Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Flag of PROTEST for the 4th and Flag day.

Here is where you can buy one

http://www.flagandbanner.com/fab/produc ... id=HCULP35

And some Info

The Culpeper Don't Tread on Me Flag
    The Culpeper Don't Tread On Me Flag reportedly was first used as the banner for a group of about one hundred minutemen in Culpeper County, VA who formed part of Colonel Patrick Henry's First Virginia Regiment of 1775. In October-November 1775, three hundred such minutemen, led by Colonel Stevens, assembled at Culpeper Court House and marched for Williamsburg. Their unusual dress alarmed the people as they marched through the country. The words "Liberty or Death" were in large white letters on the breast of their hunting shirts. They had bucks' tails in their hats and in their belts, tomahawks and scalping knives.

The rattlesnake device occurs on several Revolutionary War flags. The rattlesnake's eye, supposedly brighter than any other creature's and with no eyelids, is the symbol of vigilance. It is said that the snake never begins an attack, but once aroused it never surrenders. The snake was also portrayed with 13 rattles, symbolic of the 13 American colonies.

The photo at the above right (taken by Royce Culpepper) shows the Culpeper Minutemen flag flying in 1993 at the Holiday Inn in Philadelphia, near Christ Church where Benjamin Franklin is buried. It features a rattlesnake on a solid background above the warning, "Don't Tread On Me".

You assume the average American knows the history of the symbolism. Most can't even find Ohio on a map!

Quote Originally Posted by barkway
    You assume the average American knows the history of the symbolism. Most can't even find Ohio on a map!
    Feel free to give us a history lesson anytime you're ready. I'm sure we would all appreciate it.

Any place where I might could find one under $41? Thats a bit steep.
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Quote Originally Posted by timnem
    Any place where I might could find one under $41? Thats a bit steep.
    LOL I know it is, I'll look around and see. If I find it cheaper I'll post up.

Could we fly it upside down for the distress signal?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

http://store.gadsdenandculpeper.com/snauma.html

8" x 4" vehicle magnet is heavy duty and maufactured in USA! to our specs. Our new trademarked design is the Gadsden-inpired DTOM snake!

To All BRAVE, HEALTHY, ABLE BODIED, And WELL DISPOSED Young Men,In This Neighbourhood, Who Have Any Inclination To JOIN THE TROOPS, Now Raising Under GENERAL WASHINGTON For The DEFENCE Of The LIBERTIES AND INDEPENDENCE of the UNITED STATES, Against the HOSTILE Designs of FOREIGN ENEMIES. *********************************

-U.S. Revolution Recruitment Poster

http://www.gadsden.info/flag.html
    as low as $13.00

I checkd under google Froogle
    http://froogle.google.com/froogle?sourc ... a=N&tab=wf

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    Could we fly it upside down for the distress signal?
    Actually I think that revolutionary flags would be better to show our dissatisfaction with the government that's about to legalize millions of illegal invaders. Either the Confederate Rebel flag or the Bennington flag with '76' on it. These folks sell all kinds of historical flags:

http://www.unflags.com/milhiscon.html

the Confederate flag has the potential for backlash. This is an American problem and alienating a segment of Americans wouldn't be wise.

I've always liked the Confederate flag and I'm a Yankee who bleeds blue pinstripe but not all of my fellow Yanks would agree. Besides, that flag represents 1/2 the country and that would put a crimp in our power.

my 2 cents
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast