Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Get ready for the blizzard...

I was wondering if anybody has started getting blizzard conditions yet. We have some light snow, but a good deal of wind, that is causing some problems with snowdrifts. One of our friends hit some black ice last night, and spent the night in the hospital. Be careful out there.

Nope not yet, little over cast winds about 3 out of the east at 74 degrees air temp. Hummmm, think I'll break out the Goldwing and hit the road for and hour or two.

Yes I'm being a smart butt, but I'm still warm and dry.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Okay Charles, I am jealous today. Normally I love the snow, but the wind is making me crazy. I have already shoveled a couple of times, and the snow drifts are still on my door, so when I open it up, all of the snow falls inside the house. I feel sorry for the mailman and the garbage guys, I can only imagine their frustration. I made sure the bird feeders were filled so my little friends can eat (if they can see it, it looks very white out there...they need little goggles today). At least I can stay inside for the most part. Keep those sunny images coming...we can use it today.

It's snowing but it's the tiny flakes. Like you said....it's the wind with drifts that's the problem. Already shoveled the walk twice and it looks like it was never touched. My husband tried to get to work but the drifting was impossible to get through. Well.....not impossible...just not with his car and considering it's supposed to get worse as the day goes on.......it's not worth the risk.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We are getting rain but the temp is 32/33. Has been coming down for an hour or so.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Well athough I live in sunny Calif. it is dreary out where I live right now and we are supposed to get rain this afternoon. Being from back east originally though, I can sympathize with those of you in the snowbelt. I have lived through those blizzards. Not much fun and even worse if you are driving in it.

81 degrees and sunny out right now down here in Florida

It is supposed to turn to rain by the time it reaches me, with 60mph wind gusts.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

We have a sheet of ice under snow that we received yesterday. My police scanner has been busy all morning with accident reports. Most of the people in the accidents in town have had Texas plates and most have had hispanic names. The interstate that goes by my town has had a lot of rollovers. It's a good day to stay home.

Well, did about an hour ridding up and down the beach front. Sure was nice, no heavy leather coat just a t shirt. Traffic was light so didn't have to worry about to many Kamikaze drives trying to nail me . Ocean sure looked nice blue/green and flat today.

Now don't get me wrong I love snow as long as it falls today and is long gone tomorrow(AM).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast