Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

French Authorities Secure Concert Hall: 12 Freed, 100 Dead

French Authorities Secure Concert Hall: 12 Freed, 100 Dead

CONNOR D. WOLF
    Reporter
    7:48 PM 11/13/2015

Authorities have confirmed Paris police have retaken the concert hall Friday night where terrorist gunmen killed at least 100 hostages.

The concert hall was secured after a police raid, reports Fox News. Terrorists in the concert hall were reportedly executing hostages one-by-one, and at least 100 are reported dead. Twelve hostages were freed after the raid.

The incident was part of a coordinated attack happening throughout the French capital. More attacks outside a soccer stadium and bar were also reported. Over a hundred people are reported to have been killed.

Earlier French police arrested a suspected terrorist involved. The suspect is reportedly from Syria. Gunman were reported at the concert hall, one of themyelling “this is for Syria,” according to reports. Three gunmen were reportedly killed during the police raid.

A second shooting took place at the Petit Cambodge restaurant in the 10th district, with witnesses reporting bodies lying in the road. As many as six other attacks have also been reported as well but not confirmed. At least two suicide bombers were reported.

French President Francois Hollande announced earlier in the evening that borders have been closed and the military has been dispatched to the streets. Hollande, who was inside the soccer stadium at the time of the explosions, was evacuated to the Interior Ministry.
    Follow Connor on Twitter
    Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/13/fr...reed-100-dead/

Paris attacks: shootings and explosions leave at least 158 dead

Around 158 people thought to have died in siege at Bataclan concert hall alone after apparently coordinated series of gun and bomb attacks in city centre

Rescuers evacuate an injured person on Boulevard des Filles du Calvaire, close to the Bataclan concert hall. Photograph: Miguel Medina/AFP/Getty ImagesAngelique Chrisafis andPeter Walker

Friday 13 November 2015 19.38 EST

At least 158 people have died in Paris in a seemingly coordinated wave of gun and suicide bomb attacks, prompting the French president, François Hollande, to declare a state of emergency and shut the country’s borders.

What seems likely to be the most deadly terrorist attack in Europe since the 2004 train bombings in Madrid, saw gun attacks at a rock concert and two restaurants, along with a series of blasts near the Stade de France, where the national side were playing Germany in an international football match.
    Police official told AP two of the incidents near the stadium involved suicide attacks, with three people reported killed.

By far the bloodiest of the incidents on Friday evening saw around 100 people killed at a concert by a US rock group when gunmen opened fire inside the Bataclan concert venue, in the 11th arrondissement. Many people in the crowd were reportedly held hostage before armed police stormed the venue, killing two attackers and revealing the scale of the horror inside.

One concert-goer, Julien Pierce, a journalist from Europe 1 radio, said he saw two or three men armed with Kalashnikov-type rifles burst in mid-day through the concert and begin “shooting blindly at the crowd” for a number of minutes.

“Everyone was running in all directions towards the stage,” he said. “It was a stampede and even I was trampled on. I saw a lot of people hit by bullets. The gunmen had loads of time to reload at least three times. They weren’t masked; they knew what they were doing; they were very young.”
    The authorities warned people to remain indoors where possible and closed the Métro system.

The attacks come ten months after 20 people died during attacks by Islamist gunmen on the offices of the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, located close to the Bataclan theatre, and a kosher supermarket in Paris.

Hollande cancelled plans to attend this weekend’s G20 summit in Turkey and convened a cabinet meeting. In a TV address to the nation he said he had declared a state of emergency.

“This is a terrible ordeal that again assails us,” he said. “We know where it comes from, who these criminals are, who these terrorists are.”

He said the attackers wanted “to scare us and fill us with dread”. He added: “There is dread, but in the face of this dread, there is a nation that knows how to defend itself, that knows how to mobilise its forces and, once again, will defeat the terrorists.”

The state of emergency would be in force across France, Hollande said, meaning some place might be closed, and people searched. He continued: “Th second decision I have made is to close the borders. We must ensure that no one enters to commit any crimes and that those who have committed the crimes that we have unfortunately seen can also be arrested if they should leave the territory.”
    • Scores killed in incidents across the French capital

The events brought immediate international condemnation, with the US president, Barack Obama, calling it “an attack on all of humanity and the universal values we share”.

