Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Frist..Protecting the Flag isn't Pandering

Frist: Protecting the Flag Isn't Pandering
    By DOUGLASS K. DANIEL, Associated Press Writer
    59 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Amending the Constitution to prohibit flag burning may be considered political posturing in the nation's capital, says Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, but it's not pandering to the GOP's conservative base to pursue such protection.

"It's important to the heart and soul of the American people," said Frist, R-Tenn., who is considering a White House bid in 2008.

Asked on "Fox News Sunday" if flag burning and gay marriage were the most important issues the Senate can address in June, Frist said the agenda will focus on securing the country and its values.

"I'm going to Arlington Cemetery tomorrow, and I'm going to see that American flag waving on every single grave over there," Frist said the day before Memorial Day ceremonies at the military cemetery.

"And when you look at that flag and then you tell me that right now people in this country are saying it's OK to desecrate that flag and to burn it and to not pay respect to it _ is that important to our values as a people when we've got 130,000 people fighting for our freedom and liberty today? That is important."

Frist defended a constitutional ban on gay marriage because "that union between a man and a woman is the cornerstone of our society. It is under attack today." At work against such amendments to state constitutions are "activist judges, unelected activist judges," he said.

___
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Meanwhile, Frist votes to give amnesty to all the illegals who want it, and does nothing to secure the border.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that constitutes protecting the flag.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that constitutes protecting the flag.
    Got that right.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"I'm going to Arlington Cemetery tomorrow, and I'm going to see that American flag waving on every single grave over there," Frist said the day before Memorial Day ceremonies at the military cemetery.
    What a shame this traitorous snake is allowed to go to Arlington. Then he will return to the U.S. Senate and continue his work to surrender the country to Mexico without a shot being fired.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A two-headed snake.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Who is in control?

Frist is a hypocrite who probably never served a day of his life in the service of our country. By selling out the ideals that those buried in Arlington and veterans as myself who fought to protect, defend and preserve he has dishonored the gallant sacrifices made by all veterans. He has no business at Arlington as his presence stains the honor of those who made the ultimate sacrifice to secure the blessings of liberty for all Americans.