Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Good ol New Jersey

The Good Ol New Jersey political scene. Its better than any show or movie...lmao This is just ONE story. IN NJ they come out with a few corruption stories each day it seems...

TRENTON -- A top New Jersey Democratic official said Democratic Assemblyman Anthony Chiappone is expected to be charged today by state prosecutors for official misconduct and violating campaign finance laws.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorized to speak about the charges, said the allegations relate to accusations that Chiappone took money from his employees' paychecks and moved it into his campaign coffers.

"I am expecting the worst quite honestly," said Chiappone, when reached by the Jersey Journal this afternoon prior to the announcement. "They don't have a press conference for no reason."

Chiappone, of Bayonne, began his current legislative term in 2008, and previously held an Assembly seat from 2004-2005. Chiappone resigned from his city council seat in April, a position he had held since 2002.

Chiappone represents the 31st legislative district alongside Assemblyman L. Harvey Smith, who was arrested in July's corruption and money laundering sting that netted 44 people.

In April, Chiappone confirmed he was under investigation for allegedly forging signatures of Assembly aides on paychecks and cashing them. Chiappone said five former and one current Assembly aide informed the lawmaker that state investigators visited them to show them copies of canceled checks and ask them to verify their signatures.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish I could sue this state Government for making me feel embarassed and humiliated and for other emotional distress...pffft

Mr. Chiappone is not the brightest candle on the cake. Maybe Madoff can give him some lessons.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)