Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

For Justthefacts, you need a quote for your music days. How about a spin off of Steve's.

"NO Relaxationation without Deportation"?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012
    For Justthefacts, you need a quote for your music days. How about a spin off of Steve's.

"NO Relaxationation without Deportation"?
    I seem to have only 2 or 3 fans of the Friday relax time , Maybe if it
    gets more popular and William doesn't put the jinx to it , Maybe I'll have a quote contest

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    Ronnie James Dio RIP...... What a one of a kind voice In the rock and roll world,he will be missed.... Thanks for the video caped crusader.... TS
    Thats quite a rare concert , I use to have it on VHS vid

Thats why you gotta love Youtube , you can find so much of that stuff on there. I use to think Napster was the bomb , I spent hours digging up old stuff , I was bummed when it shut down

But Youtube is better , Like Napster on steroids

Banned
    Some sad news today from the world of rock.... Rock guitar star Gary Moore dies aged 58 6 February 2011/ The renowned rock guitarist Gary Moore has died in a hotel room while on holiday in Spain.

Moore, 58, originally from Belfast, was a former member of the legendary Irish group Thin Lizzy.

Thin Lizzy manager Adam Parsons told the BBC he was found early on Sunday.

Moore was originally drafted into Thin Lizzy by its late frontman Phil Lynott. He later gained acclaim for his solo work and was a former member of the Irish group Skid Row.

The Northern Ireland guitarist was only 16 when he moved from Belfast to Dublin in 1969, to join Skid Row, which featured Lynott as lead vocalist.

He was later brought into Thin Lizzy by Lynott to replace the departing Eric Bell, another guitarist from Northern Ireland.

Lynott died in 1986 but a new line-up of Thin Lizzy continues to tour.

Bell told the BBC on Sunday he was still "in shock" at Moore's death while on holiday in the Costa del Sol.

"I still can't believe it," he said.

"He was so robust, he wasn't a rock casualty, he was a healthy guy.

Parisienne Walkways

"He was a superb player and a dedicated musician."

Scott Gorham of Thin Lizzy said it been a pleasure to share a stage with Moore.

"Playing with Gary during the Black Rose era was a great experience, he was a great player and a great guy," he said.

"I will miss him."

Niall Stokes, the editor of the Irish music magazine, Hot Press, described Moore as a "genius".

A message on Moore's official website says: "It is with deep sorrow and regret, that we have to announce that Gary Moore passed away while on holiday in Spain last night."

The lead guitarist received critical acclaim for his work on the 1974 Thin Lizzy album, Nightlife, but would never be constrained by the music group format.

A year earlier, he had released his first solo album Grinding Stone and his virtuoso playing was to make him a recognised artist in his own right.

Although returning to Thin Lizzy briefly in the late 1970s, his solo work continued to garner interest and he also enjoyed UK chart success with Lynott, via singles Parisienne Walkways and Out In The Fields.

Throughout his career, Moore was to embrace a range of genres including blues, metal and hard rock.

He performed on stage with a range of major artists and released 20 studio albums.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12377862

Banned
    Un Freakin real

I missed this completely

Gary was a monster guitar player

R.I.P Gary Moore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFUW621l ... re=related

"Empty Rooms" solo

Now I'm really sad

April
    ALERT!!! Help shut down Illegal Alien License Mills!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-227270.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123