Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Giant Sucking Sound Part 2: NAFTA Pacific Millions Jobs Gone

Giant Sucking Sound Part 2? The NAFTA Of The Pacific Will Soon Allow Millions More American Jobs To Be Shipped Overseas

September 7th, 2011
    103 comments
    many links on this post

The United States is negotiating one of the biggest free trade agreements in history and there is barely a peep about it on the news. Years ago, Ross Perot warned that if NAFTA was implemented there would be a "giant sucking sound" as millions of jobs left this country. It turns out that he was right. Starting on Tuesday, the next round of negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (also known as the "NAFTA of the Pacific") will begin in Chicago. We have already seen the Obama administration push hard for free trade agreements with Panama, South Korea and Colombia and the administration is making the Trans-Pacific Partnership a very high priority. Membership in the "NAFTA of the Pacific" already includes Brunei, Chile, New Zealand and Singapore. The United States, Australia, Peru, Malaysia and Vietnam are scheduled to join. Canada, Japan and South Korea are also reportedly considering membership. So once this "free trade" agreement is ratified, will we hear another "giant sucking sound" as millions more of our jobs are shipped overseas?

Look, it is not really that complicated. If you are a giant U.S. corporation, you can either make stuff here, or you can make stuff overseas where it is far, far less expensive to do so.

To greedy corporate executives, there are a lot of advantages to moving operations out of the country....

*It is legal to pay slave labor wages in many of these other countries. After all, why pay an American worker 10 or 20 times as much as a worker on the other side of the globe?

*In many of these other countries you do not have to provide any health care for workers.

*In many of these other countries there are virtually no environmental controls to worry about.

*In many of these other countries there are virtually no labor standards to worry about.

*In many of these other countries you only have to deal with a fraction of the "red tape" that you have to deal with in the United States.

By merging our economies with the economies of societies that are far different from our own, we have created a "race to the bottom" that is incredibly destructive to the U.S. economy.

In Vietnam, one dollar an hour is considered to be a very good wage.

So how do you plan to compete against that?

These "free trade agreements" are direct assaults on the big, juicy paychecks of American workers.

If you do not know about the Trans-Pacific Partnership, you need to get educated.

The following is a basic introduction to the TPP from Wikipedia....

The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), also known as the Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership Agreement, is a multilateral free trade agreement that aims to further liberalise the economies of the Asia-Pacific region; specifically, Article 1.1.3 notes: “The Parties seek to support the wider liberalisation process in APEC consistent with its goals of free and open trade and investment.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Well Hey... U.S. Citizens are A-OK with it

they keep hiring Globalists in the House / Senate / POTUS

George Bush I - Globalist
    Bill Clinton - Globalist
    George Bush - Globalist
    B. H. Obama - Globalist (200 (2012)

Rick Perry - Globalist
    Mitt Romney - Globalist
    Newt Gingrich - Globalist
    Herman Cain - Former St. Louis Federal Reserve
    Hillary Clinton - Globalist (200 (2012?)
    John McCain - Globalist (200

the Deck has been Stacked and dumbed Down America Loses once more

again... the goal is to get you on wage Parity with China / India (Any of these Globalists are going to make it happen)

which means more jobs have to go for your wages to be driven down and you forced to accept them. As well, Illegal Aliens have to be given Amnesty to force you to compete for those few jobs left (Thats to break your will)

its like you dont get it ... oh well .. there is a major cost to being stupid as a Nation
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It no longer matters how cheap the shirts are at Wal Mart once your income goes to zero. Many Americans are finding this out the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    It no longer matters how cheap the shirts are at Wal Mart once your income goes to zero. Many Americans are finding this out the hard way.
    You would think every American would have woken to those facts by now. And the unions blame the Tea Party but it is their own politicians they support that are doing this. And it does not matter if they are Democrat or Republican.

