Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Fiorina sings the praises of Islam, Ottoman Empire 'greatest civilization'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm glad it's over and none of US have to war to end it. Thank you Ancestors.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by csarbww View Post
    Man, you really have a hard time admitting you are wrong don't you? Everything I have posted is historically factual and documented. I am sorry that an honest history of European culture is not as rotten as you want it to be. Sorry, that the Muslim world is a disaster. Sometimes some civilizations are simply better than others. Sorry that is the facts of life do not tell us what we want to hear.

Firstly, who is this "us" that you speak of?
    I'm wise enough not to fall into the "religious argument" because I really feel that is a personal issue.

I mentioned Islam once in post #13 as a example of slavery. It is not a direct attribute to Islam.

I do agree that some civilizations were more "palatable" to me than others, but using the word "better", or its variation, reflects an all encompassing solution:
    a definition accountable only unto itself. So while you may think a civilization is "better", your declaration alone, does not make it so, due to the numerous reasons
    why something can be "better". This is a illogical fallacy, resulting in an infinite regression.

I commented on hygiene first (Post #6 + #12). Then the subject moved to slavery (Post #13). Now you want to talk about civilizations and Muslims (Post #1?
    You're all over the place, bub.

“You say I am all over the place.”You forget this debate began with Carly Fiorina’s praise of Islam. In essence she was saying: hey Americans with your European culture don’t think you are so great, see the Muslims did some really great stuff too. Basically she was making a comparison implying the European and Muslim cultures are equal. A premise I totally reject because history has proven which society has ultimately created a better life for the common man.
    So you see I have been talking to the core subject all along.

Sorry but the fact is some civilizations are better than others. Objectively better. How do we know, because the everyday life of the common man is better. Which societies have a population that is well fed, has clean drinking water, more free time and live well above a bare subsistence level? Gee, maybe the West? The other non Western countries like India and China are quickly gaining prosperity by imitation the West. Indeed in places like Greece that are failing it is because of the influence of cultural Marxism that is at its core a rejection of modern Western values.

Let’s see it was Europeans and their progeny who discovered and put to practical use electricity. and the long distance of transmission of that electrical power It was Europeans who made farming so productive that famine was virtually eliminated (in their part of theworld). It was Europeans who invented the light bulb, the telephone, the telegraph, cement, plastic, photography, motion pictures, radio, tape recorders, CDs, DVDs television, steam ships, nuclear powered ships, the nuclear reactor, the steam engine, the railroad, the internal combustion engine, the automobile, the airplane, rocketships, the telescope, the microscope, the electron microscope, radar, antibionics, sterile medical operations, lasers, fiber optics, ultrasound , medical X-Rays, food preservation by hot canning, refrigeration, the air conditioner,the oil stove, the gas stove, the autoclave, computers, accurate mechanical clocks, chemical dyes, synthetic rubber. The West greatly improved the printing process with the printing press making book sand their knowledge cheap and available to everyone. Actually the scientific process, physics, biology, logic are Western creations and also the bounty of the industrial revolution. I am sure there is more I haven’t though of. Finally there is the creation of really great whiskey.

Yes some cultures are objectively better than others. I’ll take my Jack Daniels, Devils Cut whiskey over muddy water any time.
    Last edited by csarbww; 09-23-2015 at 02:34 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by csarbww View Post
    “You say I am all over the place.”You forget this debate began with Carly Fiorina’s praise of Islam. In essence she was saying: hey Americans with your European culture don’t think you are so great, see the Muslims did some really great stuff too. Basically she was making a comparison implying the European and Muslim cultures are equal. A premise I totally reject because history has proven which society has ultimately created a better life for the common man.
    So you see I have been talking to the core subject all along.

Sorry but the fact is some civilizations are better than others. Objectively better. How do we know, because the everyday life of the common man is better. Which societies have a population that is well fed, has clean drinking water, more free time and live well above a bare subsistence level? Gee, maybe the West? The other non Western countries like India and China are quickly gaining prosperity by imitation the West. Indeed in places like Greece that are failing it is because of the influence of cultural Marxism that is at its core a rejection of modern Western values.

Let’s see it was Europeans and their progeny who discovered and put to practical use electricity. and the long distance of transmission of that electrical power It was Europeans who made farming so productive that famine was virtually eliminated (in their part of theworld). It was Europeans who invented the light bulb, the telephone, the telegraph, cement, plastic, photography, motion pictures, radio, tape recorders, CDs, DVDs television, steam ships, nuclear powered ships, the nuclear reactor, the steam engine, the railroad, the internal combustion engine, the automobile, the airplane, rocketships, the telescope, the microscope, the electron microscope, radar, antibionics, sterile medical operations, lasers, fiber optics, ultrasound , medical X-Rays, food preservation by hot canning, refrigeration, the air conditioner,the oil stove, the gas stove, the autoclave, computers, accurate mechanical clocks, chemical dyes, synthetic rubber. The West greatly improved the printing process with the printing press making book sand their knowledge cheap and available to everyone. Actually the scientific process, physics, biology, logic are Western creations and also the bounty of the industrial revolution. I am sure there is more I haven’t though of. Finally there is the creation of really great whiskey.

Yes some cultures are objectively better than others. I’ll take my Jack Daniels, Devils Cut whiskey over muddy water any time.
    ...and I must state, my point has been proven quite spectacularly. You picked points but (probably) didn't understand my last post about an infinite regression.

Enjoy your "Devil's Cut", it's without a doubt, the true inspiration for your posts.

Good day!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123