Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ENGLISH ONLY LAW

2/19/2009

Hi Eveyone:...

Glad to be here....I feel there should be a law
    " ENGLISH ONLY !" My great grandparents came
    to New York in 1886 from Germany through Ellis
    Island , they had to learn English , there was no
    one to help them , they lived the American Dream.
    My grandfather worked for the Sanitation Dept. of
    New York, in the 1930's they had a house and a
    1930's Ford. When I was a teenager I asked my
    Mother why I wasn't taught German or customs
    and she said: " Her grandmother told her Mother,
    her Mother told her and she's telling me " Your an
    American, the past is the past , be proud." I work in
    retail and I'm shocked by the many Mexicans who
    don't understand the currency or even want to know
    the language , how do they expect to get ahead ?

Cheers......Joe

Welcome AmericanMom and OIFIIIMP! It is really nice to see so many new faces.....I mean avatars around here. Looks like more and more people are getting fed up.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Welcome to Alipac AmericanMom

And welcome joefrank

and a big welcome to OIFIIIMP
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome to alipac "AmericanMom" and "OIFIIIMP" "joefrank " This is great all of you joining in!!

Please sign up for e-mail alerts, you will find it at the top left side of the thread...then when a nasty bill comes up in congress or important news you will get an e-mail

Have fun looking around, and getting to know the boards and the members!!

SOSAD
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Re: First Generation American

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMom
    I am a first generation American and proud of it. My mother and grandfather came from Italy. They cam "legally" so why can't others. My mother could not get a good job because she did not speak English so good. Know you don't even need to speak English to get a job. I go out to dinner with my family and no one speaks English they ask me if i speak Spanish. I say NO this is America "WE SPEAK ENGLISH"! I was taught to love were you came from and respect were you live. You can only be loyal to one flag. I am loyal to the American Flag.Illegal is Illegal, if you kill, sill, or rob someone you go to jail. So why don't illegal Aliens go to jail. They are no "immigrants like my Grandfather and Mom. They are criminals! God Bless America.

Ciao
    [/quote]

Welcome! You are going to find a lot of people here who are just like you. My wife is a LEGAL immigrant and now a citizen. Her first country is Argentina but all of her family are from Italy. My wife is embarrassed to be called a "Hispanic" and be associated with illegal aliens. She also refuses to speak Spanish because she say like you, this is America and we speak English. Thanks for joining up with us and we are glad to have immigrants like your Grandfather and Mom that have made this great country their new home.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

My grandfather who was a naturalized American citizen was an Immigration Inspector in charge of the Virgin Islands. Most of the illegal immigrants came in from the closest place the British Virgin Islands. That is where my great grandmother was from and where he had the largest number of relatives. He was social to his family and civil to those he arrested but he was known to be strict toward anyone whose immigration papers had not come in yet. I hear about Mexican ethno-centrists giving the Border Patrol most of whom are Mexican American a tough time just because they are of Mexican origin. My grandfather would often be deporting our cousins telling them not to forget to say hello to other members of the family
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome to all the new members!! It is just so good to see you all here and to know that you understand the difference between immigrants, who are welcomed by most citizens of this nation and illegal aliens who are not welcomed by most of us!

Richard, your father was obviously a man of integrity. You must be very proud to have come from such stock.

I'm first gen too, my dad served in the US Army during WWII and I in the Marines during Nam. My nephew has served two tours in Iraq with the Marines and his oldest son will be going to boot camp this year.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

welcome to Alipac joefrank and very good comment
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

My grandfather would often be deporting our cousins telling them not to forget to say hello to other members of the family
    That is a good one Richard....LOL!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast