Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Former Bush official supporting Clinton: Trump could be economic 'disaster'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Former Bush official supporting Clinton: Trump could be economic 'disaster'

Former Bush official supporting Clinton: Trump could be economic 'disaster'

By Tal Kopan, CNN
    Updated 1:20 PM ET, Sun August 14, 2016

Gutierrez said Clinton would "make a darned good president"
    The Republican is a proponent of free trade, something Trump has been strongly against

Washington (CNN)Former Bush administration official Carlos Gutierrez says he will be voting for Hillary Clinton, calling Donald Trump's economic policies a "disaster."

The former commerce secretary under President George W. Bush said he looked at the "totality" of the choice between the two candidates and decided on Clinton.

"I have one resume here for Donald Trump, I have one resume here for Hillary Clinton, and I've chosen this resume," Gutierrez said, indicating Clinton. "I think this person, Hillary Clinton, is the best for the country. I'm not thinking about (it as) a Republican, I'm thinking about (it as) a US citizen. I think at some point, you have to put the party aside and say what's best for the country? I don't want to live in a society that I think Donald Trump will create."
    Gutierrez said Clinton would "make a darned good president" based on her "experience," while the thought of a Trump presidency makes him "afraid."

The Republican is a proponent of free trade, something Trump has been strongly against throughout his candidacy. Gutierrez said that the GOP nominee's economic policies would be harmful.

"The economy's important to me. His plan, I love the tax cuts, I'm a Republican, but then he has this sort of import substitution strategy, which is a strategy like an underdeveloped country, very poor countries think that way," Gutierrez said. "(The idea) that we have to substitute our imports. That would be a disaster."

Gutierrez said he believes Clinton learned during her husband's presidency that cutting the budget deficit, as Bill Clinton did in his second term, drives economic growth.

"I think the one thing the Clintons learned ... is that budget deficits hinder growth, and that's what President Clinton did in his second term, is cut the deficit and that drove the growth. She's learned from that," he said.

Gutierrez added: "I haven't heard an economic concept come out of Trump's mouth except for protectionism and lower taxes. If you put those two together, that is a recipe for disaster."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/14/politi...election-2016/
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Carlos Guiterrez is a free trader who tried to pass the North American Free Trade Agreement and was instrumental in passing CAFTA. All trade deals originate out of the US Department of Commerce.

Carlos is also a Mexican citizen, a citizen of Mexico, he is a dual-citizen. He didn't become a US citizen until he became CEO of Kelloggs Corporation after he was transferred up here to the US from Mexico where he worked in Kelloggs operations in Mexico.

Carlos should have never been approved as Secretary of Commerce and what he thinks has only to do with open borders which he supports and bad free trade deals which he supports, because they pour illegal aliens into our country creating unemployment, poverty, debt and suffering for American citizens, while free trade sucks what good jobs we have out of the country, many of them to his real homeland, Mexico.

What Carlos thinks about Trump is purely motivated by his Mexican citizenship, not his US citizenship.

That should be obvious to any reporter or journalist, but of course, this is a CNN story who doesn't have any reporters or journalists, just Anti-Trump Hillary Hacks.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Bush administration was largely responsible for the crash in 2008 and the bail out. Gutierrez should be the last person making comments. IMO

Absolutely. For 6 years, Bush refused to enforce US immigration law and in year 7, Chertoff finally announced that he would as Secretary of DHS starting enforcing the law. For 8 years, Bush pushed Free Trade Agreement of the Americas, CAFTA and many other free trade treason agreements, CAFTA passed, FTAA failed thanks to Chavez in Venezuela, but many others passed, unnoticed. The Bush Administrations were disasters for our country.