Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Good letter to the editor in my paper today

This ran in Saturday's Tucson Citizen:

President should speak in an intelligent manner
    As a Latino male, I'm often judged by the way I verbally communicate my ideas.
    If I'm unable to do so in an intelligent manner, then I'm not considered to be mentally bright.
    Why then is not President Bush held to the same standard?
    This U.S. president is considered to be the leader of the free world. Therefore, I would hope he would be able to speak in an intelligent manner and not end up looking like a high school dropout.
    I'm sorry, but I believe our president should have a grasp of the English language.
    Eddie Flores
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

i agree with your point, being able to speak in an intelligent manner is important, but if i saw that he was acting in 'our' best interests and not mexico's i could over look his absence of a 'silver tongue'. i guess what i am saying is actions speak louder then words and mr bush's actions appear to be headed toward striping the sovereignty of this once great country. but it does amaze me that the people of this country continue to keep a blind eye on this problem. what will it take to wake people up?