Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Forget catch and release,Now its just release

posted at 11:36 am on September 7, 2010 by Ed Morrissey
    printer-friendly

Why not? The Obama administration has made their disinterest in pursuing prosecution for illegal immigration known well enough by now. Why not have ICE just instruct law enforcement agencies around the country to ignore it altogether? KGUN in Arizona has the reaction from local law-enforcement officials — including those opposed to the state’s new enforcement law — to the new policy that ICE is considering:

Letting illegal immigrants go free? Hard to believe but that could be the new federal mandate if a proposed ICE policy change is approved.

Here’s the idea: If authorities pull someone over for a traffic stop and discover they are in the country illegally, authorities would be forced to let the illegal immigrant go without calling federal agents unless the individual is a convicted felon.

Even officers opposed to SB 1070 say this would set a bad precedent. …

Even Santa Cruz County Sheriff Tony Estrada, who leaned strongly against SB 1070, thinks this sort of federal policy change is suspect. “It is surprising they would make that decision. I would suspect once an individual is identified as being here illegally, some process would kick in…that would deport that person,â€

Banned
    " Congress should hold hearings on Napolitano’s stewardship of Homeland Security and ICE, and probably will after the midterm elections replace current leadership. If they don’t want to enforce the law, then Congress should remove them and tell President Obama to find people who will. "

YA THINK ?

That’s a dereliction of duty.

Haven't we seen enough of this? High crimes and misdemeanors comes to mind for starters.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Please excuse my cynicism, but...

there's something new about this "release" policy?

I know this is an exaggeration, but it certainly appears that a career with ICE is the easiest job on earth:
    join ICE, do nothing for 25 years, then retire. But it's not all ICE's fault; it comes from within the Beltway.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Banned
    It is not new, illegals have been being released for years.
    When I lived in little Mexico, central A.Z there were illegals arrested for
    assaults, drugs, sex crimes being released all the time. Not deported, let go.
    Two illegal coke, pot smuggler/sellers were arrested next door. They were
    brothers. One brother let out on bond, then charges dropped the other got 2 years. in Chino. He got out and moved back in. No deportation.
    This was ten year ago. I have many more disgusting examples and experiences over the years. Nothing is really new. Just I hope, More Americans paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by airdale
    This was ten year ago. I have many more disgusting examples and experiences over the years. Nothing is really new. Just I hope, More Americans paying attention.
    IMO that's the key element.