Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FW: Cheap Tomatoes???

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 2:10:06 PM
    Subject: FW: Cheap Tomatoes???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This English teacher has phrased it the best I've seen yet

Tomatoes and Cheap Labor

CHEAP TOMATOES?

This should make everyone think, be you Democrat, Republican or Independent

From a California school teacher

As you listen to the news about the student protests over illegal Immigration,
    there are some things that you should be aware of:

I am in charge of the English-as-a-second-language department at a large
    southern California high school which is designated a Title 1 school, meaning
    that its students average lower socioeconomic and income levels.

Most of the schools you are hearing about, South Gate High, Bell Gardens ,
    Huntington Park , etc., where these students are protesting, are also Title 1
    schools.

Title 1 schools are on the free breakfast and free lunch program. When I say
    free breakfast, I'm not talking a glass of milk and roll -- but a full breakfast
    and cereal bar with fruits and juices that would make a Marriott proud. The
    waste of this food is monumental, with trays and trays of it being dumped in the
    trash uneaten. (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK) I estimate that well over 50% of these
    student S are obese or at least moderately overweight. About 75% or more DO have
    cell phones. The school also provides day care centers for the unwed teenage
    pregnant girls (some as young as 13) so they can attend class without the
    inconvenience of having to arrange for babysitters or having family watch their
    kids. (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I was ordered to spend $700,000 on my department or risk losing fundi ng for
    the upcoming year even though there was little need for anything; my budget was
    already substantial.. I ended up buying new computers for the computer learning
    center, half of which, one month later, have been carved with graffiti by the
    appreciative students who obviously feel humbled and grateful to have a free
    education in America . (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I have had to intervene several times for young and substitute teachers whose
    classes consist of many illegal immigrant students here in the country
    less then 3 months who raised so much hell with the female teachers, calling
    them 'Putas' whores and throwing things that the teachers were in tears.

Free medical, free education, free food, day care etc., etc, etc. Is it any
    wonder they feel entitled to not only be in this country but to demand rights,
    privileges and entitlements?

To those who want to point out how much these illegal immigrants contribute to
    our society because they LIKE their gardener and housekeeper and they like to
    pay less for tomatoes: spend some time in the real world of illegal Immigration
    and see the TRUE costs.

Higher insurance, medical facilities closing, higher medical costs, more crime,
    lower standards of education in our schools, overcrowding, new diseases etc.,
    etc, etc. For me, I'll pay more for tomatoes.

We need to wake up. The guest worker program will be a disaster because we
    won't have the guts to enforce it. Does anyone in their right mind really think
    they will voluntarily leave and return?

There are many hardworking Hispanic/American citizens that contribute to our
    country and many that I consider my true friends. We should encourage and accept
    those Hispanics who have done it the right and legal way.

It does, however, have everything to do with culture: A third- world culture
    that does not value education, that accepts childre n getting pregnant and
    dropping out of school by 15 and that refuses to assimilate, and an American
    culture that has become so weak and worried about 'politically correctness'
    That we don't have the will to do anything about it.

If this makes your blood boil, as it did mine, forward this to everyone you
    know.

CHEAP LABOR? Isn't that what the whole immigration issue is about?

Business doesn't want to pay a decent wage.

Consumers don't want expensive produce.

Government will tell you Americans don't want the jobs.

But the bottom line is cheap labor. The phrase 'cheap labor' is a myth, a
    farce, and a lie. There is no such thing as 'cheap labor.'

Take, for example, an illegal alien with a wife and five children. He takes a
    job for $5.00 or $6.00/hour. At that wage, with six dependents, he pays no
    income tax, yet at the end of the year, if he files an Income Tax Return , he
    gets an 'earned income credit' of up to $3,200 free.

He qualifies for Section 8 housing and subsidized rent.

He qualifies for food stamps.

He qualifies for free (no deductible, no co-pay) health care.

His children get free breakfasts and lunches at school.

He requires bilingual teachers and books.

He qualifies for relief from high energy bills.

