Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Glenn Beck, Money Trumps Everything

Glenn said tonight on his TV show that starting Monday, he would be showing the companies that are selling out Ameica, as well as those companies that are not pandering to illegals for profit. His program airs on CNN Headline News, at 7PM, 9PM & 12AM.

The Real Story: Money Trumps Everything
    Updated February 16, 2007

For months now we've covered story after story about illegal immigration --- everything from illegals getting in-state college tuition rates to U.S. border guards serving 11 years in prison for doing their job. None of it, none of it, has made any sense --- until now. Last night I told you that had somewhat of an epiphany earlier this week during a Presidential press conference. President Bush was responding to a question about a topic completely unrelated to immigration, but his answer brought everything together for me , "...let's put it this way, money trumps peace, sometimes. In other words, commercial interests are very powerful interests throughout the world."

Since I'm not planning to run for anything, let me be a little more honest with you then he was. The Real Story is that Money trumps Everything.

Last week I told you about a promising new cancer drug that can't get off the ground because there's no patent available on it. No patent means no profits and the drug companies aren't interested.

Money trumps everything.

Then, of course, we have the story about Bank of America expanding a program that allows people, or, more accurately, illegal immigrants -- to obtain credit cards without a social security number. But even though Bank of America is making all the headlines now, Citibank has been doing something similar with virtually no scrutiny and Wells Fargo has been offering mortgages without Social Security numbers since last year. Why? Because there are between 12 and 20 million illegal immigrants in this country and money trumps everything.

Last spring, Miller Brewing faced boycotts from Latino groups after donating money to a U.S. congressman who sponsored a bill that would've cracked down on illegal immigration. Well, you obviously can't have the $700 billion dollar Hispanic market not drinking your beer so the geniuses at Miller came up with a plan. A few months -- and $30,000 -- later Miller sponsored a large street demonstration to support the rights of illegal immigrants or, as Miller called it, quote "the free movement of people." Ohh, that's so beautiful, I'd hoist a beer in your honor if I wasn't a recovering alcoholic.

Not surprisingly the boycotts quickly disappeared. Money trumps everything.

You know, I'm the biggest capitalist around, I believe with all my heart and soul that free markets and real competition will solve almost anything. But the keyword is: "almost" because every once in a while capitalism has to stand for something other than the bottom line.

John D. Rockefeller -- a guy who was known for his extraordinarily aggressive business tactics once said, "I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity an obligation; every possession a duty." Bank of America, you do have the right to market a credit card to illegal immigrants, but you have the American responsibility not to.

Today, the Bank of America declined our invitation to come on the show and instead sent us a statement saying their program fully complies with the U.S. Patriot Act. You know what? They're absolutely right; it's completely legal. It's also legal to market lottery tickets to gambling addicts and vodka to alcoholics -- but that doesn't make it right -- or responsible, it just makes it profitable.

The greatest thing about capitalism is that everyone's got the right to make choices. You can sit there and get mad; get frustrated; scream at your TV; and yell about how everyone's only looking out for themselves; how your vote doesn't even matter anymore -- or, you too can make a choice -- a personal choice -- to support the people and companies that support what you stand for. For every Bank of America there's another bank that has no interest in selling to illegals; for every beer like Miller there's a microbrewery that has no interest in political agendas. For every company that's part of the problem, there are two others that want to be part of the solution -- but it's all about Personal Choices.

The Constitution is an amazing, living document. "WE THE PEOPLE" are its first three words and they're the answer to every problem we face; every injustice we endure. Like you, I am mad as hell -- our country has been hijacked and I WANT IT BACK. But instead of naively sitting there thinking that it's my vote that counts, I realize that the real currency -- as always -- is cash.

They're absolutely right: Money does trump everything, including those businesses selling out their country just to make more of it.
    http://www.glennbeck.com/realstory/index.shtml

Thank You Glenn for stating the Absolute TRUTH....
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Yeah Glenn. You hit it on the head. Elections are not going to save this country. Our political system is bought and paid for by corporate America.

I saw it, be sure to watch on Monday!

He is doing such an outstanding job for the American people. What a hero!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)