Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Glenn: The things that are going on in our country are impeachable offenses

Glenn: The things that are going on in our country are impeachable offenses

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at 12:46 PM EST

The establishment-backed Thom Tillis emerged victorious in yesterday’s Republican primary in North Carolina. Glenn had favored the FreedomWorks and Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) endorsed Greg Brannon in the race. Tillis will now face incumbent Senator Kay Hagen (D-NC) in the November’s general election. On radio this morning, Glenn reacted to the establishment GOP’s victory in the state and reflected on the state of the Republican Party as it relates to congressional action and the future.

Very at the Page Link:

"So last night wouldn’t be exactly what I would call a banner night for the TEA Party,” Glenn said on radio this morning. “[Matt] Bevin [in Kentucky] is next. Now they’re going to target Bevin… You put money into the GOP. And what are they doing? ‘Mitch McConnell is the guy.’ Oh my gosh, I have never felt more betrayed in my life.”
    Earlier this week, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) appointed Congressman Trey Gowdy (R-SC) to head a select committee to investigate the 2012 Benghazi attacks.
    “With four of our countrymen killed at the hands of terrorists, the American people want answers, accountability, and justice,” Boehner said. “Trey Gowdy is as dogged, focused and serious-minded as they come. His background as a federal prosecutor and his zeal for the truth make him the ideal person to lead this panel. I know he shares my commitment to get to the bottom of this tragedy and will not tolerate any stonewalling from the Obama Administration.”
    Gowdy was first elected to Congress in 2010, and he has made a name for himself for not shying away from asking tough questions and getting to the bottom of the issues. For those who would truly like to get to the bottom of what happened in Benghazi that fateful night, Gowdy is a great pick. But Glenn believes that his selection could turn out to be a setup.
    “I’m telling you, Trey Gowdy is in trouble. And here’s why I say this. Trey Gowdy was selected to run the Benghazi hearings for what reason? Why would John Boehner pick Trey Gowdy,” Glenn asked. “May I give you a hypothesis? I think John Boehner is doing it because it’s a win-win situation for John Boehner.”
    The way Glenn sees it, these investigations will surely reveal crimes and cover ups that should come with severe punishment.
    “The things that are going on in you’re country are impeachable offenses,” Glenn said. “This is not Monica Lewinsky… This is dangerous, impeachable stuff that we’re talking about… But nobody wants to do that… The American people don’t have the stomach for it… The people in Washington don’t have the stomach for it.”
    So what will happen?
    “Trey Gowdy is going to be the guy who’s leading this investigation, and he is going to go out like a pit bull, and he’s going to dig stuff up. And what did the White House already say? ‘This is an illegitimate investigation.’ ‘We’re totally fine with talking to somebody who’s reasonable, but he’s not even reasonable.’ Well, hang on just a second. Isn’t that what John McCain said about Ted Cruz [during the government shutdown],” Glenn asked. “The Republicans put Trey Gowdy in charge because… once this investigation starts to really dig things up, and the machinery turns on, and it needs somebody to grind, it won’t grind the GOP. It will grind the TEA Party. You mark my words: That’s what’s coming. That’s why [Boehner] did it.”
    The GOP has proven it is not going to stand up for the TEA Party or the more conservative elements of the Republican Party. Glenn believes they have successfully painted the TEA Party into a corner, but this is not the time to compromise on principles.
    “The GOP is not even standing for us. We’re alone… I’ve got to change my approach. We have to change our language. We have to go in a different direction because they’ve painted us in this corner, and they are very effective. We cannot compromise our principles. We cannot compromise what we believe in. But we can’t play the game that they have been playing,” Glenn concluded. “It only gets worse from here. I ask you to reflect. Think back in the last 18 months how many things have changed. How bad are things today compared to where they were 18 months ago… Where do you think we are in 18 months from now – especially if the GOP has the reins off them? Holy cow. Change your thinking. Change the world.”

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/05/07/...able-offenses/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

‘This is not a game. What is at stake is significant’: Glenn talks to KY senate candidate Matt Bevin

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at 1:40 PM EST

Video at the Page Link:

The Republican primary in Kentucky is set for Tuesday, May 20, and on radio this morning, Matt Bevin, who is challenging Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), joined Glenn for an emotional interview in which he explained why he is running and the difference he hopes to make in Washington D.C.
    “I will tell you, Matt, that I don’t think – and Pat, correct me if I’m wrong – I don’t think I’ve ever believed in a candidate more than you,” Glenn said. “I really don’t think so.”
    While Bevin remains down in the polls, his campaign is actually tracking much in the same way McConnell’s did when he first ran for office.
    “He was actually – with less than three months to go – over 40% behind,” Bevin said of McConnell. “Kentuckians, we do not wear our sentiment politically on our sleeve. We don’t spill our guts in polls. We go in the voting booth, and we know what needs to be done. We don’t listen when they say, ‘Disregard that eye doctor from Bowling Green.’ We elect guys like Rand Paul. This is Kentucky, and we don’t care what the echo chamber in Washington D.C., thinks or cares or talks about. This is something that we need to because it needs to be done.”
    The establishment GOP has poured a lot of money into protecting McConnell, but Bevin encouraged those who are frustrated with the status quo to consider the alternative this election cycle.
    “He is a fraud. And I’ll tell you, the people, though, have a chance to do something about it,” Bevin said. “I’m begging your listeners and the people of Kentucky and across this country: If ever you have cared, care now. If ever you are going to rise up, rise up now. If ever you are going to write a check, write a check now. If you’ve ever worried about your country, worry now, because this is the absolute crossroads that we must make decisions today that are going to affect us for generations to come.”
    It was after Glenn brought up Bevin’s family – his wife, Glenna, in particular – that the candidate got especially fired up.
    “I’ll tell you: This is not a game. What is at stake is significant. It is the future of this great nation,” Bevin said emphatically. “And the idea that we got here by accident, the idea that we just got here by coincidence, and the idea that we’re going to stay here on auto pilot is a fool’s notion. And we have got to take ownership. We’ve got to step up.”
    Glenn encouraged his listeners to consider how they can get involved this election cycle because the candidates are truly worthy of our support.
    “If you believe in Mitch McConnell, then go contribute to the GOP… But if you hear this guy and you want a different course, I would ask that you… contact [Bevin] through his website and find out how you can help. If you don’t have any money, that’s all right. We’re all in different situations, but we all have a way to serve,” Glenn said. “I don’t know if anybody else felt that, [but] when he stopped… that was one of the most powerful moments I have felt… There’s something special about this guy… And I would urge you to do your own homework, and if you find him worthy, then support him in the ways that you can.”

Learn more about Bevin’s campaign HERE.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/05/07/...te-matt-bevin/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Get Off Your Knee's America