If they are or become, aged, blind or disabled, they qualify for SSI. Once
    qualified for SSI they can qualify for Medicare. All of this is at (our)
    taxpayer's expense.

He doesn't worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners insurance.

Taxpayers provide Spanish language signs, bulletins and printed material.

He and his family receive the equivalent of $20.00 to $30.00/hour in benefits.

Working Americans are lucky to have $5.00 or $6.00/hour left after paying their
    bills and his.

The American taxpayers also pay for increased crime, graffiti and trash
    clean-up.

Cheap labor? YEAH RIGHT! Wake up people. THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS WE SHOULD BE
    ADDRESSING TO THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR EITHER PARTY. 'AND WHEN
    THEY LIE TO US AND DON'T DO AS THEY SAY, WE SHOULD REPLACE THEM AT ONCE!'

THIS HAS TO BE PASSED ALONG TO AS MANY AS POSSIBLE OR WE WILL ALL GO DOWN THE
    DRAIN BECAUSE A FEW DON'T CARE.

WE CANNOT AFFORD TO BE THE WELFARE STATE FOR THE WORLD!!

Banned
    CHEAP TOMATOES?
    leads to
    ROTTON TOMATOES !!!

Re: FW: Cheap Tomatoes???

Sounds like Houston schools.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tex_2585_8538
    Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 2:10:06 PM
    Subject: FW: Cheap Tomatoes???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This English teacher has phrased it the best I've seen yet

Tomatoes and Cheap Labor

CHEAP TOMATOES?

This should make everyone think, be you Democrat, Republican or Independent

From a California school teacher

As you listen to the news about the student protests over illegal Immigration,
    there are some things that you should be aware of:

I am in charge of the English-as-a-second-language department at a large
    southern California high school which is designated a Title 1 school, meaning
    that its students average lower socioeconomic and income levels.

Most of the schools you are hearing about, South Gate High, Bell Gardens ,
    Huntington Park , etc., where these students are protesting, are also Title 1
    schools.

Title 1 schools are on the free breakfast and free lunch program. When I say
    free breakfast, I'm not talking a glass of milk and roll -- but a full breakfast
    and cereal bar with fruits and juices that would make a Marriott proud. The
    waste of this food is monumental, with trays and trays of it being dumped in the
    trash uneaten. (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK) I estimate that well over 50% of these
    student S are obese or at least moderately overweight. About 75% or more DO have
    cell phones. The school also provides day care centers for the unwed teenage
    pregnant girls (some as young as 13) so they can attend class without the
    inconvenience of having to arrange for babysitters or having family watch their
    kids. (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I was ordered to spend $700,000 on my department or risk losing fundi ng for
    the upcoming year even though there was little need for anything; my budget was
    already substantial.. I ended up buying new computers for the computer learning
    center, half of which, one month later, have been carved with graffiti by the
    appreciative students who obviously feel humbled and grateful to have a free
    education in America . (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I have had to intervene several times for young and substitute teachers whose
    classes consist of many illegal immigrant students here in the country
    less then 3 months who raised so much hell with the female teachers, calling
    them 'Putas' V******V and throwing things that the teachers were in tears.

Free medical, free education, free food, day care etc., etc, etc. Is it any
    wonder they feel entitled to not only be in this country but to demand rights,
    privileges and entitlements?

To those who want to point out how much these illegal immigrants contribute to
    our society because they LIKE their gardener and housekeeper and they like to
    pay less for tomatoes: spend some time in the real world of illegal Immigration
    and see the TRUE costs.

Higher insurance, medical facilities closing, higher medical costs, more crime,
    lower standards of education in our schools, overcrowding, new diseases etc.,
    etc, etc. For me, I'll pay more for tomatoes.

We need to wake up. The guest worker program will be a disaster because we
    won't have the guts to enforce it. Does anyone in their right mind really think
    they will voluntarily leave and return?

There are many hardworking Hispanic/American citizens that contribute to our
    country and many that I consider my true friends. We should encourage and accept
    those Hispanics who have done it the right and legal way.

