Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Garrido going Democrat!

Today’s Update

Go Democrats GoDem.org

Hispanics Turn to Democrats

Hispanic voters, many of whom (including me) responded favorably to President Bush’s campaign appeals emphasizing patriotism, family and religious values in Spanish-language media in 2004, now need to turn away from the administration on immigration and a host of other issues. Polarization on immigration brought about by Lou Dobbs, Kyl, Hayworth, Tancredo, Sensenbrenner and others expose true beliefs in not supporting comprehensive immigration reform. Therefore, the only way to make change in Washington is to have all American Hispanics vote for Democrats in 2006.

Some of the reasons I am changing my registration from Republican to Democrat this week:

· The Senate on Thursday voted to make English the national language of the United States, a historic move that arose out of its debate of comprehensive immigration reform. The vote also appeared to be an important moment of reaction against multiculturalism in the U.S. In recent weeks, large protests across the U.S. by supporters of immigrant rights have pointed to America's increasingly polyglot future. Although the immigration bill passed by the House last year doesn't have a similar provision, there is a separate "official English" bill in the House with strong support. The Senate's action on Thursday raises the prospect that when Senate and House members meet to iron out differences in their immigration bills, the final product will include an "official English" provision. Senator Inhofe's legislation originally called for English to be the nation's "official" language. But to draw enough support to pass his amendment, he made a subtle change, calling for English to be the "national" language. To some, this softened the measure slightly, but supporters said it made little difference. Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid of Nevada said the legislation struck him as invidious--if not in motivation, then in result. "While the intent may not be there, I really believe this amendment is racist," he said. "I think it's directed basically at people who speak Spanish."

· This past week CNN's Wolf Blitzer asked the United States Attorney General if his grandparents were legal or illegal. If the Attorney General was not an American of Hispanic heritage, this question would never been asked. I consider it racist. Full transcript below:

BLITZER: Give us your — tell our viewers who aren’t familiar your personal story, how you got to where you are, your grandparents, your parents. They struggled, they came here. I don’t know if they came here legally or illegally. But give us the story.

GONZALES: Well, three of my grandparents were born in Mexico. They came to Texas. My parents — both my parents were born in Texas extremely poor. My mother…

BLITZER: When they came to Texas, were they legally documented, were they un-legally documented?

GONZALES: You know what? It’s unclear. It’s unclear.

And I’ve looked at this issue, I’ve talked to my parents about it and it’s just not clear.

But in any event, my mother had a 2nd grade education — my father had a 2nd grade education, my mother had a 6th grade education. And my father worked construction. But in any event, my mother had a 2nd grade education — my father had a 2nd grade education, my mother had a 6th grade education. And my father worked construction.

And so, for me, my life has — represents the American dream.

I have been a life time Republican but now I believe all American Hispanics would be better represented in Washington by Democrats. I now encourage all American Hispanics to move to become Democrats.

To promote this move, requires a marketing promotion and we need help to implement and promote this program to urge all American Hispanics to vote for Democrats in 2006.

Today, I purchased the domain name GoDem.org on the Internet and within 24 hours will be up on the Internet. This week Go Dem will be registered as a non profit and upon approval as a non profit corporation, an application to IRS will be submitted to IRS to become a 501 c 3 to make donations tax exempt.

Donations made now, prior to IRS approval, will still be tax exempt this year upon IRS approval. I have today set up a Pal Pay account for donations at Hispanic News.

Today, I established an account with www.GoBlue.org for donations.

Today, I contacted the National Democratic Committee in Washington to see how we can help bring change in November.

Hispanic News and AX will continue the boycotts. The Senate bill may make it out of the Senate but a train wreck is forthcoming when the House and Senate meet to reconcile the proposed bills. Yesterday, I listened to Sensenbrenner as he was interviewed by CBS. Sensenbrenner is dead set opposed to a guest worker program. Yesterday I listen to Charlie Norwood R-GA and Lindsey Graham, R-SC on Meet the Press. Norwood is a strong supporter of Sensenbrenner and is strongly opposed to a guest worker program. He stated the House will not move on this. Graham, one of the few articulate intellectuals on the Republican side approaches immigration with the need to do something reasonable.

The probability of a bill reaching the White House for signature prior to the 2006 elections is very very low. This is why we need to continue the boycotts and moving everyone to vote for Democrats.

Regards,

Jon Garrido

www.Hispanic.cc

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

"You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire!"

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

Hispanic News, ranked number 4 by Google of 67 million websites, is the largest daily publication of news articles and editorials of interest to Hispanics in the USA and Latin America.

Jon Garrido is owner and CEO of Hispanic News and Chairman of the AX Board and executive
    What Goes Around Comes Around

Why not register Independent instead?

saltydog,
    What is the URL for this story? I would like to send it to a couple of Republicans.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If Jon Garrido is asking hispanics to vote democrat because Inhofe pushed through an amendment to make English the national language, it shows the Republicans must be doing something right! It is morally reprehensible for Senator Reid to get up on the senate floor pandering to the hispanic vote to say it was Racist to try to make English our national language! this is America folks, it is not Mexico, here in America English has always been the unifying language. If immigrants don't like that fact, they need to go home so they can continue to speak their native language. They need to conform to our laws and language instead of trying to force America and her citizens to conform to their culture!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    If Jon Garrido is asking hispanics to vote democrat because Inhofe pushed through an amendment to make English the national language, it shows the Republicans must be doing something right! It is morally reprehensible for Senator Reid to get up on the senate floor pandering to the hispanic vote to say it was Racist to try to make English our national language! this is America folks, it is not Mexico, here in America English has always been the unifying language. If immigrants don't like that fact, they need to go home so they can continue to speak their native language. They need to conform to our laws and language instead of trying to force America and her citizens to conform to their culture!
    Nittygritty I couldn't agree with you more. You are SO right!!

Newmexican....I pasted this off of an e-mail I received from Garrido. I continue to be on his "mailing list" although I have requested to be removed. He does show his website I believe.
    What Goes Around Comes Around