Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Fox news hitting anchor babies hard this morning

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    All of these are being done by states and all will have the clout to carry
    the issue to the supreme court
    Isn't there a bill in the House now?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, there is a bill that has been languishing in the house for actually a couple of years (under different numbers, as they keep trying to re-submit it). Every time, it gets on the fast track . . . to nowhere.

I can only hope that multiple states taking up this issue will either force the Supreme Court to rule on this (I hope in our favor), or force Congress to pass the darn bill!!

Why won't Texas do this!!! Half our foreign-born population is illegal (over 1.5 million people!!). That's TOO MANY anchor babies!!

See, the U.S. government would have to set up an e-verify system for the HOSPITALS to use for this. The medical staffer would simply enter the mother's S.S. number into the national database, and if they can't be verified, the mother has 90 days to get the mess straightened out, or the birth certificate will be sent to the mother's country of birth to be issued (I think they are given to their country's consular to request a birth certificate for the child).

Can you imagine a world where ALL businesses are using E-Verify for their employees, and ALL hospitals and cities are using E-Verify for newborns??

Oh, happy day!! MILLIONS of the illegals would self deport!!

Unfortunately, you KNOW the Supreme Court would NEVER back-date the law. Too many people would claim "racial profiling" for who they would target to prove citizenship.

And hopefully, there wouldn't be more than 6 months from the time of the ruling until it was implemented into law, as every illegal woman out there would be desperate to get pregnant and drop their last anchor baby before this law was enforced!

TexasGal

Banned
    The people that are pushing these things know the local fed courts will reject them , that is the purpose

To bring these bills to the supreme court and / or force change in congress

I'm putting my money on the supremes ruling for us on this
    The body of evidence clearing is in favor of denying birthright citizenship
    to illegals

If not we have the amend process which will be trickier to get past the
    lib symps

Texas is being run by the WH - don't look for anything from our state government.

Actually, someone said that these babies actuallly have dual citizenship. Does anyone know?

I think that was in the story of the little boy who was sent to Mexico to live with his Grandmother.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    Quote Originally Posted by SecureTheBorder
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    doesn't matter... The courts will say it is "Unconstitutional", and render any vote moot.
    If this debate makes its way to the supreme court, I'd say there's a decent chance they'll rule that the 14th amendment wasn't intended for anchor babies. Or at least one can hope...
    YES.. we can hope...
    It would be highly non-NAU-productive, but to hell with the NAU, its unconstitutional anyway. The Supreme Court would be pressured big time from both sides. Get your tickets here!

And hopefully, there wouldn't be more than 6 months from the time of the ruling until it was implemented into law, as every illegal woman out there would be desperate to get pregnant and drop their last anchor baby before this law was enforced!
    They are already my friend...
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

I know that for Mexicans they can just walk into any Mexican Consulate and get Mexican citizenship for their American born children.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Texas is being run by the WH - don't look for anything from our state government.

Actually, someone said that these babies actuallly have dual citizenship. Does anyone know?

I think that was in the story of the little boy who was sent to Mexico to live with his Grandmother.

if only a few states refuse citizenship to anchors the illegals will just squirt the anchors out in states that don't have these laws in place. causing an even bigger burden to the health care systems in those states. here in illinois we already have budget shortfalls do to the ever increasing burden of illegals... that said i still hope they pass these VERY necessary laws.

The young man from Oregon was not sent to Mexico to be with his grandmother but a deal was struck with the grand mother and the foster parents for the child to stay here and be adopted by his foster parents .. Grand mother does have visition rights ..

Banned
    All anchors born in this country now have duel citizenship

It was just passed not to long ago by the mexican congress

"where ever there is a mexican is mexico"

We actually have elected officials in this country that are also
    serving in mexico as officials

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast