Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Getting 'Em Ready for Legalization!

I found this website operated by the Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc.
    http://www.cliniclegal.org/Legalization ... tions.html
    I've noticed it says nothing about getting in line and filing the correct paperwork and waiting one's turn to enter the US legally. It's about waiting it out until some avenue to legalization opens up, which they predict will be soon. It solicits for groups which can become Board of Immigration Appeals Recognized Agencies and has this short, helpful checklist for "undocumented foreign nationals" who will, in the future, become ready for Legalization:

1. Identity
    2.Good moral Character
    3. Physical presence or residency in the United States

1. Identity? How many different identities would their clients have conceivably used while they have been here? Inconsistency is a hallmark of illegal behavior.
    2. Good moral character? Illegal alien males ( of appropriate age) who are not registered with Selective Service have already committed a serious felony under federal law. Apart from illegal presence in the US how many other crimes might be lurking in such persons background? Tax evasion? Reckless endangerment? Lying to authorities?
    3. Physical presence or residency in the US?

Which leads me to another question. When the Immigration Reform and Control Act was passed under President Reagan would it not have had similar stipulations? Were these met, adhered to or even recognized? How, in fact, was the IRCA administrated to ensure that there were no violations?

This website contends that it is not providing legal advice. Perhaps not but how do you spell: H-A-R-B-O-R-I-N-G?
    I wonder how many other organizations they are networked to?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Getting 'Em Ready for Legalization!

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    Which leads me to another question. When the Immigration Reform and Control Act was passed under President Reagan would it not have had similar stipulations? Were these met, adhered to or even recognized? How, in fact, was the IRCA administrated to ensure that there were no violations?
    Unfortunately, none of the stipulations from Reagan's Immigration Reform legislation was implemented or recognized, which is why we are in this mess. My question is and always has been...why doesn't the President simply say "I am here to enforce the existing immigration laws"!!! As far as I know, no one has repealed or amended that act, have they? The only problem is that we've had 20 years of Bush's and Clintons, who have defied the law.

What would happen if Mitt (or someone else) would simply say...As President, I WILL enforce the existing immigration laws"! Oh, I know, I know...