It does, however, have everything to do with culture: A third- world culture
    that does not value education, that accepts childre n getting pregnant and
    dropping out of school by 15 and that refuses to assimilate, and an American
    culture that has become so weak and worried about 'politically correctness'
    That we don't have the will to do anything about it.

If this makes your blood boil, as it did mine, forward this to everyone you
    know.

CHEAP LABOR? Isn't that what the whole immigration issue is about?

Business doesn't want to pay a decent wage.

Consumers don't want expensive produce.

Government will tell you Americans don't want the jobs.

But the bottom line is cheap labor. The phrase 'cheap labor' is a myth, a
    farce, and a lie. There is no such thing as 'cheap labor.'

Take, for example, an illegal alien with a wife and five children. He takes a
    job for $5.00 or $6.00/hour. At that wage, with six dependents, he pays no
    income tax, yet at the end of the year, if he files an Income Tax Return , he
    gets an 'earned income credit' of up to $3,200 free.

He qualifies for Section 8 housing and subsidized rent.

He qualifies for food stamps.

He qualifies for free (no deductible, no co-pay) health care.

His children get free breakfasts and lunches at school.

He requires bilingual teachers and books.

He qualifies for relief from high energy bills.

If they are or become, aged, blind or disabled, they qualify for SSI. Once
    qualified for SSI they can qualify for Medicare. All of this is at (our)
    taxpayer's expense.

He doesn't worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners insurance.

Taxpayers provide Spanish language signs, bulletins and printed material.

He and his family receive the equivalent of $20.00 to $30.00/hour in benefits.

Working Americans are lucky to have $5.00 or $6.00/hour left after paying their
    bills and his.

The American taxpayers also pay for increased crime, graffiti and trash
    clean-up.

Cheap labor? YEAH RIGHT! Wake up people. THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS WE SHOULD BE
    ADDRESSING TO THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR EITHER PARTY. 'AND WHEN
    THEY LIE TO US AND DON'T DO AS THEY SAY, WE SHOULD REPLACE THEM AT ONCE!'

THIS HAS TO BE PASSED ALONG TO AS MANY AS POSSIBLE OR WE WILL ALL GO DOWN THE
    DRAIN BECAUSE A FEW DON'T CARE.

WE CANNOT AFFORD TO BE THE WELFARE STATE FOR THE WORLD!!

TRUE. ILLEGAL ALIENS ARE NOT A SOURCE OF CHEAP LABOR, THEY ARE A SOURCE OF SUBSIDIZED LABOR. SUBSIDIZED BY THE USA TAXPAYER.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is one of the best I have ever read,but also depressing.Even the part about cheap tomatos in the media is crap-I go to the farmers market and buy home grown by american small farmers and pay 1.oo a pound for tomatoes and all the fruit and veggies are 2 thirds less than the grocery store according to the media the prices should be higher at the flea market.This crap goes on in greensboro nc where the inner city schools get all the best equitment ,computers etc while the county school has to raise money and teachers spend thier own money on supplies.Why do you think you see so much road work -contracters give to the politicians and in return get contracts and also have to spend the money to get that or more from the feds next year.The truth behind the illegal immigration is a few people getting rich and politicians backing these crooks for campaign donations.The housing builders claim they need cheap labor.Are houses going down?NO!! My cousin use to clean up newly constructed house for 200.00 to 400.00 per house -the illegals have knocked her out of business.Funny, the greedy building company will have a million or 2 in the 10 years they paid less,not paying social security etc but they will give it all back in paying taxes,social programs ,reparations for mexican american war 1848 or whatever the pemanent majority party (democrats) will come up with.The republican party is sealing its own fate with free trade and amnesty.The republican party did not lose power in california because of prop 87, they lost because of floods of illegals(Bob dornan who kissed illegal alien butt was throw out of his district by sanchez with illegal alien votes) Prop 87 should have been passed in 1967 and califonia would still be in play in elections.I met william during the campaign in 2004 when almost no politican would mention illegal immigration.We lsot that race for congress but william told me his idea for ali-pac and I do not think he has realized the impact that he has had and probably has saved lives because alipac has made the feds do a little something.Darrell