Obama said he did not want to speculate on who might have carried out the attacks, but said the US was ready to help “our oldest ally”.
    “Those who think they can terrorise France or their values are wrong,” he said. “Liberté, égalité and fraternité are values that we share, and they are going to endure far beyond any act of terrorism.”
    The German chancellor, Angela Merkel, said she was “deeply shaken by the news and pictures that are reaching us from Paris.”

David Cameron, who is still expected to travel to the G20 summit, said he was shocked by the events. “Our thoughts and prayers are with the French people. We will do whatever we can to help.”

The Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn, said: “My thoughts are with the people of Paris tonight.”
    Senior British officials are expected to hold an emergency meeting in Whitehall on Saturday as the UK assesses the implications of the Paris attack.
    Britain’s intelligence agencies moved quickly on Friday night to offer assistance to their French counterparts. The British embassy in Paris was placed on “full response mode”.

It is understood, however, that officials are unlikely to raise the threat level in the UK which is currently set at the second highest level of “severe”. The highest level of “critical” is only declared if intelligence is received of an imminent attack in the UK. Threat levels in the UK are set by the Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre and the domestic security service MI5.

Witnesses said a number of people had died when gunmen fired inside a restaurant in the 10th arrondissement of the city. A police official said 11 people had died there, with reports saying there were more deaths.

“I was on my way to my sister’s when I heard shots being fired. Then I saw three people dead on the ground. I know they were dead because they were being wrapped up in plastic bags,” student Fabien Baron told Reuters.
    In the rue de Charonne, customers at the Carillon bar and restaurant heard an explosion at around 9.20pm, and assumed it was a firecracker.

Witnesses said a man then appeared and fired a first salvo at the bar and a second at a Vietnamese restaurant, the Petit Cambodge, opposite. The man was then reported to have entered Le Carillon and fired “lots of volleys”.

One man who lives near the Petit Cambodge said he initially thought the gunfire was fireworks. Another witness told AFP: “Everyone was on the floor, no one moved A girl was carried by a young man in his arms. She appeared to be dead.”

At the Bataclan venue, reporters outside saw hundreds of officers carrying machine-guns outside before the building was stormed.

Among those still unaccounted for there were members of the band playing at the time, Californian rock group Eagles of Death Metal. The Facebook page of the band, a spin-off from the better-known Queens of the Stone Age, said they were “currently trying to determine the safety and whereabouts of all our band and crew”.

“It was carnage,” said Marc Coupris, 57, still shaking after being freed from the Bataclan venue. “It looked like a battlefield, there was blood everywhere, there were bodies everywhere. I was at the far side of the hall when shooting began. There seemed to be at least two gunmen. They shot from the balcony.

“Everyone scrabbled to the ground. I was on the ground with a man on top of me and another one beside me up against a wall. We just stayed still like that. At first we kept quiet. I don’t know how long we stayed like that, it seemed like an eternity.”

“It was horrible, there were so many corpses, I just can’t talk about it,” said a bearded man in a T-shirt as he ran down the street from the Bataclan in shock.

The French TV station BFMTV said the gunmen who attacked the Bataclan had shouted “It’s for Syria” before opening fire.

Images taken by people living near the Bataclan showed bodies in the street, covered by sheets thrown down by local residents.

A witness called Anna, who lives near the Bataclan, said they heard firing and “threw ourselves on the ground”. In a shaky voice, she told BFMTV. “We saw people running and people with guns. The whole area is sealed off. We don’t know what is happening here. Oh my god there’s a body there. This is horrible.”

Hollande was attending the football game at the Stade de France when the attacks began. The blasts could be heard by the crowd, causing panic as people spilled into the field and the PA announcer asked people to avoid certain exits.

Hollande rushed back to the interior ministry for crisis talks with the prime minister, Manuel Valls, and interior minister, Bernard Cazeneuve, and later called the emergency cabinet meeting. Hollande then joined Cazeneuve in visiting the scene of the attack at the Bataclan venue.

“The terrorists who were not far from here were killed,” Hollande said on television after visiting a security command centre near the concert hall.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...sions-hostages

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn