Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

On a good note...

I was just reading the post re: the McDonald's managers involved in the ID theft case. (been out of commission a few days)

That reminded me that my kids and I went to a Chipotle last Sunday and there was only 1 hispanic (I think he was hispanic) working there. He seemed to be in a supervisory position but he spoke perfect English. The rest of the workers were.... get this...! Whites, Blacks, and 1 Asian - young people!

I was a bit stunned because over the last few years every time I went to a Chipotle it was almost always exclusively hispanics employees there.

So, I'm figuring that a lot of those former employees were most likely illegally working. Of course it is the first Chipotle I've been to in awhile but...

It's just very nice to see the effect all that the cracking down on Chipotle's hiring of illegals has had... even if it is just one restaurant that I can definitely say this about because I'm pretty darn sure that the effect has spread to many more...

Have a good weekend all! Take some time to... relax.... kick your feet up and have a beer or a margarita (my favorite =) or whatever is your fancy.

As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Re: On a good note...

Quote Originally Posted by forest
    It's just very nice to see the effect all that the cracking down on Chipotle's hiring of illegals has had... even if it is just one restaurant that I can definitely say this about because I'm pretty darn sure that the effect has spread to many more...

Have a good weekend all! Take some time to... relax.... kick your feet up and have a beer or a margarita (my favorite =) or whatever is your fancy.
    "Thanks Ms.Gump!" You do the same and I just saw a flock of Geese headed your way! I think I'll go have a burrito and see if it's the same here!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I was just reading the post re: the McDonald's managers involved in the ID theft case. (been out of commission a few days)

That reminded me that my kids and I went to a Chipotle last Sunday and there was only 1 hispanic (I think he was hispanic) working there. He seemed to be in a supervisory position but he spoke perfect English. The rest of the workers were.... get this...! Whites, Blacks, and 1 Asian - young people!

I was a bit stunned because over the last few years every time I went to a Chipotle it was almost always exclusively hispanics employees there.

So, I'm figuring that a lot of those former employees were most likely illegally working. Of course it is the first Chipotle I've been to in awhile but...

FANTASTIC! Have a great weekend
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Banned

So good to hear!! You have a great weekend also forest.

I will still not go to Chipoltes in Las Vegas or any where else at least not for a long time if ever again ..that was our favorite fast food place too..we used to go at least once a week..by doing what they were doing and the way I saw them hiring here it totally turned me off.

Kathyet