Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Glenn Beck: Obama: Navy Yard shooting “ought to lead to some sort of transformation”

Obama: Navy Yard shooting “ought to lead to some sort of transformation”

Monday, Sep 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM EDT
    2 Videos at the Page Link:

President Obama memorialized the victims of the Washington Navy Yard shooting on Sunday by insisting tragedies like this “ought to lead to some sort of transformation.”

“Let me quickly give you one of the highlights for the President this weekend,” Glenn said on radio this morning. “[He was talking about how] we need to have a national obsession on guns and a transformation of America on gun control.”

PRESIDENT OBAMA: These families have endured a shattering tragedy. It ought to be a shock to all of us, as a nation and as a people. It ought to obsess us. It ought to lead to some sort of transformation.

“I can’t believe how overtly they make these points,” Stu said. “It’s like what we should do is transform our country because of the emotional reaction to a terrible incident.”

“It’s chilling,” Pat added.

Video at the Page Link:

PRESIDENT OBAMA: That’s what happened in other countries when they experienced similar tragedies. In the United Kingdom, in Australia, just a single mass shooting occurred in those countries, and they understood there was nothing ordinary about this kind of carnage. They endured great heartbreak, but they also mobilized and they changed. And mass shootings became a great rarity.

“Stop just a second,” Glenn said. “So it didn’t abolish them. It became a great rarity. He is so halted in this. He knows that all of this is a lie. First of all, I’m warning you, why is he doing this… What happens when we go to war? Well, I’ll tell you what happens when we go to war: We start having shootings like this, done by Muslim extremists, done by leftists. And what happens? The president says, ‘We are clamping down. We’re getting these guns off the street because everybody else that has any kind of common sense has already done it, and ya know that’s the answer. And I’m just gonna take the steps to do it to protect the American people because we’re at war.’ And that is where he is headed. That’s what he’s setting up.”

PRESIDENT OBAMA: And yet here in the United States after the round of clock coverage on cable news, after the heartbreaking interviews with families, after all the speeches and all the punditry and all the commentary, nothing happens. We must insist here today there is nothing normal about innocent men and women being gunned down where they work.

“Jeffy, will you admit there’s nothing normal about being gunned down at work? We have to admit this,” Glenn said. “Pat, will you admit that there’s nothing normal about being gunned down at work? Stu, would you agree that there’s nothing normal? I mean how ridiculous is this? It’s not normal. We know it. There are certain trends that happen and we can look at those.”

PRESIDENT OBAMA: There’s nothing normal about our children being gunned down in their classrooms. There’s nothing normal about children dying in our streets from stray bullets. No other advanced nation endures this kind of violence. None.

Here in America the murder rate is three times what it is in other developed nations. The murder rate with guns is ten times what it is in other developed nations. It comes about because of decisions we make or fail to make. I’ve said before we cannot stop every act of senseless violence.

“I mean, there’s so many issues with that. First of all, he’s defining “advanced” – the only countries he’s counting as advanced are the ones that do better than us in these statistics,” Stu said. “And secondly there’s plenty of countries, hundreds of countries that do worse, over a hundred countries that do worse, but he’s just counting none of those as advanced… The other part of that is when he says ‘this type of violence.’ Well, I mean, I don’t know what that means. What do you mean ‘this kind of violence?’”

“We cover all of this in the book Control,” Glenn said. “We can’t even know the evil that lurks in his heart. We can’t even figure that one out. With all the stuff that’s going on and all the transformation talk, we can’t even figure out the evil that lurks in that man’s heart. How are we going to figure it out from everybody else?”

PRESIDENT OBAMA: But if we can prevent even one tragedy like this ‑‑

“One, if we can prevent even one,” Pat said. “Isn’t it worth it to throw the Constitution into the fire?”

Watch the remarks in their entirety below:

Video at the Page Link:

Front page image courtesy of the AP

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/09/23/...ransformation/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The goal explained...

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Obama’s Gun-Free Eulogy

September 24, 2013 by Ben Crystal

UPI FILE

If it had been nearly anyone else, I might have been surprised. After all, the only people willing to blame Aaron Alexis’ murderous rampage at the Washington Navy Yard on inanimate hunks of polymer and metal — as opposed to, say, Alexis — are the same anti-Bill of Rights liberals who think the phrase “gun violence” makes sense. In his disastrous 5½ year occupation of the Oval Office, the one thing President Barack Obama has been consistent about is his absolute dedication to partisan rancor, even in the face of tragedy. And that’s why Obama took to the rostrum during this past weekend’s memorial to Alexis’ victims and completely ignored Alexis — not to mention the victims — to focus on something he and his Democratic accomplices continue to refer to as “gun violence.” Another hyper-divisive Obama speech delivered from atop the graves of the innocent victims of a madman… try to contain your surprise.

According to Obama, Alexis’ killing spree was neither a result of the fact that Alexis was a gibbering psychopath nor the fact that other so-called “gun control” laws had rendered the people at the Washington Navy Yard as defenseless as were the victims of mass murders committed by mentally disturbed people, including those in Newtown, Mass., and Aurora, Colo. Instead, Alexis’ rampage should be attributed to the fact that “what’s different in America is it’s easy to get your hands on a gun.” I suspect the disarmed — and subsequently defenseless — victims of people like Alexis would probably beg to differ. For that matter, consider spending your next vacation in a maximum-security prison; the big house is a “gun-free zone,” too. Obama went on to decry “the gun violence that unleashes so much mayhem on a regular basis.” Congratulations, Alexis, James Holmes and Adam Lanza. You’ve just been exonerated by the President of the United States. Everyone else should subsequently remain on the lookout for a suspect named “gun violence.”

But Obama wasn’t the only Democrat who took a spin dancing on the as-yet-to-be-dug graves of Alexis’ victims. Vincent Gray, the mayor of the “gun-free” paradise of Washington, D.C., managed to evade the “gun violence” that plagues that paradise long enough to complain: “[O]ur country is drowning in a sea of guns.” If America is indeed “drowning,” then we can probably boost our odds of survival by avoiding the hazardous waters of “gun-free” cities.

A lunatic wielding a shotgun (known to the Democratic party as an “AR” or “military-style something-or-other”) murdered 12 people inside a “gun-free zone” located in a “gun-free” city, and Obama and his sidekick, Mayor Vinny, turned what should have been a solemn eulogy into another speech blaming an intellectually dishonest phrase the Democrats invented to keep the low-information set cowering under their beds. If Obama wanted to blame someone other than the guy who did it (and his disgracefully partisan “eulogy” indicates that he clearly does), shouldn’t he blame Vice President Joe Biden? After all, Biden is the guy who told everyone to buy shotguns.

–Ben Crystal
    Filed Under: Conservative Politics, Hot Topics, Outside the Asylum

http://personalliberty.com/2013/09/2...n-free-eulogy/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)