Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Now Repubs are looking to cap employer fines

Just saw on C-SPAN that Rep. Lynnwood of Georgia (R) has added an amendment to put a cap on employer fines and offer a one time exemption for so-called good faith reprieve in case of errors in verification. I thought the Repubs. were the ones calling for tougher enforcement, now they are weakening the whole shebang by capping employer fines and giving them a 'Get out of jail FREE card', WTF?
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

My thoughts EXACTLY reptile! This bill is beginning to look like SWISS CHEESE at this point. While I would encourage EVERYONE here to continue with their phone calls, (as I did for over 3 hours today), I am duly disgusted!

Sorry, I just got home a little while ago. I need an update. Should I be happy, sort of happy, kind of mad, but still mostly happy, happy but a little worried, or completely ticked off ? I need to know. Would someone just sum it up in a tiny little nutshell for me ?

Second question, will we need to continue calling and faxing tomorrow ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm in the same place, Legal. I went to bed while they were still blathering away. Just couldn't TAKE IT anymore so I don't know WHERE we stand. I am SICK that they jerked the ANCHOR BABY amendment. That one was one of THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES but I have also heard a couple of knowledgeable people say that it would probably take a Constitutional Amendment to change that.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

The gist of it is that anything that means anything is getting cut out of the entire bill so that they can pass something that makes it look like they are doing something when they aren't. How's that for a nutshell.

But there was a big article in our paper that there is going to be a fence, and it is alredy assigned funding, between Loredo, TX and Nuevo Loredo. I think it said 70 miles. If I can find the article (sorry I didn't do it last night but I read it after an exceptionally long day with very little break) I'll post it. Double chain link to keep the drug dealers from driving across, and more border patrol agents.

Even if the fence gets built in sections--and they just did the 14 mile stretch near San Diego, it is taking steps forward. That gives me hope.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh, don't get me wrong. I think it is a STEP and a pretty GIANT step considering where we've been for the past few years. I know it left out some things that were really important to us but I'm not going to complain YET. Now, they need to start MAKING IT WORK.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

It's just a matter of getting our legislators to take those very same issues back to the table next year and keep on taking them back to the table until they get passed.

I personally would prefer a million small laws that people can understand than one big law a million pages long that nobody can understand. I think part of the reason these laws don't get enforced or get ignored altogether has to do with the fact that so much is tacked onto the end of unrelated laws in order to sneak them past. Then they act like it's big news to the area that attaches the most importance to the part they snuck through while the rest of the country just ignores it entirely. Stupid idiots!

Oh and that bit about them having to amend the constitution, that is a crock if ever I heard one. Google "Constitution" and read it. You will see that issue clearly once you get to it. I am curious what the rest of you think.

I'll check it out. I HOPE that's true because that is one of the BIGGEST parts of our problem. But, they sure took that one out of that bill. TICKED ME OFF!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12