Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A FL Reader-Reported To The FBI For Criticizing Sen. Spector

June 05, 2006

06/04/06 - A California Reader Reports That The Protests Against Senate Traitors Are Underway

Today’s Letter: A Florida Reader Is Reported To The FBI For Criticizing Senator Arlen Specter

From this extremely useful website here I was able to get e-mail addresses for every House and Senate staffer including Senator Arlen Specter’s Chief of Staff and Director of Communications, William Reynolds.

Then I sent the following quote from Thomas Jefferson to every Republican who voted for S.2611:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Reynolds (e-mail him) replied:

“If you were meaning to convey a threat, then you have effectively done so. I am forwarding this to the FBI and U.S. Capitol Police. I will not tolerate threats against my people.”

I responded to Reynolds:

“How DARE YOU threaten ME. You work for ME, not the other way around. I have every right to express my displeasure at Senator Specter’s traitorous vote, and if I choose to quote Thomas Jefferson, that is my right.

“You and your boss are elites who feel that you can do anything and say anything without repercussions. Your threatening e-mail was read over the air on a popular radio show and this reply to you was read as well.

“I, unlike many elected officials, have nothing to hide. You do not frighten me. I have never been in trouble of any sort in my life.

“And also unlike Specter and many of his colleagues, I love my country and revere our Founding Fathers.

“If you and Specter would devote the same effort to catching and deporting illegal aliens as you do in harassing the law abiding citizens for whom you work, this country would not be in the dire straits that it is in.”

VDARE.COM note: Decker, a retired schoolteacher, advised the Tampa branch of the FBI about her e-mail exchange with Reynolds, noting that she felt threatened by him.

The FBI replied to Decker: “The Senate message is not considered threatening,” but “the message you sent, because the quote was altered (i.e. by color of text) can be construed as threatening.”

http://www.vdare.com/letters/tl_060506.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yep, any threatening language sent to the Congress or their staff will be turned over to the FBI or Secret Service.

That is why we always do our very best to encourage people not to write when they are too angry. The problem is that a lot of Americans are only compelled to write when they are angry.

Also, that quote was reportedly on Timothy McVeigh's T-Shirt when he was first apprehended.

A lot of staff I know immediately file any e-mails or letters they get that are too angry in the trash folder.

If it is over the top, then it goes to security.

I don't blame the staff for that. There are lots of crazies out there and many of them are compelled to write elected officials. Staff cannot do a proper threat assessment. That is the job of the FBI and Secret Service.

This person thought they were doing our side of the issue a favor by writing a strong e-mail. What they did was hand our opposition something they can use against us all.

This should be a good example for all to see how letting your anger get the best of you leads to big mistakes.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for this thread, 2nd and W.

I guess that writing a letter/email/fax, then getting up from the computer for a couple of hours, then going back, rereading, editing of the too emotional content...then sending it, is the best course of action.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Wow. I've called both Spector and Frist's office and left voice mails calling them ass's.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Wow. I've called both Spector and Frist's office and left voice mails calling them ass's.

BB, that's not a "threat".........that's the TRUTH
    {no biggy, LOL}

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean

LOL so have I, I think maybe worse than that. But never left a threat, in an email either...

Well, nonetheless, the staffer has taken the quote out of context. The quote is saying that people are willing to die for their country, not that anyone is threatening anyone.

Being politically CORRECT is what has this nation where it is at right now. The other side (illegal aliens) are not being politically correct, they are playing the race card, making threats, rioting/protesting in our streets, and all in all winning this fight because our side has one hand tied behind our back because we are expected to be politically correct in EVERY THING WE DO, and EVERYTHING WE SAY.

Perhaps candy coating our anger is a part of why we seem to be fighting such an uphill battle in trying to stop AMNESTY....sure we might get more than lip service from Washington, DC if it were us marching in cities across American in the millions, instead of finding ourselves proof reading everything we right three or four times to make sure it is politically correct.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

PintoBean wrote
    Being politically CORRECT is what has this nation where it is at right now
    Yup........ONE GIANT AMERICAN WEDGIE