheses):

•(Ariz.--03 & 07) Kyl
    •(Ariz.--06 & 07) McCain
    •(Iowa--03) Grassley
    •(Kan.--06 & 07) *** Brownback
    •(Maine--06 & 07) Collins
    •(Maine--06 & 07 & 07) Snowe
    •(Ohio--06) Voinovich
    •(S.C.--06 & 07) Graham
    •(Texas--03) Cornyn
    •(Texas--07) Hutchison
    In addition two more who didn't vote today said they would have voted NO against the amnesty:

•(N.H.--06 & 07) *** Gregg
    •(Utah--07) Hatch
    Only 3 of the 15 Republicans who previously voted for an amnesty did so today:

•(Alaska--06) Murkowski
    •(Ind.--06 & 07 & 07) Lugar
    •(Utah--06 & 07 & 07) *** Bennett
    WE DID POORLY AMONG DEMOCRATS FACING RE-ELECTION COMPETITION IN 2012

Our members tried to get their attention by explaining that a vote for an amnesty without enforcement would be a big problem for them during a 2012 campaign while unemployment remains high.

But the only Democrats up for re-election in 2012 who voted against the amnesty that had no enforcement to slow future illegal foreign worker competition were:

•(Mont.) Tester
    •(Neb.) Nelson
    All of the following 19 Members of the Democratic Caucus provided a big fat amnesty target for Republican challengers in 2012:

•(Calif.) Feinstein
    •(Conn.) Lieberman (Independent)
    •(Dela.) Carper
    •(Fla.) Bill Nelson
    •(Hawaii) Akaka
    •(Md.) Cardin
    •(Mich.) Stabenow
    •(Minn.) Klobuchar
    •(Mo.) McCaskill
    •(N.D.) Conrad
    •(N.J.) Menendez
    •(N.M.) Bingaman
    •(Ohio) Sherrod Brown
    •(Pa.) Casey
    •(R.I.) Whitehouse
    •(Va.) Webb
    •(Vt.) Sanders (Independent)
    •(Wash.) Cantwell
    •(Wis.) Kohl
    WE DID GREAT AMONG REPUBLICANS FACING RE-ELECTION COMPETITION IN 2012

Only one voted YES for the amnesty:

•(Ind.) Lugar
    But 7 voted NO against the amnesty:

•(Ariz.) Kyle
    •(Maine) Snowe
    •(Miss.) Wicker
    •(Nev.) Ensign
    •(Tenn.) Corker
    •(Texas) Hutchison
    •(Wyo.) Barrasso
    One didn't vote but announced he opposed the amnesty:

•(Utah) Hatch
    I suspect one of the reason we did so much better with the smaller group of Republicans facing re-election was that they are more likely to believe that they might face Primary oppostion from within their own Party if they support amnesty.

In fact, pro-enforcement Republican members of the Indiana state legislature are already exploring challening Sen. Lugar in 2012.

We have yet to see a pro-enforcement Democrat speak up about the possibility of challenging any of the pro-amnesty Democratic incumbents. But there are a lot of pro-enforcement Democrats in state legislatures around the country.

Knowledge is power. You who are reading this now know who deserves a challenge and who deserves support on the basis of amnesty voting.
    http://www.numbersusa.com/content/nusab ... today.html
    ROY

The pushing "Used Car Salesmen"
    "Why buy a Dodge Dream"
    "When you can buy this Ford Enforcement"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn