Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

GERALDO RIVERA: Read This Before Voting on the DREAM Act

What a sad sack this Idiot Is Opinion
    GERALDO RIVERA: Read This Before Voting on the DREAM Act
    By Geraldo Rivera

Published December 02, 2010
    In my ten years at Fox News, much of it as the network’s senior war correspondent, it has been my good fortune to spend countless days and weeks at or near the front lines in Afghanistan or Iraq in the honorable company of the brave, patriotic men and women who risk everything to keep the rest of us safe. In the forward operating bases or walking the dusty, dangerous roads with them, one of the most inspirational aspects has been watching the service of tough, often urban Latino soldiers and Marines doing their duty for God and Country.

Many of those GI’s began life as gang members, others bearing the burden of being undocumented immigrants. Coming from the rough side of the tracks, you can see the obvious scars of that hard life in their tattoos or other relics from the barrios or from the other side of the border. Yet, I’ve come to appreciate that most of them, like their comrades in the Armed Forces are some of the finest, smartest, most able young men and women I have ever met. They serve with guts, determination and dignity; proud of being part of the crusade to keep this country safe.

Most of those undocumented soldiers and Marines serve under the radar of the toxic debate over the nation’s illegal aliens. That is largely a function of the fact military recruiters are not supposed to sign them up in the first place. And yet, don’t we all have fond memories of news reports covering that sacred moment when as a tribute to their honorable service in our military and their commitment to the U.S. Constitution, those foreign-born GI’s stand solemnly at attention, raise their right hands, and swear fidelity and to preserve and protect this country as citizens of the United States? So it has always been, in the World Wars, Korea, Vietnam and now; and who can deny that it makes sense for the perennially recruit-starved Services and for our embattled nation?

Yet, given the current political climate, infected as it is with an almost unreasoned passion directed against any legislative initiative that seems to favor undocumented families, (or as I am constantly reminded; ‘Geraldo, what part of illegal don’t you understand?’) the DREAM Act probably stands only a remote chance of passage. How can it succeed with one typical right-wing blogger calling it the “Treason Lobby’s DREAM Act,â€

Education or Military it doesn't matter Geraldo it's the Tax payers footing the bill. I remember my Mom saying "What! do i look like I'm made of money!"or "What'd think money grows on trees!"or my absolute favorite "NO!" They need to stop letting all these 3rd world countries drain our economy! Which is being off-shored to those same countries! How did it get to this point, while we all had our heads down working we were quickly being replaced and lulled into submission with unemployment checks! Screw you Geraldo! Trader.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Why the hell do we have illegal invaders in our military? Do we?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    To the best of my knowledege, the military doesn't accept illegal aliens.

IT'S A FACT, THEY "ILLEGALS" ARE BEING PERMITTED TO SERVE IN OUR MILITARY OBAMA GAVE CITIZENSHIP TO A GROUP OF THEM IN 09. INSTEAD OF BEING A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM OF ILLEGALS BEING HERE, OBAMA IS A VERY BIG PART OF THE PEOBLEM 2012 CAN'T GET HERE FAST ENOUGH FOR ME. WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS WHY THEY ARE BEING ALLOWED TO JOIN OUR MILITARY UNLESS IT WILL IN SOME WAY BE USED TO PUSH THE DREAM ACT THROUGH. AS FOR GERALDO AKA JERRY REYNOLDS, I CAN'T STAND HIM. HE WANT PEOPLE TO THINK THAT HIS 100% HISPANIC BUT HE'S NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by magyart
    To the best of my knowledege, the military doesn't accept illegal aliens.
    YES THEY DO

LadyStClaire, he is 100% ASS!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Training paid for by American taxpayers

Many of the drug cartels are former members of the military. Again, our tax dollars at work! There is also a "special provision" for illegals in military....called fast track to citizenship
    I am so tired of planning my life around amnesty....guess I better get everything done nights & weekends my days are spent calling congress, 8 til 4. I would just like to know what Americans have to do to make our government understand no amnesty. I am so tired....they say one thing, you vote them in, then screw us! But there is nothing we can do for years...just not right!

Re: Training paid for by American taxpayers

Quote Originally Posted by kysteelgirl
    Many of the drug cartels are former members of the military. Again, our tax dollars at work! There is also a "special provision" for illegals in military....called fast track to citizenship
    I am so tired of planning my life around amnesty....guess I better get everything done nights & weekends my days are spent calling congress, 8 til 4. I would just like to know what Americans have to do to make our government understand no amnesty. I am so tired....they say one thing, you vote them in, then screw us! But there is nothing we can do for years...just not right!

don't back down now that what they want . we are be side you we will win don't let they get the best of you . fight
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illegal aliens cannot enlist in the military.

Gheen and Sanchez Fight on CNN over Illegal Aliens Military
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amMV36RUhFo

Dixie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast