Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

Good News from OFIR

OFIR Members/Friends –

Many of you expressed a serious concern that Amnesty would pass now that the Democrats, Locally & Nationwide, have control of both Chambers. However, the response to the Pres.'s repeat of a "Guest Worker" Program has been condemned strongly by Democrats and what the Press calls "Conservative" Republicans.

Pres. Jim Ludwick has visited with Democrats at the Capitol, who will Vote on Bills we support.

Gov. Kulongoski said we need Employer verification in a Debate.

We also have the Wall Street Journal, usually for unlimited workers, admitting that wages went up immediately when Illegal Workers were replaced with Americans. We have a WIN-WIN here. For the cause, Rick Hickey-VP

PLEASE Call, Write, E-Mail your Rep. http://www.leg.state.or.us/

Nationally, The chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee & Democrat, Charlie Rangel: "This guest worker program's the closest thing I've ever seen to slavery". "I mean, how do you bring people over here and the employer decides how long you're going to stay and God knows what you've got to do if they have a baby." (From Lou Dobbs-1/24/07)

U.S. Rep. Peter De Fazio, D-Ore., said “However, I strongly disagree with the president’s proposal to import hundreds of thousands of so-called ‘guest workers’ every year,” he said. “That is a recipe for lower wages, reduced bargaining power, and dismal working conditions for millions of American workers.” (Statesman-Journal-1/24/07)

An Immigration Raid
    Aids Blacks -- For a Time

After Latinos Flee,
    Factory Shifts to Locals;
    Mr. Royals's Struggle

By EVAN PÉREZ and COREY DADE
    Wall Street Journal, January 17, 2007;

STILLMORE, Ga. -- After a wave of raids by federal immigration agents on Labor Day weekend, a local chicken-processing company called Crider Inc. lost 75% of its mostly Hispanic 900-member work force. The crackdown threatened to cripple the economic anchor of this fading rural town.

But for local African-Americans, the dramatic appearance of federal agents presented an unexpected opportunity. Crider suddenly raised pay at the plant. An advertisement in the weekly Forest-Blade newspaper blared "Increased Wages" at Crider, starting at $7 to $9 an hour -- more than a dollar above what the company had paid many immigrant workers. The company began offering free transportation from nearby towns and free rooms in a company-owned dormitory near to the plant. For the first time in years, local officials say, Crider aggressively sought workers from the area's state-funded employment office -- a key avenue for low-skilled workers to find jobs. Of 400 candidates sent to Crider -- most of them black -- the plant hired about 200.

Legal Hispanic workers who remained at Crider after the raid complain that the new black production line workers are getting higher pay but don't work as hard as their Latino cohorts did.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Excellent post!

I think someone may have replaced our prez's...brain with a low wage forgein worker
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Banned
    Nationally, The chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee & Democrat, Charlie Rangel: "This guest worker program's the closest thing I've ever seen to slavery". "I mean, how do you bring people over here and the employer decides how long you're going to stay and God knows what you've got to do if they have a baby." (From Lou Dobbs-1/24/07)
    The problem with Rangel is that he doesn't want a guest worker program, he wants to just allow anyone to come and get a green card and then citizenship and all the benefits that go along with it. The guest worker program would be a compromise....he wants to go all the way!

April
    I cannot believe the arrogance of idiots speaking out for Illegal Aliens ! Maybe, hopefully, their arrogance will be their downfall.