So where does this all fit into Obama's job plans for Americans? Remember he told America,enough of sending our jobs overseas.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

RELATED

CAFTA vote story
    http://www.theamericanresistance.com/ar ... ul29c.html

Twist some Republican arms until they break in a thousand pieces." That statement by Representative Jim Kolbe (R-Arizona) describes the Republican leadership's rabid determination to get the U.S. House to pass the Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA) -- no matter what.
    FINAL CAFTA VOTE ROLL CALL - How did your Congressman Vote?
    http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2005/roll443.xml

NAFTA, CAFTA, and the WTO
    http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45521
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Why do so many people say that Clinton started NAFTA? It was Bush ...
    answers.yahoo.com › ... › Politics & Government › Politics - CachedSimilar
    You +1'd this publicly. Undo
    11 answers - Aug 7, 2007
    Top answer: These Bush worshipers will shift the blame to anyone that is convenient. The elder Bush did sign in on NAFTA, and the younger bush signed in on CAFTA. Both of ...

Who started NAFTA, and what was its intention?‎ - 5 answers - Feb 3, 2009
    Why/how OPEC & NAFTA started?-?‎ - 1 answer - Dec 8, 2008
    Did the downfall of our economy start with NAFTA?‎ - 6 answers - Oct 5, 2007
    Who started NAFTA....?‎ - 20 answers - May 14, 2007
    When i hear or see that giant suckin sound it reminds me of ole ROSS this man was right i voted for him everytime and would again.Clinton got the rap on NAFTA started by the ELDER BUSH which was passed in lame duck session and Clinton had to sign into law when he got in.Just like noe Bushes doing the wrong crap and who comes in behind them gets the blame.NAFTA didnt cause jobs to go over seas it was just for the U.S.Canada,and Mexico.CAFTA BY BUSH W,is why your jobs are going over seas What is CAFTA?
    www.caftaintelligencecenter.com/subpage ... _CAFTA.asp - CachedSimilar
    What is CAFTA? An Overview The United States-Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA) is the latest in a series of Free Trade ...
    everybody gets confussed on this issue.Clinton got the blame and done nothing but sign a bill in which BUSH SR.got passed.BUSH W gets cafta and everybody blames Obama.When will the BUSHES get the blame the deserve.Just like BUSH W started the gun running but nobody is calling on law makers to brig him back to stand trial for it.I believe in justice and justice should be done but BY GOD GET THEM ALL NOT JUST ONE BECAUSE HES A DEMACRAT.

Yeah.Bush Sr started the ball on NAFTA. One guy at work or where I used to work argued with me on that ,so I ran him the whole thing on NAFTA. Clinton later added to it, with the Spanish on our products and boxes.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Banned
    History of NAFTA - Purpose of NAFTA - Facts About NAFTA
    useconomy.about.com/od/tradepolicy/p/NAFTA_History.htm - CachedSimilar
    Jul 27, 2011 – When Was NAFTA Started?: NAFTA was signed by President George H.W. Bush, Mexican President Salinas, and Canadian Prime Minister ...
    Right here tells all signed by Bush Salinas and Canadas prime minister.

Banned
    The Door to CAFTA Markets
    The People
    Transportation
    Foreign Trade Zones
    Aviation and Aerospace
    Information Technology and Communications
    Multimedia
    Financial and Professional Services
    Garment, Apparel and Textiles
    Manufacturing
    Life Sciences
    Agriculture and Food Products
    Government Procurement
    Costa Rica
    Dominican Republic
    El Salvador
    Guatemala
    Honduras
    Nicaragua
    Legal Documents and Economic Analyses
    Trade Resources
    Investment Resources
    Embassies and Consulates
    Chambers of Commerce
    Related Government and FTAA Links
    Welcome to the Countries of CAFTA

To the casual observer, the Central American and Caribbean countries of CAFTA appear to be very similar. Upon closer examination, each has its own characteristics and qualities that manifest themselves in very different economies and unique business opportunities for companies. The following are brief capsules of the six countries, and links to more information—economic, business, governmental and cultural—about each.

Costa Rica

Dominican Republic

El Salvador

Guatemala

Honduras

Nicaragua

Hers the ones little Bush W. put into efect.

Banned
    World Trade Organization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Organization - CachedSimilar
    Main article: Doha Round. The Doha Development Round started in 2001 and continues today. The WTO launched the current round of negotiations, the Doha ...
    Get on this site and see how Little Bush W. srewed us again.This one right here is the main one why your jobs are going over seas. The Bush years like the Reagan years the worst damn times in AMERICAN HISTORYand people still say how great Reagan was and Bush how great he was.A dead man can see what they have cost this country and still doing so today.WTO NAFTA CAFTA Read em and weap Bush people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast