Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Fireside Chat about wages, prices, and illegal immigration

Wow, are we Stupid!

I don’t just mean wasting every free moment watching moronic television shows, or actually worrying about what the latest airhead celebrities are doing in their lives, or saying, “Give me more ‘bread and circuses’, and just leave me alone,â€

This is an EXCELLENT piece. Every word. I am speechless.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No it's not. It ignores that every company, income producer, and worker, works for five or six months each year for the damned government's taxes. Knock that out and there'd be a livable wage.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    No it's not. It ignores that every company, income producer, and worker, works for five or six months each year for the damned government's taxes. Knock that out and there'd be a livable wage.
    Wages should be triple what they are. Taxes dont account for all of the wage depression...not by a long shot. If the minimum wage would have kept up with the cost of living over the last three decades, it would be $20.90. THE MINIMUM WAGE. And all other wages float on the minimum wage. ....except CEO wages. People who currently make the minimum wage dont make enough to pay taxes. Even people who make somewhat more dont make enough to pay taxes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

50skid - Thanks for posting, though I don't agree with everything the author says about unions.

But do you have a link please?
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

I am strongly in favor of a flat tax, with no exemptions or deductions of any kind. In this way, those who have benefited most, economically, from the system will pay the most to keep the system going. If everybody, from the person working at McDonalds to Bill Gates paid, say 15% (or whatever it turns out is needed) of their gross wages, there would be enough to sustain a lean (that is a topic for another discussion) government.

Even if taxes were low, there would still be those with the mindset that slave labor is a good thing. Illegal immigration is just an indicator that this attitude is alive and well.

As for unions, any institution has its faults, but overall they keep abuses by management to a minimum, similar to the way that laws do. Rather than do away with them completely, some restraints should be in place.

In places where there are no unions, wages, benefits, and job security are lower.

I did not understand the request for a link.

Have a good day.

Hello and welcome to alipac 50sKid!

if you wrote the piece above you do not need a link but if you got it off of another web site, you need to copy the link in the address bar ( where you got the commentary, "the source") and paste it under your post. Since you can not do that now that it is submitted you can put in a new post down below.

Thanks for joining in a getting involved at alipac!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

This article is AWESOME! Now all we need is a link.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    This article is AWESOME! Now all we need is a link.
    I think it is possible that the poster wrote the article himself. I say that because there is no title or date, or author. There is no heading at all.

50sKid: Did you write this article?

Thank you for that piece...it was very well said.

50's Kid:

If you wrote this you did a wonderful job..sure wish I could articulate as well.. the majority of what you said hit home to how I feel, and have felt for many years as I watch our Country deteriorate....

Kathyet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast