Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Geraldo Rivera says he may run for New Jersey Senate seat

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Geraldo Rivera says he may run for New Jersey Senate seat

by Adrian Carrasquillo
    4:43 pm on 01/31/2013
    nbclatino.com

Geraldo Rivera says he is seriously considering running for Senate in New Jersey. (Getty Images)

Geraldo Rivera, 69, the bombastic Fox News commentator who has made his share of controversial statements throughout his career announced on his radio show Thursday that he may very well run for Senate in New Jersey as a Republican to challenge long-time incumbent Senator Frank Lautenberg or Newark Mayor Cory Booker who has indicated he will run for the office.

“Fasten your seat belt,” he told his audience. “I am and have been in touch with some people in the Republican Party in New Jersey. I am truly contemplating running for Senate against Frank Lautenberg or Cory Booker in New Jersey.”

“I figure, at my age, if I’m going to do it, I’ve got to do it,” Rivera added.

Rivera also announced that he would seek to add nationalizing New York City’s controversial “stop and frisk” police practice to his platform should he run.

“The way you beat the whole racial profiling problem, you make it specific precinct statistics,” he said. “You can even make it block by block statistics if you want. You can have some objective criteria to beat the racial profiling constitutional problem and I’m telling you Chicago and Philly and the other cities can do what New York did dramatically cutting homicides.”

Rivera was talking to his audience and Fox News contributor Judge Andrew Napolitano, who praised Rivera, and said he would do everything in his power to help him win the seat because Geraldo is “a rare understander of the nature of human freedom and the role of government in our lives,” he said, adding, “I welcome this as a great gift at this stage in my life.”

Rivera’s eventual opponent would have plenty of sound bites to use against Rivera, who has come under fire for controversial comments. After the shooting death of Trayvon Martin he said the hoodie the teen was wearing caused him to be shot by George Zimmerman.

“I am urging the parents of black and Latino youngsters, particularly, to not let their children go out wearing hoodies,” Rivera said. “I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin’s death as George Zimmerman was.”

Whatever New Jersey voters think of the possibility of “Senator Geraldo Rivera,” they will find out soon if it will be a possibility. Rivera says he has no interest in drawing it out and will make his decision soon.

http://oneoldvet.com/

Geraldo Rivera says he may run for New Jersey Senate seat
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No thanks Geraldo! Why would we exchange one corrupt illegal alien amnesty supporter for another one like you?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)