Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Foreign Technology Worker Finally Tells the Truth

http://www.trackitt.com/discussion-foru ... last-page/

Posted by ABCDesi (1) 1 hour 6 minutes ago
    Ok. Seriously guys. I am waiting for my 485 approval too, but let's set some things straight here.

A Green Card is a PRIVILEGE. No one is forcing us to stay here. If you are unhappy with the system, then you have two options - either go back to your home country or wait patiently to get your legal permanent residency and then fight the system for others down the line. And don't bloody give an excuse of "everyone in America is an immigrant." Everyone knows that, but that's not the point. Its called behavioral economics, stupid. Here's a simple Supply Chain concept - When there is excess demand and the current supply does not meet the requirement, we need excess suppliers. But when the supply saturates the requirement and/or when the demand goes down and we no longer need the excess supply, you reduce the supply.

Now in terms of workforce, the economy is at its worst since probably the great depression. Manufacturing plants are closing down. Financial giants and being bailed out. Retirement funds are diminishing. Its called "recession." This is the time when people lose jobs. America already has a system in place for immigration. No country is stupid to change their immigration policy in a recession. And yes, American Citizens come first, next the permanent residents and then finally potential immigrant workers. So when the government does not care for its own Citizens, there will be outcry and this will be directed against the immigrant community. So when the demand goes down, there will be job losses. What needs to happen at this time is a reduction in workforce and it has to start with non citizens and non permanent residents. However some of these immigrants are highly skilled workers and if there is "still" a demand for those skills, we get to stay here. If not, we don't need to stay here and shouldn't be allowed to stay here.

We should be grateful that America has chosen not to cancel the immigration programs and are still maintaining that certain level of immigrant workforce. And stop criticizing the American workers. They know they are in this situation because they are unable to compete with some highly skilled immigrant worker. A majority of these people if they can go back in time would do it totally different. A lot of these people did not go to college or grad school because they started their careers at a time when there was plenty of demand and on the job training was more than sufficient to do a lot of these works.

And don't bloody talk about the education system in India. Seriously. As someone pointed out, if you did not go through an IIM or an IIT, then in my eyes (including me) we are just "numbers." I came here for my grad school and I know exactly "how much" I knew when I came here. Seriously - Engineering degree in India is a big joke. MOD EDIT - I crammed a day before the tests and passed out with distinction. And I am really stupid. So I assume anyone can do that. The harsh reality hit me when I came here to the US. When you go to grad school and you have an American sitting next to you, you will probably piss in your pants because he is too damn good and we can't keep up. Yes, we worked hard, but so did he. If you criticize the American system so much, then why in the heck do you opt to go to school here? And if you did not go to school here, how in the heck do you know the schooling here to comment? America already realizes their shortage of producing qualified grads and they are working on it. Its a system that will take time to yield results. But they will get there.

Here's a simple question - How many of you work on H1B a job that absolutely cannot be done by an American worker or cannot be outsourced? You will find more than 50% of the work done by H1B's can "easily" be done by American workers or outsourced. There are certain people who bring some unique skills to the table. A lot of these H1B's are used by some of the well known IT companies that treat their employees as sh!t. What sets us unique though is that we work for "less" compared to American workers and are ready to work odd hours and in odd places. And for that uniqueness we bring to the table, the American government is rewarding us with a permanent residency. But its a process and if you want to use the process to realize the American dream then be prepared to wait in line patiently. No point crying about people with a later PD who got their GC ahead of you. No point cribbing about the illegal immigrant who go an amnesty and a GC before you. The best thing you can do is wait for its not your RIGHT to have a green card, but its a Privilege.

I really got ticked when I read:
    And stop criticizing the American workers. They know they are in this situation because they are unable to compete with some highly skilled immigrant worker.
    Why the pudding are Americans realizing they cannot compete with foreign workers on home turf? Simple, it is not supply and demand in many cases, but it is that American businesses are doing their best to cut costs because Americans will demand higher pay.
    Any visa is a privilege that should not be taken advantage of, including a visitor's visa. But the lousy system in this country has no idea whether anyone here on a visitor's visa ever leaves, so that is probably why our population has gone to more than over 300,000,000 in such a short time. Nor do we have any idea who has crossed the borders without a visa.
    Rather than bailing out banks that created this problem in the first place, perhaps we should bail out ICE and CBP!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    I really got ticked when I read:
    And stop criticizing the American workers. They know they are in this situation because they are unable to compete with some highly skilled immigrant worker.
    Why the pudding are Americans realizing they cannot compete with foreign workers on home turf? Simple, it is not supply and demand in many cases, but it is that American businesses are doing their best to cut costs because Americans will demand higher pay.
    Any visa is a privilege that should not be taken advantage of, including a visitor's visa. But the lousy system in this country has no idea whether anyone here on a visitor's visa ever leaves, so that is probably why our population has gone to more than over 300,000,000 in such a short time. Nor do we have any idea who has crossed the borders without a visa.
    Rather than bailing out banks that created this problem in the first place, perhaps we should bail out ICE and CBP!!
    Then there should be a foriegn worker tax to any company that hires someone for a job that an American cannot do. That will stop companies from not hiring Americans so they can pay some foriegn worker less money. If it costs him more money to hire a foriegner then he will hire an American. It makes perfect sense.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by wmarincic
    Then there should be a foriegn worker tax to any company that hires someone for a job that an American cannot do. That will stop companies from not hiring Americans so they can pay some foriegn worker less money. If it costs him more money to hire a foriegner then he will hire an American. It makes perfect sense.
    Tom Tancredo had the best solution: go back to using foreign workers only if they (their talents) can't be found at home. I think he predicted you would have about 100 workers come in. I think his strategy was that when we got accused of not allowing exchanges of talent between us and foreign countries we could point at the 100 or so workers as shining examples. Take photos of them, publicize the hell out of it. Everyone happy.

What we have now is an invasion being engineered by the government of India. I don't have anything against Indians, I just have alot against being invaded. If it weren't for the political correctness crap being rammed down our throats we would have put a stop to this years ago.

Does anyone know how taxes work for the HB workers?

Do they pay income taxes, or SS taxes? Or is there some other taxes they pay?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Does anyone know how taxes work for the HB workers?

Do they pay income taxes, or SS taxes? Or is there some other taxes they pay?
    They pay all the taxes that an American citizen would pay. I don't know if they would itemize - individual running a business, etc. Here is a website forum about those issues. When I was Dearborn, MI where many automotive white collar jobs were being done as H1-B I heard a horror story that stated many H1-Bs were required to hand over their income tax returns to the foreign companies that sponsored them. This is against the law but our incompetent government doesn't seem to care.

http://www.forum.visataxes.com/archive/ ... /f-11.html